AHC: 1527 - Save Rome

Today's challenge is preventing the Imperial Sack of Rome. How? You choose (But try to use post 1520 PoD(s), please.).

Edit:
My fault, I meant after 1525.

Last edited:
The pope does anything to please Charles V. Or someone else needs to threaten Italy that keeps Charles V attention of Rome.

It’s probably ASB but off the top of my head-
what if Henry VIII had agreed to send troops
to protect the Pope in exchange for which(of
course)the divorce from Katherine is app-
roved?

It’s probably ASB but off the top of my head-
what if Henry VIII had agreed to send troops
to protect the Pope in exchange for which(of
course)the divorce from Katherine is app-
roved?
Would attacking France be more effective? This would force Charles to redirect any armies to defend his lands instead of sending them far south into Italy.

Would attacking France be more effective? This would force Charles to redirect any armies to defend his lands instead of sending them far south into Italy.

Rocky, it’s certainly a course of action that
would have been quite attractive to Henry
(who of course did not like France, fought
her on several occasions, & really seems
to, @ times, dreamed of re-starting the
HYW). OTH, directly helping the Pope out
might have been the only way(other of
course than the one he did take IOTL)that
he could have gotten Ann.

Charles V wins some battles earlier against the French, ransoms off some prisoners, and actually pays his mercenaries. Apparently these guys were owed three years of backpay when they sacked Rome. I wonder what these guys were eating if they weren't getting paid.

Charles V wins some battles earlier against the French, ransoms off some prisoners, and actually pays his mercenaries. Apparently these guys were owed three years of backpay when they sacked Rome. I wonder what these guys were eating if they weren't getting paid.
The mercenaries weren’t living off the land. And by living I mean pillaging every thing