World War Z and beyond?

Which is half the reason why I don't use the film at all when looking at World War Z. Even Max Brooks said in an interview, that the only thing the movie and the book have in common is the title "World War Z".

Then only other thing they had in common was one character: Jurgen Warmbrunn, the Israeli intelligence guy who gave the speech about the tenth man rule. Which was surprising book accurate, almost word for word.

Hopefully someone pulls off a WWZ TV series like BoB or the Pacific!

I was thinking more like a documentary, like the start of Interstellar. I'd also get most of the cast from the Audiobook to play the characters (or the older versions of the).
Like Sebastian Stan as Todd Wainio, and Mark Hamill as the older Todd.

Then only other thing they had in common was one character: Jurgen Warmbrunn, the Israeli intelligence guy who gave the speech about the tenth man rule. Which was surprising book accurate, almost word for word.

That was the one scene I was actually happy to see. Warmbrunn was brilliant, and the tenth man speech was sheer beauty. The one of a few diamonds in the rough that was the movie World War Z.

That was the one scene I was actually happy to see. Warmbrunn was brilliant, and the tenth man speech was sheer beauty. The one of a few diamonds in the rough that was the movie World War Z.

It was the most accurate scene, followed by something that was both accurate and inaccurate.

https://www.amazon.com/Zombie-War-a...TF8&qid=1544913302&sr=8-5&keywords=zombie+war

I recently read this book. It was inspired by the author reading WWZ and deciding to write a book that better handles the military aspect. There were some annoying political bits but overall I enjoyed it.
Any particular highlights? Also what annoying political bits where there? I can guess it was one of those "thanks to "x" political group we were completely unprepared for the zombies!" but I'd hope it is something a little more nuanced than that bullshit.

Any particular highlights? Also what annoying political bits where there? I can guess it was one of those "thanks to "x" political group we were completely unprepared for the zombies!" but I'd hope it is something a little more nuanced than that bullshit.

Spoilers

The infection is limited to the South Eastern US. Virus is originally created by a Soviet Bio Lab and then sold by a rogue scientist to the Iranians. The US stops the zombie hordes with a fortified defensive line stretching from the North Carolina/South Carolina border. Completely different tactics and strategy then WWZ. Frankly I'd say they made a lot more sense. Also the military segments (there were a lot it's primarily military focused) felt a lot more authentic (I suppose because the writer spent like 20 years in the US army) Lots and lots of usage of heavy weapons to incapacitate zombies. Shit loads of artillery and air strikes turning zombie hordes into lots of pieces. Strategy goes something like

1) Identify hordes and hit with shitloads of Artillery/bombs
2) Line up tanks and IFV's lined up wheel to wheel and use them as steam rollers to literally crush zombies into dust.
3) Lines of Infantry in M113's coming up last to dispose of the piles of broken but still living zombies.

The writing itself isn't Pulitzer prize winning and I guess some of the characters are kinda flat. Still I liked it a lot.

how abot Madagascar o? do they survive or jst collapsed as Iceland?
I guess they survived in some form or another. Unlike Iceland, Madagascar has it's own armed forces and has a somehow tropical climate.
There are also some islands between it and mainland Africa, such as the Comoros, that may serve as a distraction.

Last edited:
I liked the book WWZ it had a '5 mins into the future' feel when it came out- 'military vehicles still painted in desert colours from the last war' for example when the US was still in Iraq for example.

Sure some of the military tactics might have been a bit flaky, but that's OC Brookes not being an expert, and IC the overwhelming effects of the Great Panic, and unpreparedness for the zombies reality. I figure whomever was in charge at Yonkers was also incompetent or over confident about what they where facing and just got it totally wrong.

There is no WWZ movie.