WI - Haile Selassie I, King of Israel!

Got it, but is he a religious Christian ITTL? in that case you would need another prince to actually become King of Israel.
No, that's apart of the POD I have in mind - I was planning to have TTL's Haile Selassie born in northwestern Ethiopia (maybe in Gondar) where his father converted to Judaism. Then again, let me remind you that I am still flushing out this concept.

I don't know if you have just write this (to long read everything).
Negus Negesti of Ethiopia were considered of Salomonid blood, why Israel, to become more acceptable to other countries, could not submit in personal union with Ethiopia?

I don't know if you have just write this (to long read everything).
Negus Negesti of Ethiopia were considered of Salomonid blood, why Israel, to become more acceptable to other countries, could not submit in personal union with Ethiopia?
If we're talking about post-WWII, why would Israel's leaders accept personal union with Ethiopia?

May be the POD is early, and prominent European jews search a personality that could rule over them (and, moreover, protect them).
It's true that westerns didn't give a dam about other peoples... But...

May be the POD is early, and prominent European jews search a personality that could rule over them (and, moreover, protect them).
It's true that westerns didn't give a dam about other peoples... But...
Are you proposing a scenario where Ethiopia accepts Jews fleeing from European prosecution in the 20s and 30s, ending up with a pro-Ethiopia Zionist faction that advocates for an Ethiopian King?

Are you proposing a scenario where Ethiopia accepts Jews fleeing from European prosecution in the 20s and 30s, ending up with a pro-Ethiopia Zionist faction that advocates for an Ethiopian King?
Yes, why not.
Ethiopia just had its number of jews, and accepting European jews mean also take European techs and knowledges.
Then, after the war, supposing a better and richer Ethiopia, the Negus can become also king of Israel, in virtue of his Salomonid blood
He still stay coptic christian, but in personal union, he could rule Palestine.

Yes, why not.
Ethiopia just had its number of jews, and accepting European jews mean also take European techs and knowledges.
Then, after the war, supposing a better and richer Ethiopia, the Negus can become also king of Israel, in virtue of his Salomonid blood
He still stay coptic christian, but in personal union, he could rule Palestine.
Sounds interesting but I was thinking of having an Ethiopian Monarch actually rule Israel as a Kingdom.

But Israel could be a kingdom, only ruled in personal union by the Negus, so you can have the kingdom of Israel without forcing a lot of butterflyes.

If you like a kingdom of Israel alone, you could always make the D.E.R.G coup happen and make Haile Salassie flyes to Jerusalem for saving himself.
At that point, the next king could be convert himself to judahism.

P.s not so sure about my English sorry if i have made some mistakes

Also keep in mind his name wouldn’t be Haile Selassie since that’s a Christian name. I imagine the last name he takes would either be ben-David (son of David) or ben-Shlomo (son of Solomon) to establish his legitimacy as ruler. As for first name, I imagine either something Yehudah (Judah) or Ari (Lion) or Ariel (Lion of God).

Also another thought: if another Emperor ends up in power in Ethiopia, you may see a more liberal Ethiopian government which may avoid the Derg coup.

Ha? What the...? Are you guys realy disscusing this? This is sooooooo ASB on sooo many levels... the ONLY way for that to happen is that Ethiopia invades Israel and crown Heile Selassie by gun point. Even then he will last maybe a week after the ethiopian army leaves.... realy, there is NO other way.

Ha? What the...? Are you guys realy disscusing this? This is sooooooo ASB on sooo many levels... the ONLY way for that to happen is that Ethiopia invades Israel and crown Heile Selassie by gun point. Even then he will last maybe a week after the ethiopian army leaves.... realy, there is NO other way.
I don't think its ASB with the right POD and TL being written.

The right POD is ethiopian invasion and ethnic cleanising
Not really. It wouldn't require an Ethiopian invasion. The idea isn't an Ethiopian colony, but an Israel with a Solomonic king as a monarch. As for the ethnic cleansing part, that wouldn't be a POD, that would just be part of the timeline (if it happens, since a Nakba event isn't necessarily a given in every Zionist ATL, although there's no reason in this timeline to assume things would change to the point where it wouldn't happen, so the Nakba likely still takes place).

While it's not a likely timeline, it is not hard to believe a POD that could drive an event like this would happen. Harry Turtledove wrote a timeline where Stalin becomes President of the US, and there are ATL's out there on this forum that do the same thing but with Hitler, Trotsky, and even Castro, so I don't think it's impossible, just improbable.

Also keep in mind his name wouldn’t be Haile Selassie since that’s a Christian name. I imagine the last name he takes would either be ben-David (son of David) or ben-Shlomo (son of Solomon) to establish his legitimacy as ruler. As for first name, I imagine either something Yehudah (Judah) or Ari (Lion) or Ariel (Lion of God).
But we are thinking of, at least HS, of a king of Christian origin on a jew throne.