The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

Patched the Baltic coastline from the Danish border to the Finnish border. I'll be moving on to Finland itself in the next couple days. Can't wait to fix Åland, honestly.

View attachment 415483

I know my patches screw with the existing political borders you guys have worked so hard on. All I can say is I try to make my patches as geographically accurate as possible!
Well, I'll redo the Baltic plus surrounding areas...

Version b1 of qbam river map for history use. (I reset the version number because I abandoned many previous river lines and draw it afresh according to new resource.) Most rivers copyed from here: https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/30479.
Finally get Tarim river right, and put Lob Nor on the map.
add some national borders on water, some are disputable.
qbam river map version B1 updated 2018-11-6.png

Lakes have been corrected: Xingkai Lake, Hulun Lake, "twin-lakes" in Qinghai province, Qinghai Lake, and some lakes in Tibet I did'nt remeber its English spell.
Lakes that need futher updating: Dong Ting Lake, Poyang Lake, Nansi Lake, Hongze Lake, Chao Lake, some other lakes in Tibet

Patched the Baltic coastline from the Danish border to the Finnish border. I'll be moving on to Finland itself in the next couple days. Can't wait to fix Åland, honestly.

View attachment 415483

I know my patches screw with the existing political borders you guys have worked so hard on. All I can say is I try to make my patches as geographically accurate as possible!

Great work but i have to say in Denmark, Falster island under Zealand looks a little wrong.

Hate to say it, but you're using the outdated base map
Not my fault, I just can't get a current version blank map without minor lakes, reservoirs and ponds to be used as base map.
I know the earlier version I picked up is a little outdated, but it's recent enough to be used as background, since the coastlines and most national borders agreed well with NASA Robinson projection map, and I have copied major lakes I did't revise or delete from current version. So using outdated base map don't matter much. And I have made sure river line on my map in the same color, you can extract it and place it on a different base map if you don't like the one I used, and copy the Chinese lakes too, and regard the coastlines and national borders as only refrence.

I just can't get a current version blank map without minor lakes, reservoirs and ponds to be used as base map.
Tbh I don't get this part. Small lakes and reservoirs can be used as a reference to place rivers as many are related to them. In case they seem to be wrong they can be moved slightly or have their shape changed.

What's the best QBAM with at least first-level provincial divisions and accurate rivers? (As many rivers as the basic WorldA with rivers, at least).

Say, the divisions here

2018Basemap.png

Plus the rivers here

world_map_blank_with_rivers_rv1.png

Only QBAM size? (Colors unnecessary)

I mean, I've found a couple QBAMs with rivers and provincial divisions, but they don't match up properly at all.
None are quite done yet. QBAM's still a WIP, at least it's being revamped. River QBAM hasn't been touched since the coastlines have been updated.