Rally for the Farmers! Willie Nelson and the late 20th century populist movement

Nothing too major. The continuing war in Iraq (which is increasingly against insurgents) is a problem and the Robertson DEA and IRS are allegedly targeting left-wing politicians and public figures. Much of the coast hates him, but people in the interior are feeling good economically and the President's odd statements have declined quite a bit since his election. It's kind of a "liberals hate him, conservatives are fine with him" sort of deal.

@President Earl Warren Was right that the White House has been able to clamp down on questionable behavior.

I mean based on this description, and the fact that Mondale and Brown should split the anti-Robertson vote, he should be alright for re-election. That being said he'll probably be the first POTUS since Wilson to win re-election with a smaller electoral college showing that his first election.

Yeah, I really wasn't expecting either Fuhrer Governor Brown or Walter Mondale.
"I am Governor Jerry Brown, my aura smiles and never frowns........It's the suede denim secret police, they have come for your uncool niece" - Biafra, California Uber Alles

"I am Governor Jerry Brown, my aura smiles and never frowns........It's the suede denim secret police, they have come for your uncool niece" - Biafra, California Uber Alles
Honestly I wanted to do a musical interlude with a mid-90d remake of California Über Alles, but I couldn’t get the inspiration to write it. I was hoping to put it right after the Kaczynski update, and it might’ve helped with predictions.

Actually, similarly to what other people have done, I’m inclined to allow reader submissions as canon. I’d anyone wanted to rewrite this classic I’d be very happy.

To be honest, I'm a little bit surprised no one has commented on the fact France is now run by a General with no elected political experience and a history of administering parts of occupied Iraq and serving as an defense advisor to Jacques Chirac.

To be honest, I'm a little bit surprised no one has commented on the fact France is now run by a General with no elected political experience and a history of administering parts of occupied Iraq and serving as an defense advisor to Jacques Chirac.

I honestly didn't know who that person was, so I didn't have any sort of shot of or surprise.

Prediction: Jerry's abrasiveness and Mondale's sort of traitorous air will split the election for Robertson, leaving the next election open for N A D E R

Last edited:

I mean it could have been Jacques Foccart, which would have been in-ter-est-ing...

I mean it could have been Jacques Foccart, which would have been in-ter-est-ing...
Indeed...

I honestly didn't know who that person was, so I didn't have any sort of shot of or surprise.
That's fair enough. I could see myself having the same reaction.

Can Mondale keep up with someone whose aura smiles and never frowns?
See, you joke about that, but when you look up pictures of Walter Mondale, he has a smile in most of them while Jerry Brown has a sort of grimace. Maybe Mondale was who Jello Biafra was trying to warn us about all along?

OK, I lied. Here's a map showing Senate delegations at the start of the 104th Congress (January 1995)

2 Republicans
1 Republican 1 Rally for the Farmer

1 Republican 1 Independent
1 Republican 1 Democrat
2 Democrats
1 Democrat 1 Rally for the Farmers
1 Democrat 1 Independent
2 Rally for the Farmers

Republican: 53 (+3)
Democratic: 34 (-10)
Rally for the Farmers: 11 (+7)
Independent: 2 (-)

1995senate.png

Last edited:
1996 Presidential Election Tickets
1996 Presidential Election: Final Tickets

Ballot Access in 50 states+DC
President Pat Robertson / Vice President John Heinz III (Republican)
Former Governor Jerry Brown / Senator Bob Kerrey (Democratic)
Former Vice President Walter Mondale / Representative Jim Hightower (Rally for the Farmers)
Writer Harry Browne / Activist Jeffrey Diket (Libertarian)

Access to 400-532 electoral votes
Businessman John Hagelin / Activist Terry Nevas (Natural Law)

Access to 301-400 electoral votes

Activist Joel Kovel / Activist Robert Marston (Green)
Hippie Stephen Gaskin / Activist Annette Larson (New Alliance)

1996 Presidential Election: Final Tickets

Ballot Access in 50 states+DC
President Pat Robertson / Vice President John Heinz III (Republican)
Former Governor Jerry Brown / Senator Bob Kerrey (Democratic)
Former Vice President Walter Mondale / Representative Jim Hightower (Rally for the Farmers)
Writer Harry Browne / Activist Jeffrey Diket (Libertarian)

Access to 400-532 electoral votes
Businessman John Hagelin / Activist Terry Nevas (Natural Law)

Access to 301-400 electoral votes

Activist Joel Kovel / Activist Robert Marston (Green)
Hippie Stephen Gaskin / Activist Annette Larson (New Alliance)
Natural law landslide, 500 evs taking us to full pineal gland decalcifying all around the usa
Calling it