Build a world starting with tectonic plates—Oreios

Want me to work on topography some more or?

Why don't you finish the islands south and the small continent north of the central one? After all, I think Thanosaekk is working on the central continent.

@Thanosaekk ?

In the meantime, since we have the coastlines mostly done, I can work on the ocean currents. I'll do the planet as rotating in the same direction as Earth and in the same relative to its parent star so as not to complicate ourselves further.

Why don't you finish the islands south and the small continent north of the central one? After all, I think Thanosaekk is working on the central continent.
Sounds like a plan!

In the meantime, since we have the coastlines mostly done, I can work on the ocean currents. I'll do the planet as rotating in the same direction as Earth and in the same relative to its parent star so as not to complicate ourselves further.
Sounds like a plan, again. I know nothing about currents, so good luck!!

Progress (will update this post over time):
upload_2018-11-24_15-4-40.png

DONE

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-24_14-38-18.png
    upload_2018-11-24_14-38-18.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 128
  • upload_2018-11-24_14-56-54.png
    upload_2018-11-24_14-56-54.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
So, here is the finished current map.

Blue: Cold currents.
Red: Warm currents.
Brown: Neutral currents.

Orange: Humid zones.

Light blue: Ocean zones where is more likely to find great coral reefs.

Worldbuilding II ocean currents.png

@Thanosaekk , do you plan on completing the elevation map soon? I'm just wondering if you would like any help with that.
Sorry for the delay, it happened because I decided to work on the other areas before the rest of the central continent, but you were actually working on that already so my work was kinda useless in the end. Anyway, I will finish it today.

How warm/cold is the planet? Ljkely warm from the lack of polar land for an ice cap to grow on.

I was thinking the same thing. I tend to imagine this world having a lot of rainforests, jungles, savannahs and a few deserts while lacking much of the steppe climates and fewer temperate climates that Earth has. More biodiversity in general, less biomes but each much more diverse. Am I correct in my assessment, @Imperator Frank ?

I was thinking the same thing. I tend to imagine this world having a lot of rainforests, jungles, savannahs and a few deserts while lacking much of the steppe climates and fewer temperate climates that Earth has. More biodiversity in general, less biomes but each much more diverse. Am I correct in my assessment, @Imperator Frank ?
Climate isnt my strongest subject but i believe you are corrct.