Graphic Thread

29-11-2018 CBC News

lherlrM.png

The headline isn't a reference to OTL at all. :winkytongue:

66l9k8I.png

Wondering if anyone could be of assitance here. Before I post this in my TL I wanted to check if this would work as a form of Government as I don't want to have overlooked or been ignorant on anyhing. Names are more for my purpose atm (E.G Parliment) as its the rough idea for how they work.

PM = Prime Minister. Head of Government, elected via leadership of winning party/coalition leader.
PD = President. Title is in reference to the old Title of the President of the Californian Committee, elected via majority of state senators.

68 = Number of State Senators. 2 Senators from 34 States (Including Capital District and 3 Metropolitan States)
650 = Members of Parliment. One from each constituancy across the country.

15 = Constitutional Judges, there to make sure everthing is done legally.

The 1980 President Campaign poster for Samuel Davis, of the Presidential Dynasty of Davis. He faced heavy competition from Alvin Long, son of the controversial wartime leader Huey Long. The 1980 presidential race would be considered quite chaotic, what with one candidate committing suicide after allegations of him have "Black Blood", and another challenging Davis, a former soldier, to a duel. A duel Davis won.
Surprisingly, Alvin Long would drop from the race, instead choosing to run as Davis' Vice President.
2d61a6a484bac9b032306d292eacd59e--sam-elliott-real-men.jpg

For those of you asking, Alvin Long's campaign motto was: "Make Every Man A King Again"

66l9k8I.png

Wondering if anyone could be of assitance here. Before I post this in my TL I wanted to check if this would work as a form of Government as I don't want to have overlooked or been ignorant on anyhing. Names are more for my purpose atm (E.G Parliment) as its the rough idea for how they work.

PM = Prime Minister. Head of Government, elected via leadership of winning party/coalition leader.
PD = President. Title is in reference to the old Title of the President of the Californian Committee, elected via majority of state senators.

68 = Number of State Senators. 2 Senators from 34 States (Including Capital District and 3 Metropolitan States)

What's the role of the senators and the president as your picture shows them like mps.

What's the role of the senators and the president as your picture shows them like mps.

It was a quick mock up to get it out my head. The idea was that the lower house (mp) deal with legislation and then the Senators vote in the upper house. With the Judges there to check and make sure things are not done illegally.

With the President as similar role of head of state there to Check the PMs power.

66l9k8I.png

So the PM is purely executive. He can't initiate laws?

Dorozhand

Banned
Here is the first official court portrait commissioned by the Zhāowǔ Emperor of Southern Zhōu in early 1680, after his rebel state had taken Hángzhōu, renamed it Sháodū and stabilized the borders of the new empire; two years before the Rénxū Peace solidified the independence of South Huáxià. Wú Sānguì chose to wear traditional Míng-era robes, while customarily wearing a large and colorful Miǎnguān crown. Two distinctive aspects of the Nán Zhōu imperial vestments were added by Emperor Tàizǔ; firstly the addition of a purple tassel to the crown, colored with an aniline dye synthesized by Lǚ Lěi, one of the Great Chemists of Fahtsàan and presented to the emperor as thanks for his patronage. It signified along with its red counterpart the duality of sunset and sunrise respectively, and the imperial rule over all that is between. Secondly, the tying of the two tassels into a knot in which is set the Tàiyángbǎo, a yellow sapphire gifted by tribute emissaries from the Kingdom of Jaffna which, when cut by the imperial jewelers, shone like the sun itself in the light. The stone would be famously lost during the Mậu Dần War, when the Xiǎnzhuō emperor, leading Zhōu-Mạc forces in tense manoeuvres at the Battle of Sông Mã, was captured and shot by guerrillas of the nationalist Vạn Xuân Society.

Zhaowu Emperor2.png

Last edited: