Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Another idea how to bring peace to Europe

proposal1920a.jpg

Please tell me this is just very, very loose federations, because I can't imagine how uniting the Balkans together would bring peace.
And I do love how Poland is stuffed with basically all of the former Commonwealth of Poland and Lithuania, meaning the Austrians have to give them all of Galicia-Lodomeria, despite how Jews and Rusyns, Ruthenians, and Ukrainians (there were differences between the groups, though some slid into the other) outnumbered them. It also seems that half of Bukovina was given to Poland, leaving the Austrian half of their Dual Monarchy just the tiniest of nubs over there. You would think they would just give it to Romania, maybe with Bessarabia as well. After all, they have a map in the corner showing language/ethnic groups anyways, so they were hardly ignorant of it. Can anyone read a date on the map sometime, to give an idea of when it was printed? There is a 1920 on there, but given the question mark and how WWI ended long before then, I imagine it would be at least five or six years in the future. Really though, this all points to how lazy people could be back in those days when it came to maps. Just find a regular map, then do outlines over it. No need to change colors. Just slice off bits of Turkey

I really can’t vouch for any map that assumes Britain and Italy should be in the same supranational Union.

Also how is the NE group supposed to even work? It’s just OTL Russia, but unwieldier. “Poland” could really be its own group.

Also the Caucasus deserves its own supranational Union.

Actually, this whole union idea/thing is ASB (especially for the early 20th century) and wouldn’t help anything even if it were implemented.

I really can’t vouch for any map that assumes Britain and Italy should be in the same supranational Union.

Also how is the NE group supposed to even work? It’s just OTL Russia, but unwieldier. “Poland” could really be its own group.

Also the Caucasus deserves its own supranational Union.

Actually, this whole union idea/thing is ASB (especially for the early 20th century) and wouldn’t help anything even if it were implemented.
This is like the early twentieth century equivalent of bad AH maps where space-filling empires take up most of Africa, Asia and Latin America, or the POD is in 1300 but the Russia-Kazakh border is still the same. The Polish Lithuania Commonwealth's eastern border is this map's equivalent of "that damned Kazakh border" trope. Poland's interwar eastern border closely resembled the second partition, but even that territory would only be stable with Ukrainian and Belarusian autonomy similar to OTL Scotland or Catalonia.

1945 proposals for border between Poland and RSFSR:

a3_16_.png

Are those proposals or the actual borders in February 1945, August 1945 and then in 1956? Because it sounds more like these were the actual provisional borders from February 1945 to August 1945 and then from August 1945 until January 1, 1956.

Edit: Ninja'd

But even so, if these were the actual borders then it would be very good for the historical QBAMs and larger sized BAMs.

ninel

Banned
Are those proposals or the actual borders in February 1945, August 1945 and then in 1956?
AFAIK, only proposals, and the first one supposedly dates to the Teheran Conference in 1943, that is 2 years earlier than the caption suggests. The second one was a rough draft, and only third one was actually established.

AFAIK, only proposals, and the first one supposedly dates to the Teheran Conference in 1943, that is 2 years earlier than the caption suggests. The second one was a rough draft, and only third one was actually established.
But what about those years then? Why are they mentioned here?