Thousand-Week Reich - A 'realistic' Nazi victory scenario

It would also be cool to get an overseas Free French Republic led by De Gaulle, maybe in Algeria?

Can we also get a detailed map of Greater South Africa?

Thanks again, guys.

Algeria just seems too close to the Nazi world to avoid them, one of the best reason West and Equatorial Africa would work is because of both their distance from the fascists and the fact they have the world largest desert between them. Launching an invasion from Libya to Algeria would be easy, launching an invasion from Libya to Gabon would be a nightmare.

Vietnam Article
9zue30ic66t11.png

Hi. Here's TWR again! This time for something different, TWR in the modern day! It's fairly self-explanatory if you read the article, so there it is.

Thousand Week Reich - List of States with nuclear weapons (Non Canon)

WJAdiIL.png

There are fifteen sovereign states that have successfully developed and detonated nuclear weapons.[1] Five are considered to be nuclear-weapon states (NWS) under the terms of the Toronto Accords, the founding text of the Atlantic Union, In order of acquisition of nuclear weapons these are: the United States, United Kingdon, Sweden and Finland, Iran, and Switzerland. The Atlantic Union officially denies and condemn possession of Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) by other powers.

Since the foundation of the Atlantic Union in 1947, ten states that were not parties to the Accord have conducted nuclear tests, namely Nazi Germany, China, France, Italy, the Soviet Union, the Indian Republic, Korea, Zapadoslavia, Gotenland and Vietnam.

States that formerly possessed nuclear weapons are Nazi Germany (developed nuclear weapons but had its nuclear arsenal requistioned following the American-Commonwealth invasion of Europe in 1959) as well as two of its breakaway states during the German Civil War, the SS Ordenstaat and the Wehrstaat.

Under Atlantic Union nuclear weapons sharing, the deployment and use of nuclear weapons of the member states is decided by the common leadership of the Union. Similarly, Bulgaria, Oran and the Kingdom of Greece host Italian Nuclear Weapons under the Mediterranean Pact [2].

Brazil and Japan are widely believed to have a high level of nuclear latency, as they both have the materials, expertise and technical capacity to make a nuclear bomb at will [3].

Numerous state have or are currently pursuing nuclear weapons research, including Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Saadehist Syria, South Africa, Portugal, the Netherlands-in-Exile (includingthe Dutch controlled segregationist West Papua), Turkey, Israel, Pakistan, the Tamil Republic and East Bengal [4][5][6].

Among these, only South Africa managed to get close to a working nuclear weapon, as declassified Bureau of State Security documents indicate that the nuclear program was less than a year away from completion when the National Party-led government was overthrown in 1978.

This piece of lore does not belong to the "official" canon but is rather based on my own idea of how its universe could evolve.

Love nuclear Switzerland!
Though I cant really imagine them nuking the Ticino when you have so much more of the Romandy to target :p

uwCAkL1.png

Hey guys! At the insistence of KutKu and AP246 (Prox) I've finally posted my TWR map that I made over a month ago. I'm slowly working on another map as we speak.

That’s awesome.

Extremely minor nitpick:

Shouldn’t it be Xibei San Ma?

It was changed for the hoi4 mod since, I think, San is a number, and since another warlord was added, the number went up by one... sorry I'm not sure to be honest, I don't know much about the naming of Chinese warlords.

However, since then the existence of such a warlord state has been retconned from the mod, and it's simply part of the Republic of China in 1952.

It was changed for the hoi4 mod since, I think, San is a number, and since another warlord was added, the number went up by one... sorry I'm not sure to be honest, I don't know much about the naming of Chinese warlords.

However, since then the existence of such a warlord state has been retconned from the mod, and it's simply part of the Republic of China in 1952.
The name means “Three Ma of the Northwest”. Since they took over Sinkiang it would apparently now be Four Ma of the Northwest.

Yeah, I can see that, although OTL the Ma cooperated very closely with the central government, so it might make sense for them to still exist as a puppet.

EDIT: Did they also get Shaanxi? So it would be Five Ma.

I would be interested in seeing an ethnic map.

Frankly... Not *that* different from IRL. It’s not going to be the absurd colonisation of Europe in the new order (another hoi4 mod) still a few points:

- Northern Libya would have a decent Italian population, a minority ofc globally, but in tripoli and other large cities could reach half of the population, especially if the economic conditions worsen and Italians decide to go there.
The same, to a slightly lower extent about Erytea

-Nearly no Serbs anymore in Croatia.. A good third could be killed, the rest would flee to Serbia once it becomes independant...

-Israel(-palestine) would be slightly less Jewish, but a lot of the immigration already happened before Ww2, and all the middle eastern Jews will still go there

-Finland just doubled its territory, and got half a million Estonian, they will try to settle Karelia as much as possible, and they won’t care much about the Russians already living there, if someone is a bit too opposed to the colonisation the Finnish army won’t have much qualms sending them to the Reichskommissariats.

-Post nazism Europe will likely be tenser, with less immigration, and many people from former colonies wouldn’t want to emigrate to Europe, so expect it to be quite more white and less mixed.

-With Generalplan Ost ongoing, and with the German civil war later, the former territories of the USSR Will have a lot of population exchange, you can get a glimpse in my ostland map( on my deviantart it in this thread), and it’s supposed to be one of the less hellish RK, everyone with a single neuron will try to leave RK Kaukasus, they will cross the caucasus, and many more will try to go east and cross the A-A line, expect more Ukrainians (and poles and balts and the few remaining Belarussians) in Siberia.

-French speakers in former Belgian/Romand/Eastern French land will have a lot of pressure to leave, and won’t be able to come back.

-To finish, about German colonisation of occupied Europe, from some quick estimate, I based myself On two colonisation of war torn land in modern times: the Portuguese colonisation of Africa after ww2 and the Israeli one of the Palestinian Territories. The Germans ITTL had about 10 years to colonise before the civil war. So i’M comparing it with the best 10 years of colonisation of each countries, Portugal in the 60s sent about 400,000 people (few contradicting data, may include newborn there, but always above 300k) to Angola and Mozambique, out of a population of 8.5 million. Israel in the 80s/90s sent 180k/200k people in the west banks and East Jerusalem mostly, with a base Jewish population of 3.2/3.9 million respectively. Now they were pretty different, Israel’s is much more ideologically driven and focused on closed, protected communities, which may apply more to the nazi’s settlement . At the same time the portuguese’s was much further (and may apply more to Germans going from Germany to Russian land). The Israeli settlement may also apply more since often Israeli who would live comfortably in Israel decide to go there mainly from an ideological reason (although they are heavily subsidised), this may apply to Germans who could stay in Germany but decide to go eastward. On the other hand just like many Portuguese went to Angola purely to live a better life - after all Portugal was really rural and backward, while Luanda was by most standard a good western city. This may apply to some Germans once the economy worsen around 1950.

Now if you consider a base German population of 70 million at the end of the war, add 5 millions for the standard growth rate over the previous two decades, maybe double that to take into account a post war baby boom helped by conservative, nataliste policies, and throw austria into the mix and you’vr Got 85-90 millions Germans. ( Swiss don’t count as they likely wouldn’t fall as easily to the nazi propaganda)

So using the same ratio as Portugal(4%) and Israel (5%), over a decade, you can expect about 4 million people to settle the new land, I can see it first being focused on lost territories of WW1, settle entirely Silesia, the polish corridor, then create German majority neighbourhood in cities along the Baltic coasts, and the large former soviet/polish cities, but I expect plantation to be rather hard to sell to the German population ... they would be rather inneficient, being worked by slaves. I could see some conservative veterans choose this life. If feel like contrary to the nazi’s expectation and wishes people would rather want to Emigrate to nice protected cities where they can have all the confort of the modern German life rather than a huge plantation in the middle of war torn ukraine

Belgium/Netherlands/Switzerland/E.France would be more attractive purely because they are wealthier and have industries so i guess they will have some settlements.

In the end the few places where the Germans become the majority will be more because of Generalplan Ost and population migration than just the number of German migrants.

(Sorry for the mistakes and poor formatting, it was sent on a phone with shitty autocorrect)

Last edited: