Dominion of America: An Alternate Timeline

BNA Ethnic Map.png

Here is the preliminary Ethnic Map of the Dominion of America, not finalized and excluding urban areas (the white dots you see all over the map), which are to be analyzed and filled in eventually.

BTW, here is a key for the map above:
Red = Anglo (White English speaker)
Blue = Franco (White French speaker)
Yellow = Hispanic (Spanish speakers of any race)
Brown = African
Tan = East Asian
More background is coming on each ethnic group, such as percentage, history and deeper ancestral details.

When is the exact POD (year)? The TL is about a Dominion of America, so what about a British Revolution?
1. 1776 is the POD.
2. Nope, the crown is still around. Britain was the most effectively run country in Europe, and thus would have been one of the last to see a revolution. No French Revolution occurs either, in the 1790s at least, and nothing that would overthrow the monarchy, since those the republican ideals of the American Revolution wouldn't have been a motivator for revolution. TBH, a country like Austria or Spain could have seen a revolution, but I'm not sure if it'd become anti monarchy, or just be for more checks and balances on royal power (something the Hillbilly Habsburgs would be unlikely to accept).

From sea to shining sea, Rule Britannia!

What's the government like? And a basic historical outline?

I'm also interested how North American English develops. Hoi Toide/Carolina Broque more prominent, and Australian/NZ-like accents later in the 19th century perhaps out west?

Last edited:
2. Nope, the crown is still around. Britain was the most effectively run country in Europe, and thus would have been one of the last to see a revolution. No French Revolution occurs either, in the 1790s at least, and nothing that would overthrow the monarchy, since those the republican ideals of the American Revolution wouldn't have been a motivator for revolution. TBH, a country like Austria or Spain could have seen a revolution, but I'm not sure if it'd become anti monarchy, or just be for more checks and balances on royal power (something the Hillbilly Habsburgs would be unlikely to accept).

What about a proper Polish-Lithuanian Revolution? @Jan Olbracht and @Augenis could help you with a Polish-Lithuanian Republican Calendar and movement.

I was talking about a hard, French-type revolution.
Same result, most likely. Though I would doubt that a "hard" revolution could even reasonably take place in Poland-Lithuania, since it was no absolute monarchy and it had a right to rebellion, so any "revolution" would most likely be replacing Poniatowski with a different King and then promptly getting noped by the Russian Army.

You know, like the Bar Confederation.

There was a time, when nobility of PLC could possibly see getting rid of monarch a good idea-the time, when Polish crown was contested between Augustus II and Stanisław Leszczyński, who were both not very popular.