The Yankee Dominion: A Map and World Building Project

ST15RM

Banned
Ou4FyCv.png

NATIONAL PARKS OF THE FAR NORTH
These national parks are remote outposts of the system, vast, untamed barren lands filled with wildlife, as is the case with most of the arctic lands.
  1. Quttinirpaaq National Park
  2. Sirmilik National Park
  3. Qausuittuq National Park
  4. Auyuittuq National Park
  5. Ukkusiksalik National Park
  6. Torngat Mtns National Park
  7. Wapusk National Park
  8. Wood Buffalo National Park
  9. Tuktut Nogait National Park
  10. Nahanni National Park
  11. Nááts'ihch'oh National Park
  • A couple of national parks have different borders:
  • Tuktut Nogait has a little bit more land in the eastern edge of the park
  • Nahanni and Nááts'ihch'oh both encompass more land in the western mtns.
  • I included Labrador most because the culture and geography there makes it an outlier in NE.
  • If there are any areas/regions that should be parks, please reply and I'll add them to the map.

Last edited:

ST15RM

Banned
upload_2018-11-13_21-49-55.png

since she is winning by 2/3 at this point, I declare that KANAN IS THE WINNER! OF THE FLAG CONTEST!

So, in celebration here's proud Massachusetts-ball from TTL, looking towards the future, where brilliant minds graduate from university every year. Oh, and Cape Cod and Labstah.
Hopefully more Polandballs will come soon for the American provinces.

Probably english and French, perhaps Spanish, since these are the three most widely spoken languages in America. @Oryxslayer comment on this?

Yes, English and French are the only two national languages. State by state though Spanish, German, Welsh, Gaelic, Various Native Dialects, Chinese, and Korean are all official in varying localities. This also varies from Oregon almost entirely using Welsh, to German just being a second tongue required on roadsigns and in schools.

I thought up this idea when I was theorizing how an election night nationally would work a while back. There is ABC-English ABC-Francais, and then regional stations who provide things like ABC-Espanol and ABC-Deustch.

Last edited:

ST15RM

Banned
So some flag ideas (hopefully they're less bland)
upload_2018-11-14_14-7-1.png

For Ungava, we can use a proposed flag of Nunavik (that looks really nice)

upload_2018-11-14_14-9-23.png

For Keewatin, We can use this alternate Nunavut flag, with Yellow changed to blue to represent the Sea.

upload_2018-11-14_14-38-51.png

For Athabasca, we can use a flag that's similar (but not so much that we get sued!) to Athabasca Uni's flag. The CoA is from deviant user CatCA's Athabasca flag.

upload_2018-11-14_14-48-31.png

I created an original flag for MacKenzie. The green is the forest and prairie, the blue is the bodies of water, specifically the MacKenzie River, and the white represents the sky and the ice.
upload_2018-11-14_17-29-17.png

And finally, Adams, also an original design. The grey thing in the middle is another inukshuk, the blue represents the sea, and the white represents the sky.

Thoughts? Opinions? @Zyxoriv?

Last edited:
What is the state of UK politics ITTL? Has anything been established yet, because I think there should be a moderate party similar to what we have going with the Progressives in the US, led by Zac Goldsmith - ideally the party would ideally have a regionalist, environmentalist and localist platform and basically the Goldsmiths have a monopoly on the party's leadership and direction, shifting to a more eurosceptic position under James Goldsmith maybe and Zac leading it back to how Ed Goldsmith had intended the party to be (but with a more classical liberal basis - the premise being that environmentalism, localism and regionalism are the main things the current ideology of the party shares with the Ed era.) Maybe the party is started earlier under Frank Goldsmith and he is the reason that Zac Goldsmith brings the party back to classical liberalism and some degree of conservatism.

So some flag ideas (hopefully they're less bland)
View attachment 420614
For Ungava, we can use a proposed flag of Nunavik (that looks really nice)

View attachment 420615
For Keewatin, We can use this alternate Nunavut flag, with Yellow changed to blue to represent the Sea.

View attachment 420622
For Athabasca, we can use a flag that's similar (but not so much that we get sued!) to Athabasca Uni's flag. The CoA is from deviant user CatCA's Athabasca flag.

View attachment 420628
I created an original flag for MacKenzie. The green is the forest and prairie, the blue is the bodies of water, specifically the MacKenzie River, and the white represents the sky and the ice.
View attachment 420632
And finally, Adams, also an original design. The grey thing in the middle is another inukshuk, the blue represents the sea, and the white represents the sky.

Thoughts? Opinions? @Zyxoriv?
I'm not the greatest fan of the second flag and I'm farely sure most people won't be either. The others are amazing and unique.

What is the state of UK politics ITTL? Has anything been established yet, because I think there should be a moderate party similar to what we have going with the Progressives in the US, led by Zac Goldsmith - ideally the party would ideally have a regionalist, environmentalist and localist platform and basically the Goldsmiths have a monopoly on the party's leadership and direction, shifting to a more eurosceptic position under James Goldsmith maybe and Zac leading it back to how Ed Goldsmith had intended the party to be (but with a more classical liberal basis - the premise being that environmentalism, localism and regionalism are the main things the current ideology of the party shares with the Ed era.) Maybe the party is started earlier under Frank Goldsmith and he is the reason that Zac Goldsmith brings the party back to classical liberalism and some degree of conservatism.

The only ideas presented so far have been a Canada-esque political alignment. Basically the Libs don't die with the war - if anything the UK's position in that conflict benefits their parties policies. Instead, the realignment is post-economic collapse where Parliament is totally hung and the Libs have to form a govt with Labour. This later gives rise to a Lab-Lib party (I originally proposed Cooperative Party as the name) against the Tories. The party is similar to OTL labour but maybe a little more centrist - the Corbyn-types in their own NDP-esque party.

There are two types of flags I disapprove of: Those that look like they were MSPaint creations, and a non-original Symbol-on-Blue. Anything else should be good, Flags are needed but they are not something I can do.

ST15RM

Banned
Tomorrow, I'll do the flags of the West Coast.

But, for now, Here's my basic ideas:

Alaska: Same as OTL.

Franklin: does NOT use a version of the OTL flag, instead uses something like Athabasca's flag, however, instead of a CoA we have a full-body silhouette of ol' Ben.

Oregon: definitely incorporates the beaver, perhaps a beaver shape on a blue bkgrnd, or something Franklin. I'm not sure yet.

Thoughts? Comments? (I'm trying to keep this thread alive!)

Tomorrow, I'll do the flags of the West Coast.

But, for now, Here's my basic ideas:

Alaska: Same as OTL.

Franklin: does NOT use a version of the OTL flag, instead uses something like Athabasca's flag, however, instead of a CoA we have a full-body silhouette of ol' Ben.

Oregon: definitely incorporates the beaver, perhaps a beaver shape on a blue bkgrnd, or something Franklin. I'm not sure yet.

Thoughts? Comments? (I'm trying to keep this thread alive!)
Oregon should include some Welsh elements, since Welsh is spoken in Oregon ITTL.