Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorozhand

Banned
This flag was adopted by the Federal Republic of Iraq as part of the 1998 Convention of Kalar during the second phase of the 1991-2002 Iraqi Civil War, a conflict which saw Soviet aligned Kurdish rebels finally win the independence of Kurdistan after a protracted struggle aided by an Iraqi military mutiny and, with Soviet military aid pouring in, participate in a larger war to free all of Iraq from Saddam Hussein's rule. Saddam's forces entrenched themselves and fought all sides for several years with surprising effectiveness. Saddam's promotion of more competent officers under the influence of Ra'ad al Hamdani and a huge influx of international aid during the US invasion of Kuwait and Kurdistan in 1991-93 (but prior to the arms embargo imposed after the annexation), as well as the completion and mass production of the Lion of Babylon T-72 clone allowed his regime to survive fighting a defensive war. In 1995, the Kurdish state unified with a league of rebel groups after the drafting of the 1998 Constitution, which created a new state dedicated to ethnic pluralism while Hamid Majid Mousa, provisional president of the Iraq People's Government during the first uprising who had been flown to Mosul after exile in the USSR and who had worked with Kurdish and Turkoman leaders to help organize the convention, was appointed president of the Federal Republic of Iraq. By 2000 the final defensive lines around Baghdad were breached in a concentrated FRI offensive, while Qusay Hussein led loyal units of the Republican Guard and Fedayeen Saddam to resist in the southwest and organize guerrilla resistance elsewhere before he was captured and executed in 2002.

Black and red represent Iraq as a whole, while green and red represent the leading role of the Kurds in overthrowing the nationalist regime, while combined they represent unity and understanding between peoples. In the triangle is written Hadith 32: "Do not cause harm or return harm", the motto of the FRI.

Iraqflagpall2.png

The Flag of the Britannic Union

- The canton is an amalgam of the crosses of St George, St Andrew and St Patrick, representing the union of the three Britannic peoples: the English, Scots and Irish
- The red field symbolizes the blood of the Martyrs spilt during the Revolution against autocrats and tyrants
- The canton and field together reflect the historic Red Ensign of the Royal Navy, who stood by the People during their time of need
- The crown represents the sovereignty of Britannia in Union, held above any citizen or constituent republic
- The eleven stars stand for the eleven founding Republics of the Revolution, three of the Home Islands and eight of the New World, united by the blue ocean of our maritime Empire
- The three red bars embody the three pillars of the Revolution of Equality, Liberty & Justice, standing on a field of white, symbolizing Peace in Union
- The laurel wreath documents the final Victory of the People over the chains that bound them
QyZz8aQ.png

Last edited:
Newturk.png

Flag of the Republic of Turkey.
In 1918 the leading general Kemal Pasha overturned the ineffective CUP government and took the Sultan in custody.
After defeating the communists in Caucasus and occupying Kurdish lands, he proclaimed the Republic.

Based on my post in the Map Thread earlier today, here are the flags of the Dominion of Quebec, Belgian Florida, and the governor of Belgian Florida.

DominionofQuebec2.png

Belgian Florida.png

BelFLgovernor.png

I don't have any good words to describe it, but here's a gallery of flags to go along with my WIP map that I've yet to put out the basics. (Take a wild guess at the PoD)
I absolutely love this one
upload_2018-12-7_10-41-59.png

modified it a bit because I want to use it (at least the design of it) as the naval flag of a nation I'm making

When do you make flag, do you respect the araldic rules?
Just curious...
I don't know about "araldic" ;) but I generally use rules that form the basis of heraldic ones: no light colour on light, or dark on dark. I also avoid maps, and also text where possible.
I follow the KIDS rule: keep it damn simple so kids can draw it recognisably.

italyimp.png

The Unuseful and dangerous yellow-green goverment in Italy leads to the crash of the country in near future.
The ASB, having piety of Italy, arouse the imperial party, a movement that wish subordinate Italy to Japan.
Thanks to italian Otakus, it gainin 80% of votes and Italy, again with the help of ASB, is been incorporated in Japanese empire as "Western Prefecture"

Obviously the colors, green, white and red are from Italy, while Japan gives us the rising sun.

AXIS UK..png
After the success of Operation Sea Lion, which was accomplished along with the help of the British Union of Fascist, Oswald Mosley and his blackshirts took control of occupied England, declaring himself the Supreme Prime Minister. He called for the Commonwealth countries to obey the orders of laying down arms to the Axis, a call which fell on many a deaf ear. The flag had multiple variants. Red: Army. Blue: Navy. White: Airforce. Gold: Country.
UK RESISTANCE..png

Whilst the call for surrender fell mostly on deaf ears (Except for Canada, excluding Quebec and everything east of it), the call to arms from the former Prime Minister, Winston Churchill, motivated many fighters in the former UK to continue fighting, like Churchill said. Churchill's Army is one of the more well known guerrilla forces.
Their motto being "We Shall Never Surrender".

If you're interested:
Flag Challenge 200

Bicentennial Banner
It's been 200 years since the founding of the nation and you have been commissioned to produce a celebratory banner.

Challenge Restrictions:
The nation must be founded in the 1800s and if existed OTL cannot have lasted beyond 100 years.
The banner must, in some fashion, include or be obviously derived from the founding flag

Submissions Close: 04.00 GMT Sunday 16th December [1]
Poll Opens: Sunday 16th December

[1] That's right, you have 200 hours!
Entries here.

Illinois.png

State of Illinois, Third Flag of the series.

The bars on the top, left, and bottom represent Lake Michigan, Mississippi River, and Ohio River, respectively. 20 stars represent the 20 states that preceded Illinois. The red star represents Illinois, and the rays represent its impact on the Union.

kansas.png

Kansas, state #4.
16 stars on the top row and 17 on the bottom represent the states prior to Kansas. A black line down the middle of the flag represents its central location in the Union. 3 sunflowers, as it is the state's flower.

View attachment 425023
Second Flag, Idaho.

43 stripes in the background for the 43rd state in the union, as well as a lilac, the state's flower.
Too many stripes and an indistinct emblem.

View attachment 425183
Kansas, state #4.
16 stars on the top row and 17 on the bottom represent the states prior to Kansas. A black line down the middle of the flag represents its central location in the Union. 3 sunflowers, as it is the state's flower.
Pretty but not a good flag really.
Little distinction between the coloured rays and too many of them. The stars are also too small to look like stars.

And remember the KIDS rule: keep it damn simple so kids can draw it recognisably.

Too many stripes and an indistinct emblem.

Pretty but not a good flag really.
Little distinction between the coloured rays and too many of them. The stars are also too small to look like stars.

And remember the KIDS rule: keep it damn simple so kids can draw it recognisably.
The first one I could have simplified if I had a better number to work with.

The second one has rays coming from each point of the star.

Status
Not open for further replies.