Banned
Alrighty then. Here is Carigula:
tothy7vx.png

Here is Mariola:
tothy7vx.png

Here is Arduello:
tothy7vx.png

Who wants more?
The one that took me the longest was Carigula, and it only took like, 7 and a half minutes.

Last edited:
I'll make more tomorrow. Posting limit is 3 a day right? I'm kinda new here so...
Pretty much, though there's often varying levels of enforcement, to my knowledge. Like, there's a difference between posting a detailed multi-paragraph writing with four or five pictures than just spamming ten pictures.

Isaac Beach

Banned
Hey y'all, could I possibly have some help with this planet's biomes (and plate tectonics, if it's not too much difficulty)?

So it's tidally locked to its star, but the substellar point is in the ocean so it's formed a raging, warm tempest at its center rather than drying it out to inhospitable levels, which has allowed a stable climate to form beneath the thick cloud layer that circulates from this point. As such, any climate is going to be 'radial', with the very center of the main tempest (The fullest extent of the main tempest is delineated by the blue circle; the red dot is the center) acting as the planet's equator and the climates diverging from there.
This leaves me with two primary problems: I made this map without thinking of tectonics, so I sort of have to retroactively assign them and so I'm unsure where mountains should be. And the central tempest is likely to befuddle the climates somewhat.

Advice? Assistance? I've had a go of it and I'll post that below this image, albeit in a spoiler tag.

Nazar - Copy - Copy.png

Nazar - Copy.png

Hey y'all, could I possibly have some help with this planet's biomes (and plate tectonics, if it's not too much difficulty)?

So it's tidally locked to its star, but the substellar point is in the ocean so it's formed a raging, warm tempest at its center rather than drying it out to inhospitable levels, which has allowed a stable climate to form beneath the thick cloud layer that circulates from this point. As such, any climate is going to be 'radial', with the very center of the main tempest (The fullest extent of the main tempest is delineated by the blue circle; the red dot is the center) acting as the planet's equator and the climates diverging from there.
This leaves me with two primary problems: I made this map without thinking of tectonics, so I sort of have to retroactively assign them and so I'm unsure where mountains should be. And the central tempest is likely to befuddle the climates somewhat.

Advice? Assistance? I've had a go of it and I'll post that below this image, albeit in a spoiler tag.

View attachment 422866

I feel like it would make sense for the climates to get progressively warmer as you get to the center, with the areas on the edge of the ice fields largely being polar and or alpine tundra.

As I understand it, with a large ocean like that, the ice cap would be MUCH smaller. Meaning most of the night side would be star lit oceans, rather than pack ice.

Oceans and atmospheres are good at spreading heat around.

fasquardon

After a lot of work, I have the closest thing we can have so far to a QBAM solar system excluding tiny, distant or completely uninhabitable objects.
All credit goes to various creators on this thread
Bottom row from left to right shows Mecruty, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto. Those aren't exact QBAM-sized but they're close enough
DBBHxsa.png

Isaac Beach

Banned
Working on another planet, though I'm debating a lot of things about it.
1. The name, all of which is some translation of the word 'white': could call it Bianco, from Italian. Jeman, from Bambara. Dkarpo, from Tibetan. Ağ, from Azerbaijani. Or Tetri, from Georgian.
2. Whether it will be a part of an FTL or STL universe. I'm leaning towards the latter, however.
3. Whether there will be a species of nomadic herder aliens, or just Humans.

Also, do the mountains (Darker brown squiggles) work? Do they look relatively realistic?

Planet.png

Milankovitch cycles are a collective term for the cyclical variations in Earth's eccentricity (orbital shape), obliquity (axial tilt) and precession (direction of Earth's axis of rotation relative to a fixed star) proposed by Milutin Milankovitch, the Serbian astronomer and mathematician. The Earth's orbital relations to the sun, the moon and the two gas giants are said to play a part in the Milankovitch cycles. Here is Earth's Milankovitch cycle:

• An eccentricity varying anywhere between 0.000055 and 0.0679 (0 being a circular orbit)

• An obliquity varying anywhere between 22.1 and 24.5 degrees over a 41,00-year cycle

• A precession in which Polaris will be the North Star for a total of 26,000 years

Now here is the Milankovitch cycle of an alternate Earth that I've been working on:

• An eccentricity varying anywhere between 0.0008 and 0.09

• An obliquity varying anywhere between 21.6 and 25.6° over a 61,500-year cycle

• A precession in which Polaris will be the North Star for a total of 46,800 years

In this alternate Earth, which is the same size (7,917.5 miles wide) and same distance from the sun as back home (93 million miles) the moon is also the same size (2,159 miles wide) and orbits the planet from the same distance (238,900 miles), so these couldn't explain the different Milankovitch cycles. What else in the solar system would make those changes?