Build a world starting with tectonic plates—Oreios

Also, I found this tutorial which helps in everything from temperature to currents and climate. I might try to use it and make some more maps tomorrow, but if anyone wants to they can do so as well.

Thanks! That will be very useful. In the meantime, I'm finishing the elevation map of the world.

Worldbuilding II elevation map.png

I think we should really give it a name.

Basic Atmoshperic Features.png

These are some of the atmospheric features based on the tutorial. It includes basic winds, low pressure areas, ITCZ and polar fronts for January and July.

Rain Patterns January.png
Rain Patterns July.png

Rain patterns for January (left) and July (right). Whiter means larger likelihood of rain, transparent means almost none. This is one of the first steps from the guide, and tomorrow I will start working on temperature and climate! (unless someone else wants to continue from here)

And this one shows lines of latitude for when we start working on the climates. Purple lines from top to bottom are Arctic, Cancer, Equator, Capricorn, and Antarctic. Each pink line is another 15° away from the equator.
tectonic design map lines of latitude.png

View attachment 422914 View attachment 422915
Rain patterns for January (left) and July (right). Whiter means larger likelihood of rain, transparent means almost none. This is one of the first steps from the guide, and tomorrow I will start working on temperature and climate! (unless someone else wants to continue from here)

How does that affect things? Would the low precipitation region be desert? In that case, it would appear that there are little to no desert regions because those are all coastal regions. (I could be totally wrong though because I'm not an expert on any of this.)

MSpaint.

Also, the elevation map of the world, including the ocean trenches and the continental shelves. What I could help in at the stage after that is to review and finish the currents map and create a map of latitudes.
Youch, that has to be painful. If you want, I'd highly recommend downloading PDN (getpaint.net): if you need help if you get it, feel free to dm me for help!

Also maybe consider how the mountains would affect precipitation to the east. There would be a massive rain shadow effect, so I can actually see a large desert forming on the eastern part of the continent. Perhaps a sort of mesa desert closer to the mountains that becomes a tradition flatter desert in the east that eventually develops a more humid tropical-mediterranean or savannah climate on the coast.

EDIT: It would actually be to the west, not the east because in the tropics weather moves east to west.

Here it is, this is the latest (and hopefully the last seeing as I probably forgot something in the meantime) version of the elevations' map:

Worldbuilding II elevation map.png