An Examination of Extra-Universal Systems of Government

Status
Not open for further replies.
A multi-ethnostate that is nationalist while claiming to be globalist...I'm honestly resisting the urge to reference current covfefe politics regarding the globalist thing right now.

A multi-ethnostate that is nationalist while claiming to be globalist...I'm honestly resisting the urge to reference current covfefe politics regarding the globalist thing right now.

You have allowed this Ministry to twist your mind until now...now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy.

While reading it I assumed that it had already achieved world conquest. Then I noticed the map, and the irony of the piece became obvious.

Tutmonda Komunumo de Morgaŭ

This seems like the "opposite, yet equal" counterpart to the American Union.

On that note, I'd love to see what Mr Guillaume and Mr Park would think of each other's countries (translation: I'd like to get them in a room together and record the ensuing screaming match...)

xsampa

Banned

On that note, I'd love to see what Mr Guillaume and Mr Park would think of each other's countries (translation: I'd like to get them in a room together and record the ensuing screaming match...)

Actually, the opposite would be the Kommander of postNazi Ukraine, because the Nazis conquered half the world in that scenario before getting nuked by Japan.

xsampa

Banned
What happened to China in the American Union scenario? Given that France still has Indochina, China is probably partitioned between Europe and Japan.

Has anyone proposed anything similar to the Judge system in Judge Dredd? Namely the Judicial branch being the most powerful, or often only, aspect of government and what little is not under their control being powerless and focused on keeping the lights running

I’d love to be a fly on the wall in a Nutshell political forum. I suppose it wouldn’t be too different from highly contentious OTL international politics (take your pick), so a lot of obviously faked kindness and respect, veiled insults, reading between the lines, etc. It’s also much easier to practice a philosophy of agree to disagree when the two parties are several universes apart.

@rvbomally, great work! I'm going to go out on a limb though and say that it's actually one of the least sinister of all the worlds of yours that I've come across, even one of the least sinister of this entire collection. This isn't just because normally you're a crapsack artist par excellence, but because the official depicted actually seemed to question his beliefs when a difficult question was raised, an ability notably lacking in the minders of other governments throughout this series, who mostly just double down. Either way, lovely work.

I had an idea:

An alternate US in which after each election, both candidates become Presidents, just that each candidate governs only the states that he or she won and the other has no jurisdiction over them.

I had an idea:

An alternate US in which after each election, both candidates become Presidents, just that each candidate governs only the states that he or she won and the other has no jurisdiction over them.
Somehow I'm reminded of the time when during the 2016 election, I thought both candidates would lose, somehow: I know that's not realistic but that's what I had in mind when the whole election became a circus just before the results.

Speaking of results I just had this idea of a very pacifistic nation and a very war-crazed one; one is more akin to OTL's post-WWII Japan but on um...dope (highly reliant on pacifism to the point of having a small semblance of a militia that can't even stop a riot) and the other is well Nazi Germany and North Korea in regards to viewing war (war is the only policy to take even if nukes are involved).

Status
Not open for further replies.