Graphic Thread

unknown.png

It would be like fun-bad with a cult audience of people who grew up with it, rather than just unmitigated, unwatchable bollocks. But I might think on that, with a different history of film from the 90's on in general and vidya game (I don't game at all, so I'd need to do a bit of research there...) film in particular. Of course, the elephant in the room is always that most games either don't lend themselves to film because they're too complex, or they lend themselves to films that already exist (Punch Out! would just be a generic boxing movie, GTA would just be a generic mob movie, CoD would just be a generic WWII movie, I need not go any further). Trends vs. Butterflies.

Well, it would be early '90s Don Bluth as opposed to '80s Don Bluth, so it'd probably be closer to trash like Rock-a-Doodle or A Troll in Central Park than watchable like All Dogs go to Heaven or An American Tail.

I want to know which voice Dom DeLuise would do, though.

Hapsburg

Banned
Made using parts created by DaltTT and others.

An elf-at-arms of the Eldunari League, c. 837.
The western coastal region and the Dorei estuary are dominated by the sun elves, a group of high elven peoples whose culture is known for its propensity for commerce and urbanization, and formed the nucleus of the Old Empire. The sun elves came to prefer mixed governments of aristocratic republics. After the fall of the Empire, an alliance of elven city-state organized themselves as a confederation with a joint treasury and army to defend their common interests and fend off attacks by the Orcish Khaganate. The Army of the League retained a great deal of old Imperial military traditions and methods, including close-formation infantry tactics and an intertwining of the military and political elite. Large infantry legions were supported by light and heavy cavalry, with an officer corps of heavy infantry.
Over time, the lesser nobility were granted large estates in the frontiers, and absorbed some of the knightly traditions of their neighboring human feudal kingdoms. The high cost of maintaining a large army led to the League offsetting much of that load onto the frontier nobility, who were now expected to support border troops out of their own pocket. A core professional army was reduced in size, dominated by heavily armed and armored infantrymen, the equivalent to the human man-at-arms. This army made up for its size with rigorous discipline and organization, as well as dedicated supply and engineering arms. This allowed the highly-motivated, professional army to operate for longer, and engage in long sieges deep within enemy territory. These skills would come into use when the Orcs invaded in 832, and Eldunari was the only country able to execute a counterattack. Their success became a rallying cry for the West.

This soldier is dressed in a mail shirt with a lamellar coat, armed with a short sword. In battle, he'd likely be wearing a flat-topped nasal helm, and might also be using a short spear.
Elven Man at Arms.png

Last edited:
Made using parts created by DaltTT and others.

An elf-at-arms of the Eldunari League, c. 837.
The western coastal region and the Dorei estuary are dominated by the sun elves, a group of high elven peoples whose culture is known for its propensity for commerce and urbanization, and formed the nucleus of the Old Empire. The sun elves came to prefer mixed governments of aristocratic republics. After the fall of the Empire, an alliance of elven city-state organized themselves as a confederation with a joint treasury and army to defend their common interests and fend off attacks by the Orcish Khaganate. The Army of the League retained a great deal of old Imperial military traditions and methods, including close-formation infantry tactics and an intertwining of the military and political elite. Large infantry legions were supported by light and heavy cavalry, with an officer corps of heavy infantry.
Over time, the lesser nobility were granted large estates in the frontiers, and absorbed some of the knightly traditions of their neighboring human feudal kingdoms. The high cost of maintaining a large army led to the League offsetting much of that load onto the frontier nobility, who were now expected to support border troops out of their own pocket. A core professional army was reduced in size, dominated by heavily armed and armored infantrymen, the equivalent to the human man-at-arms. This army made up for its size with rigorous discipline and organization, as well as dedicated supply and engineering arms. This allowed the highly-motivated, professional army to operate for longer, and engage in long sieges deep within enemy territory. These skills would come into use when the Orcs invaded in 832, and Eldunari was the only country able to execute a counterattack. Their success became a rallying cry for the West.

This soldier is dressed in a mail shirt with a lamellar coat, armed with a short sword. In battle, he'd likely be wearing a flat-topped nasal helm, and might also be using a short spear.
View attachment 419717
What kind of program you run to drow that?

Hapsburg

Banned
Oh, do you draw at free hand?? Wonderful!
I mean, kinda. I rely heavily on templates and mannequins, such as you can find on the Pixel-Art devianart group page (of which I am a minor contributor) or shipbucket or things like that. Or otherwise tracing over drawn reference images. Now, in the case of the latter, most of the time it's stuff I've drawn on paper and then scanned.

Keep in mind, I don't have a drawing tablet, and honestly I can't use them for shit.

Hapsburg

Banned
I guarantee you, you can, it just takes practice. A lot of the small details are based on pre-existing things that I'm just half-decent at cobbling together.