The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

Districts of Tanzania and Rwanda plus corrections in Burundi and Kenya
East_Africa.png

Has anyone ever made ice sheet patches for Ellesmere / Baffin Islands and Alaska?

Also, I found this in my saved files: an excellent patch for France. Not my own work.

France.png

Patched the geography of Japan, Sakhalin and the Kurils
upload_2018-11-30_16-21-13.png

EDIT: Patched the Sea of Okhotsk and Primorskaya.
upload_2018-11-30_21-28-35.png

Last edited:
Has anyone ever made ice sheet patches for Ellesmere / Baffin Islands and Alaska?

Working on it. Would've been done months ago if I didn't have so much other work to get done.

Baffin island so far;
upload_2018-11-30_21-34-23.png

Very much still a WIP, just putting it out here to stake a claim to the Canadian Arctic islands before anyone else starts trying.

I Was going to do Alaska as well, but never got round to starting it, so I wouldn't mind if someone else gave it a go.

It turns out that the white version of the Q-BAM map doesn't quite patch up with the grey patches. I've tried it with Namibia and Mozambique, but it is just... plain off.

Edit: My fault; I looked for the wrong one.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a QBAM of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth at its height? The only one I can find was made quite a while ago.

Subregions on Eritrea are WIP and no up to date map with the sub-districts of Botswana has been found, same case for Libya
You could perhaps provide us with the most recent version availbale for the sub-districts of Botswana. Libya is a no-go; I can't even find any second level subdivisions of Libya from the Gadaffi era, let alone the current state.

Kosta

Banned
Has anyone ever successfully drawn the proposed borders of the Treaty of Sèvres? The historical thread has a map of 1919 but the borders in Anatolia just aren't quite right. I've been trying to hand drawn them on my own but I'm not satisfied with how my results have turned out so far.

You could perhaps provide us with the most recent version availbale for the sub-districts of Botswana. Libya is a no-go; I can't even find any second level subdivisions of Libya from the Gadaffi era, let alone the current state.
I don't know which version of Botswana's districts is the most recent, since I've seen like 5 variables

Here's a minuscule patch with 2 things:
-Jarvis Island was shown as part of Kiribati so it has it's own box now
-Kingman Reef was somehow missing, it's probably off by a few pixels since I just eyeballed it mostly so someone might have to look into it a bit more

jarvis island.png

Second levels of Eswatini, Lesotho, Kenya, Somaliland; corrected some borders and second levels of Uganda and Somalia and added some lakes
East_Africa.png

So I wanted to ask you which version is better. I've been fixing borders within the whole map to match them with the next picture
examplar-1-png.195711

Here are some samples of the current version (X2, Incorrect) and the version I'm working on now (X1, Correct)

X1 X2
upload_2018-12-16_14-9-3.pngupload_2018-12-16_14-10-24.png

I'll update Q-BAM whenever I'm finished with it. I only have Asia to do rn so it shouldn't take much.