Build a world starting with tectonic plates—Oreios

Which way does the world turn? That will determine wind and were most concetration of clouds will form. This will determine were deserts and planes with plants will form.

Here's the latitude map:

Worldbuilding II continents and latitudes.png

I won't be able to work on the temperatures and climate today, so could someone improve and refine the rain map since mine seems...not as accurate as I hoped?

Just a thought, but maybe it would be a good idea to somehow change the map so that the split was between the bird shaped continent and the stingray shaped continent/island so that it didn't just cut through the largest continent.

Awesome! To my super un-trained eye, it looks like there’s not a ton of variation. Is that the case? Or is earth similar?

Awesome! To my super un-trained eye, it looks like there’s not a ton of variation. Is that the case? Or is earth similar?
Looking back, I actually agree that variation is not that apparent. I am not sure how much each area varies, since the tutorial does not specify that, but we can assume it has the range of earth, approximately. While I will not tweak the colors or transparency again right now, they might be readjusted later.

Just a little tip for climates, deserts tend to form on the west coasts of continents, between 15 and 30 degrees latitude. This is especially true when there's a cool current offshore.

Right. Once we get wind and weather patterns established those things will come. How do we go about this?

Sorry, but I don't think I can find the time to do the climate map. If anyone wants to, you can use the previously linked tutorial and continue.