2018 Presidential Election

I hope you all enjoyed my coverage last night.
I think it was the best I have done of the three Presidential Elections. I tried to keep it simple as possible, and keep to my timetable.
And to answer the question I have not decided it's going to be 269-269, I have a result in mind but it could change.

I hope you all enjoyed my coverage last night.
I think it was the best I have done of the three Presidential Elections. I tried to keep it simple as possible, and keep to my timetable.
And to answer the question I have not decided it's going to be 269-269, I have a result in mind but it could change.
It would really be awesome if you found some way to have some variable way to the final outcome without the scripted result... computer number generator, some election program that would process the votes for the last three states, county-by-county, with some realistic random variables so that even the thread leaders/moderators would not know the outcome until it was developed by computer input. This would instill a sense of this election not becoming a "fait accompli" or a foregone conclusion. Just a thought... what does everyone think about this?

Your coverage of the election has been very excellent... I have been hanging on the results for each page... just like watching our US election reports last night on TV here.

mspence

Banned
If it goes to the House, I fear that neither Seaborn or Shallick will be seen as a "legitimate" winner...and WI Sam has to have Hunter as his VP?

Just an update, I am very busy today so don't expect any updates from the recounts. There might something late tonight UK Time, but I cannot promise.
I do have a life outside of electing that the next President of the United States of America.:)
Thought I would tell you all so save you posting messages asking for the next updates.

If it goes to the House, I fear that neither Seaborn or Shallick will be seen as a "legitimate" winner...and WI Sam has to have Hunter as his VP?
I was thinking the same thing. If someone wins by going to the House then the other side will scream "illegitimate" at them for the next four years.

This is the magic of telling a good story right here. Keeping things going, leaving us all wondering an speculating. It kind of reminds me of the show.

upload_2018-11-2_13-38-2-png.417942

Democrats Keep Control of House of Representatives

NBS can confirm that the Democratic Party has won enough seats to retain control of the House of Representatives. We have confirmed that Democratic candidates have at least won 220 seats in the House, two more than the 218 for them to hold on to the lower house. Four races have yet to have a winner declared.

The Democrats have won the popular vote in the US House by a 52%-47% margin over the Republicans. Most House Democrats ran ahead of the party's presidential nominee Sam Seaborn, although exit polling seems to indicate that a large part of that difference is due to the presence of a third-party presidential candidate, Green Party nominee Haydn Straus.

Current Standings (as of 4:00 PM EST)
Democratic: 220
Republican: 211
Too close to call: 4

Uncalled Races:

California's 10th (open)
California's 42nd
Colorado's 3rd
Delaware's At-Large

Last edited:
politicalanimal.com, Thursday November 8th

BREAKING: CNN Calls Oregon For Seaborn

With recounts continuing in three critical states, CNN has broken ranks with other news stations and finally called Oregon for California Senator Sam Seaborn. The announcement proceeds a 5pm EST press conference at which the Oregon Secretary of State Candice McColl is expected to confirm the result.

CNN anchor Matt Julian said “We’ve had confirmation from multiple sources that the announcement will confirm that the recount has confirmed that Senator Seaborn has won the state by less than 1000 votes and will secure their 7 electoral votes.”

There has been no further corroboration of the result and no other news outlet has called the result but CNN remain adamant that Seaborn has won.

nbs.com, Thursday November 8th

New Mexico Confirm Second Recount Amidst Claims of Voting Irregularities

Outgoing New Mexico Governor Rudi Vansen has confirmed that the state has begun a second recount after a number of uncounted votes were ordered to be included following a successful legal challenge by the campaign of Governor Henry Shallick.

The latest vote count gives California Senator Sam Seaborn a lead of around 2000 votes, but the Shallick campaign successfully petitioned for the inclusion of almost 30,000 votes that were excluded due to questions of whether the votes were registered correctly.

The Shallick campaign are upbeat that the votes, mainly from rural areas will tip the balance in their favour though there are suggestions that the Seaborn campaign are in the process of lodging an appeal against the ruling.

upload_2018-11-2_13-38-2-png.417942

Thursday, November 8th 2018

President Walken Discusses Election Uncertainty, Plans for Remainder of Term

With recounts in three states leaving the outcome of Tuesday's presidential election uncertain, President Glen Allen Walken struck an even keel. Appearing in the White House Rose Room, the president opened by wryly announcing that "I don't think after Tuesday we'll hear 'does my vote really matter?' anymore." The president expressed his support for the recount efforts, saying it was crucial that every vote is counted. "The American people have spoken, and we're still waiting to learn what exactly they've said." President Walken said.

The president said that has spoken to both his former chief of staff and Secretary of Labor Henry Shallick and Senator Sam Seaborn since the polls closed on Tuesday. President Walken said that both candidates have "responsibly taken care to keep their transition teams ready, even while they are engaging in an unprecedented set of recounts." The president also said that he spoke to Speaker Daniel Maddox, congratulating him on the Democrats' retention of the House of Representatives and also that he called former First Lady Helen Santos, who lost the race for one of Texas' seats in the United States Senate. "Helen is a lovely person and I told her that she ran a great campaign," Walken said. The president briefly talked to his predecessor, former president Matt Santos, afterwards. "We discussed the [presidential] race, and his plans for the inauguration." Walken said.

The president reiterated that he has ten weeks left in office before his term expires, and that he intends to "finish up some loose ends", including stabilizing the country's relationship with North Korea after the succession of Choi Ji-hoon and Choi Nam-sun to lead the rogue nation following their uncle Kang Sun-U's death last month. Walken has also dispatched Secretary of State Bradley Gilmore to Israel to shore up support for that country's Acting Prime Minister Gilad Doron, who is wielding power after longtime premier Efraim Zahavy fell into a coma a month ago.

President Walken listens to a question from a reporter
walken.png

(photo by John Goodman)

BBC.CO.UK/NEWS, Thursday, November 8th

China will not call the winner of the American presidential election, whoever it is.

As the world waits to see who wins the next American Presidential election the Chinese Foreign Ministry stated that the typical congratulation phone call would not occur. This is due to many factors but the primary reason stated is to avoid unpleasantness. "It was decided not to make the call back in September as the government felt it was better to avoid potential unpleasantness and it is unlikely either man running for the American presidency would want to hear from President Qian." the Foreign Ministry in Beijing stated.

China as an alternative is sending a congratulatory letter, however, as President Qian said when asked about it, "We can't send it in the post yet, we don't know who has won."

When asked about the lack of a call Chinese President Qian made his own remarks later in the day. "I am certain, whoever the president-elect of America is, I am not a person they would they would want to talk to. It is much nicer to send a letter of congratulations and then we can avoid potential unpleasantness." The President of China added, "Probably a call from me would ruin their joyful mood."

President Qian is busy this as Saturday he intends to go to North Korea to pay respects to the late Kang-Sun-U and talk with co-leaders Choi Ji-hoon and Choi Nam-sun.

Last edited: