WIP Map Thread

Republic of New England constituencies.png

KapiTod

Banned
I should just call this "Maps I Started on a Whim and Probably Won't Finish".

An idea I had to take the fantasy trope of "It's different historical periods just mashed together" and take the piss out of it.

throwtogetherfantasymap.png

It isn't meant to make sense- it was also gonna feature a *Roman Empire which in some HRE like fashion was just a conglomeration of *Italian city-states. The island chains to the west for example would range from *Inuit, *Vikings, *Gaels, *Britons, *Saxons, *Normans, *Arabs, and just some Pirates of the Caribbean style ne'er-do-wells. There'd also be *Turks in that lumpy peninsula, *Mongols to the north, and "The Mummy" style *Egyptians and shit.

Next is a rehash of that TL 15 trend from a few years, which was your ideal political world but the POD is when you were born and not a day before.

TL15mini.png

Bit hard to change a lot from January 1994, so this world in 2018 was going to be more like a TL 14 1/2, it's going to be perfect but it still needs a lot of work. In this case the EZLN in Chiapas strike even harder and cause enough of a panic in Mexico and the Washington that the US military is temporarily distracted in the Balkans and bungle a few things. The anti-globalisation of the 90's is more popular and lasts longer, and also leads to something like 2018 political trends by the mid-2000's. In the map Eastern Europe never bothers to join the EEC or NATO, conservatives and nationalists portraying Western Europe as the same master as the USSR, just with a kid glove rather than a mailed fist.

Then there was this half-hearted attempt at a rough Irish alternate history, mostly revolving around no Brian Ború "uniting" Ireland.

irishkingdomfirstmini.png

This one would have been set around 1100 or so, the Norse have a bit more of a cultural legacy on Ireland, particularly among the islands elites as the leaders of the Norse cities and the Isles marry into their families. In this case the Kingdom of the Isles has fallen under the control of an O'Neill, the High Kings of Ireland, which would prompt the current boss having himself anointed "King of Ireland and the Gaels". It was going to be a of a series detailing interactions with Scotland, England, and the Britons as well as the kingdoms consolidation and reforms, internal unrest, and maybe even things like colonial expansion.

AgarBoy1

Banned
Colonization of Atlantis after the London Atlantis Colonization Accords (LACA). Britain, France, Germany and the USA were the biggest winners, but the Dutch, Swedish, Italians, Portuguese, Spanish, Brazilians, Mexicans, Belgians, Russians, Danes, Norwegians and Greeks all got a small slice of the 'new' continent as well (though the Mexican and Belgian holdings were disputed by the Americans for years). Within two generations, the local Atlantean peoples would see much of their culture subverted and oppressed by the colonizers. After the Great War of the 1920's/1930's, colonization efforts globally slowed down and by the 1960's much of the new continent would be free in four independent states - Dominion of Detwas, Republic of Haustra, Republic of Lukdrau and the People's Democratic Union of Ahkvet.
Basemap? :)

Another update to the '16 Kentuckys' map I uploaded a while ago. I lost interest in the idea for a while, but I've seen a revival of these types of maps, so I figured I may as well finish this.

N8L4vyZ.png

I am struggling a bit though; it's been a while since I worked on the maps, and I actually can't find the font I used for the other maps. Can anyone tell what font I used? Though depending on what I think, I may change it to 12, as I'm running out of ideas; I originally had a Kentucky occupied by Imperial Japan of all things, but I decided to scrap it due to being just a bit out there.

Another update to the '16 Kentuckys' map I uploaded a while ago. I lost interest in the idea for a while, but I've seen a revival of these types of maps, so I figured I may as well finish this.

N8L4vyZ.png

I am struggling a bit though; it's been a while since I worked on the maps, and I actually can't find the font I used for the other maps. Can anyone tell what font I used? Though depending on what I think, I may change it to 12, as I'm running out of ideas; I originally had a Kentucky occupied by Imperial Japan of all things, but I decided to scrap it due to being just a bit out there.
Maybe some kind of Swedish Kentucky?

N8L4vyZ.png

Maybe some kind of Swedish Kentucky?

Maybe a Appalachian State/nation of Kentucky, East Tennessee, WV, and West North Carolina?

A part of a sort of neutral state between the USA and CSA? (Think a successful Stalin Note, but TL-191 style.)

Post WW3.

Isaac Beach

Banned
The planet Nazar, as it is known by its Human inhabitants, named after the Middle Eastern* term for the like-charm that is meant to ward off the curse of the Evil Eye. It is a tidally locked planet, and here the projection is centered on the day pole. Despite being tidally locked, Nazar is actually a very populated, bustling planet with some 3.5 billion people belonging to every major sapient species in the Stellar Shura (the bubble of Human-dominated space) and a couple from beyond its frontiers.
Were the day pole centered on a continent the planet would be exceptionally dry and hot and would only leave a slim ring of habitable land at the vertical equator between the planet's two sides; instead there is a permanently stormy, but stable tempest at the day point which in turn creates a habitable climate on the sun-facing side of the planet. It is a wet, cloudy, humid world on this face, but this has proven to be more an advantage than a flaw; Hawaiian shirts abound.

I'm a bit iffy about the tectonics and landmasses, but they work. I didn't want to contrive all the habitable land surrounding that central point but the top left sure does look empty. Advice is welcome, and questions.

*I'd usually be more specific but this specific word is used across the entire Middle East in Turkish, Arabic, Persian and Urdu scripts, among others, which surprised me.

Nazar - Copy.png

Last edited: