Request Maps/Flags Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would an ultra-Robespierre like Reign of Terror which is at the same time ultra-capitalist to the level of Objectivist bear as a flag? It is effectively "France in exile", but in (South) Vietnam and - as an independent state - in Cambodia.

• Uses the French Republican Calendar
  • is strictly Atheist
  • is ultra-capitalist, to the level of total Objectivism
  • but at the same time it is a totalitarian system, with one ruler.
  • maybe the best equivalent would be capitalist ultra-industrialist Pol Pot...
  • Private law is criminal law here, and not murder, but things like theft and fencing are the most severe crimes.
seems a bit contradictory. objectivism implies laissez-faire capitalism and private law implies an hands-off government whereas a country ruled by an autocrat would mean a fairly high level of control at all level of society to keep the ruler in power. I think what you might want instead is a de facto oligarchy in which the leaders of various groups present themselves as libertarians and claim that the current system allows freedom for all while at the same time, behind the scene, forming a cartel to impose their will on others. You could still retain the trapping of the french first republic and this image might even be used to justify certain actions (religious groups critical of the cartel being accused of "trying to curtail freedoom by imposing their religious views") but it would only be a cover for was is a totalitarian regime.

Can anyone find the name of the party whose logo is on the bottom of this chart? If know one knows, could they make a larger, higher resolution png version of the logo? Thanks in advance.

Nordic_Centre_Party_logos.png

seems a bit contradictory.

Somewhat. I thought of an ultra-centrist state, socially extremely rigidly controlled, but economically extremely "free" in that one can do anything to the workers etc.
Your idea is of course part of this. An autocrat/a few people present themselves as "protectors of Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité", but this is a cover for a totalitarian capitalist regime.

do you mean that the various parts of OTL Germany become equal members of the united kingdom or that germany is a separate country under common anglo-hannoverian king ?
I'm talking a timeline where:
1. king of Hanover and king of England are still same person.
2. Hanover, rather than Prussia unifies the German micro-states.
Essentially the King of England, and Kaiser of Germany are the same person, but Britain and Germany are separate countries with different constitutions. As far as symbolism goes, the idea of a German Imperial Eagle and a British Lion rampant on the same coat of arms is appealing to me. Don't ask why, it just is.

fdas

Banned
seems a bit contradictory. objectivism implies laissez-faire capitalism and private law implies an hands-off government whereas a country ruled by an autocrat would mean a fairly high level of control at all level of society to keep the ruler in power.

It could be a society where there is an autocrat that doesn't need high levels of control to stay in power. This doesn't exist in real life but we could have a hypothetical country where this is the case.

I'm talking a timeline where:
1. king of Hanover and king of England are still same person.
2. Hanover, rather than Prussia unifies the German micro-states.
Essentially the King of England, and Kaiser of Germany are the same person, but Britain and Germany are separate countries with different constitutions. As far as symbolism goes, the idea of a German Imperial Eagle and a British Lion rampant on the same coat of arms is appealing to me. Don't ask why, it just is.

well, OTL, the flag of the german empire was a combination of the colours of Prussia (black-white) and the Hanseatic cities (red-white). Hannover's colours before the separation of the crown (1837) was also red-white which would create a flag identical to Austria. To avoid this, you could instead have a white-red-white triband or a red-white-red-white-red 5 bands.

Another possibility would be to simply take the colours from the Hannover house COA (red-yellow-blue-white)

So, I'm contemplating making a Splinter Cell-ish YouTube series with some assets from SC: Blacklist. The primary thing is making a map like Blacklist's SMI map, as shown below from DeviantArt.
VXfyccf.jpg

My Map: https://i.imgur.com/J0W6xoe.png

1: Keep it in QBAM projection.
2: On the right side of the QBAM map is a whole key to identify countries so I want you to use that to label the countries.
3: Make it in four separate pieces that would be put together, each being 3840 × 2160.
4: Along with this green shown on the SMI map above, make some other colors if you want that go well with looking on a screen. Keep the colors fairly muted.
5: Remove the zoomed in portions of the map that show more detail on certain land masses. Those aren't essential for the iterated map.
6: Please make some smooth borders. I don't want to see choppy or big blurred pixels throughout the whole map, especially when parts of it would be zoomed in for a montage.

Your work will be credited in the videos and if you (as in whoever makes it) can do all of this, I will be very thankful.
I’ll look into this; although GIMP isn’t really suited for this kind of thing I might be able to make you something when I get back to my computer.

I’ll look into this; although GIMP isn’t really suited for this kind of thing I might be able to make you something when I get back to my computer.
I can do it. I wasn't going to, since I though they meant make the shown map into a Q-BAM, but I should be able to do what they want.

EDIT: I can do an M-BAM map too if you want a close-up thing.
EDIT: Actually, that may not work the way I'm resizing the original.

Are there any form of alliance organisations such as NATO or the Warsaw Pact?
Also, would you like the sea-zones to be included?

Last edited:
I can do it. I wasn't going to, since I though they meant make the shown map into a Q-BAM, but I should be able to do what they want.

EDIT: I can do an M-BAM map too if you want a close-up thing.
EDIT: Actually, that may not work the way I'm resizing the original.

Are there any form of alliance organisations such as NATO or the Warsaw Pact?
Also, would you like the sea-zones to be included?
If you are willing to make that alliance map, I have the alliance map of 2012 posted in the map thread. Go ahead with that. No water borders, just make it almost identical to the map to iterate with the different projection and the alliance map if you want. I don't necessarily want to do that, for the sake of keeping it authentic with Splinter Cell's map.

If you are willing to make that alliance map, I have the alliance map of 2012 posted in the map thread. Go ahead with that. No water borders, just make it almost identical to the map to iterate with the different projection and the alliance map if you want. I don't necessarily want to do that, for the sake of keeping it authentic with Splinter Cell's map.
My idea was to make different allilances different colours. For example, a cold war scenario would have NATO dull blues, and the WP dull red

My idea was to make different allilances different colours. For example, a cold war scenario would have NATO dull blues, and the WP dull red
Yeah, that'll be fine. Just have one copy with default colors and another with alliance colors. Take a look at my alliance map. Note: the brighter colors in that map are countries that are not members of that organization. An example for the CDTO's (the Russo-German-American faction) case is Kazakhstan. That is not a member but a client state. Another example is Madagascar for the Ethiopian Commonwealth.

Yeah, that'll be fine. Just have one copy with default colors and another with alliance colors. Take a look at my alliance map. Note: the brighter colors in that map are countries that are not members of that organization. An example for the CDTO's (the Russo-German-American faction) case is Kazakhstan. That is not a member but a client state. Another example is Madagascar for the Ethiopian Commonwealth.
So the lighter colours are client states of members, but not part of the alliance?

I'd like to request a flag to use in my FH setting, *Overheaven*. A black flag with a white human skull, and a white, S-shaped snake with the middle part of the animal slithering through one eye socket and out the other - head facing the right, tip of the tail facing the left. This is for a libertarian faction "governing" a lawless area of a drastically-deglaciated Antarctica, known as No-Man's-Land.

I'd like to request a flag to use in my FH setting, *Overheaven*. A black flag with a white human skull, and a white, S-shaped snake with the middle part of the animal slithering through one eye socket and out the other - head facing the right, tip of the tail facing the left. This is for a libertarian faction "governing" a lawless area of a drastically-deglaciated Antarctica, known as No-Man's-Land.
If it's facing right wouldn't only one eye be visible?

Status
Not open for further replies.