WIP Map Thread

Africa is a bit too convergent for a War of 1812 POD. Most of the borders you have there weren't drawn until the Berlin Conference in OTL, especially considering some of the others changes you've made (such as the disunited Italy, stronger Greece, and so on).

Fair enough, my logic was that those lines did have some logic behind them and I couldn't really think of a different way to "fairly" divide the continent that wouldn't look completely random and arbitrary. So I just used what I had. Though I am curious where you got a Stronger Greece from?

Fair enough, my logic was that those lines did have some logic behind them and I couldn't really think of a different way to "fairly" divide the continent that wouldn't look completely random and arbitrary. So I just used what I had. Though I am curious where you got a Stronger Greece from?

I mistook the purple in Lybia for a Greek invasion, but I see it is a different shade upon a second, closer look (on your QBam). As for the rest, certain things are a little absurdly anachronistic (and I'm not saying that to be mean); Belgian Congo for example was an enormous quirk and stroke of luck in OTL for Leopold II, stemming from the fact that none of the other great powers at the table wanted anyone else to have it. It's difficult to imagine an identical geopolitical situation arising from an 1812 POD (but looking at the BAM, several things there are anachronistic, such as the Kaiserreich borders, the Ausgleich, Galicia-Lodomeria, and other things that didn't occur until the latter half of the 19th Century.

Seeing that I can tell you went light on the butterflies, which is fine, it just doesn't fit my personal taste.

Gian

Banned
NOTE: This is related to this.
argentina.png

Isaac Beach

Banned
I've been running a bit low on ideas, and then this idea suddenly hit me. Early work, but see if you can guess the concept: it's a little bit circuitous.

Tidewater Republic.png

What color would you all suggest for a British Empire that switches its capital to Africa, and the royal family slowly becomes more Africanized?

Some mix of pink, brown and/or (South Africa, I presume?) orange?
That's what I was thinking, but I'm trying to get something that doesn't look too much like the South African color, because the capital is now in South Africa, but I don't want people thinking it's a mega-South Africa.

So, the last time I did a map of all of Europe someone commented that I had left out some Polish enclaves in modern day Slovakia. However, I can't seem to find any maps detailed enough. Could anyone help me out? The date is June 1st 1521, btw, and besides continuous Danish control with Sweden, the map is supposed to be OTL.

Another question is the status of Genoa and Savoy. Regarding the former, I know that Doge Ottaviano Fregoso had acknowledged Francis I as his overlord in 1515, but would that merit depicting Genoa as a French vasal?

OCwJzjh.png

Other suggestions are of course also appreciated.

Last edited:
So, the last time I did a map of all of Europe someone commented that I had left out some Polish enclaves in modern day Slovakia. However, I can't seem to find any maps detailed enough. Could anyone help me out? The date is June 1st 1521, btw, and besides continuous Danish control with Sweden, the map is supposed to be OTL.

Other suggestions are of course also appreciated.
Not sure if this help... https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zastaw_spiski