@Admiral A. Kolchak I was literally just about to see if anyone could translate your 1936 map to HOI4... :p

ADB4C2F2-8441-48E8-B9B9-0AC22BBDD949.png

Here's a boring return to regular maps. If anyone wants me to continue with my "It's-basically-just-EYWoR-but-less-of-a-clusterf*ck" mod, you can say so. I might work on it for personal use anyways though.

Kwangsi-Kwangtung Plot

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 10.23.17 AM.png

• A - Chang Hsueh-liang assumes control of KMT forces in Shensi (6 Apr 1936)
  • B - Kwangsi and Kwangtung plot against China Kai-shek in an attempt to force him into an alliance with the Communists (May 1936)
  • C - The Mongol Military Government is established by Japanese collaborationists (May 12 1936)
  • D - The governor of Kwangtung is deposed by Chiang (Jul 1936)
  • E - Communists advance to the Wei river (August 1936)

Last edited:
Suiyuan Campaign

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 7.06.04 PM.png

• A - Kwangsi abandons the plot against Chiang Kai-Shek (Sept 1936)
  • B - Forces of the Mongol Military Government invade Suiyuan province with support from Japan (Oct 1936)
  • C - Mongols attack Hongort (14 Nov 1936)
  • D - Shansi Clique defeats the Japanese-backed invasion of its territory (17 Nov 9136)

The War of Resistance is just one slide away!

Second United Front:

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 10.22.33 AM.png

• A - Chang Hseuh-liang arrests Chiang Kai-Shek and tries force him to ally with the Communists (12 Dec 1936)
  • B - Chiang and Mao agree to form a United Front against the Japanese. Mao agrees to formally dissolve the Chinese Soviet Republic and recognize Nanking’s authority (26 December 1937)
  • C - Muslim rebellion in Sinkiang (1 Jun 1937)

Last edited:
I've shown them as part of British India. Does anyone have dates for when they became independent of British influence?

Bhutan stopped being a British protectorate with the independence of India in 1947. Although under British influence before then, they formally became a protectorate in 1910. IIRC, it shouldn't be considered part of the Raj.

Nepal has never (formally) been a British protectorate, though it was friendly towards Britain.

Crazy Boris

Banned
Bhutan stopped being a British protectorate with the independence of India in 1947. Although under British influence before then, they formally became a protectorate in 1910. IIRC, it shouldn't be considered part of the Raj.

Nepal has never (formally) been a British protectorate, though it was friendly towards Britain.

To add to this, Bhutan’s protectorate status wasn’t really British rule, but more akin to being a British satellite, since the treaties specifically guaranteed Bhutanese independence.

To add to this, Bhutan’s protectorate status wasn’t really British rule, but more akin to being a British satellite, since the treaties specifically guaranteed Bhutanese independence.
It's unfortunately way too late to fix this, but I can at least give them independence in 1947, whenever we get there.

Wasn't Sikkim also nominally independent?

Crazy Boris

Banned
It's unfortunately way too late to fix this, but I can at least give them independence in 1947, whenever we get there.

Wasn't Sikkim also nominally independent?

Sikkim’s kind of a grey area. It might be in the same sort of situation as Bhutan, but I’ve also seen it considered as a princely State, so I’m not really sure. But it definitely was independent post-1947.

Welcome back to Kolchak's Warlord Atlas, the part of AH.com that's so boring even the history geeks here can't use it.

Marco Polo Bridge Incident

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 6.28.53 PM.png

• A - 36th Division defeated by Sheng Shicai (3 Jun 1937)
  • B - Marco Polo Bridge incident begins between Japanese forces in Beiping and Nationalist forces under the warlord of Hebei, Song Zheyuan (7 Jul 1937)
  • C - Chinese victory at Marco Polo Bridge; Ceasefire declared (9 Jul 1937)

Battle of Shanghai Begins:

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 6.29.04 PM.png

• A - Truce between Japanese and Chinese forces in Beiping breaks down (25 Jul 1937)
  • B - Japanese capture Tientsin (29 Jul 1937)
  • C - Japanese take Beiping (8 Aug 1937)
  • D - A Japanese officer is shot in Shanghai (9 August 1937)
  • E - Chahar campaign begins (12 Aug 1937)
  • F - Chinese forces try to expel the Japanese garrison from Shanghai; war now begins for real (13 Aug 1937)

Battle of Shanghai: Second Phase

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 6.29.14 PM.png

• A - Shansi Clique troops occupy southern Chahar (14 Aug 1937)
  • B - Shansi troops retreat to Kalgan (20 Aug 1937)
  • C - Japanese reinforcements begin landing in Shanghai, beginning the second phase of the battle (23 Aug 1937)

Battle of Shanghai: Third Phase

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 6.29.25 PM.png

• A - Japanese capture Kalgan (27 Aug 1937)
  • B - Shansi establishes a new defensive position anchored on Mount Wutai (13 Sept 1937)
  • C - Sheng Shicai defeats the Muslim revolt (Oct 1937)
  • D - Japanese begin trying to outflank Mount Wutai (9 Oct 1937)
  • E - Chinese forces begin trying to extricate themselves from Shanghai, beginning the third phase of the battle (17 Oct 1937)

Battle of Taiyuan

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 6.29.39 PM.png

• A - Chinese troops abandon downtown Shanghai (25 Oct 1937)
  • B - Japanese troops land in Jinshawei, near Shanghai (5 Nov 1937)
  • C - Japanese capture Taiyuan (9 Nov 1937)

Fall of Nanking

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 6.29.51 PM.png

• A - Japanese troops begin advancing towards Nanking. Their advance is rapid and haphazard due to the eagerness of Japanese units to win victories (11 Nov 1937)
  • B - Japanese Central China Area Army begins a full-scale attack on Nanking (10 Dec 1937)
  • C - Despite the courage and tenacity of the defenders, the Chinese units remaining in Nanking are forced to retreat across the Yangtze (13 Dec 1937)

There is nothing boring here, I can assure you. This is very interesting.

And my interest is nothing whatsoever to do with a TL I am totally not currently writing...

I also have a day-by-day series of slides for this (which I used to create the maps above), but I'm really bad at making .gifs, so it'll have to wait.

There is nothing boring here, I can assure you. This is very interesting.

And my interest is nothing whatsoever to do with a TL I am totally not currently writing...
On the other hand you are actually using it to create something, which proves that my work here is successful.

If you're wondering why there haven't been anymore maps lately it's because I've been working on this (yeah I have a youtube channel now XD);

*RIP video quality*

Last edited: