Graphic Thread

First_Martian.jpg

I made this on paper, and yes, I know. It looks terrible, but at least I tried. :p

Anyway, welcome to Musk City, circa 2028, people of Earth!

NOTE: The settlement reflected from the astronaut's visor is not completely shown; but a tiny chunk of it is. So....you were all warned.

Sorry for asking here, but is it possible to request an alternate uniform/s for a TL?

I am asking on behalf of @John_Smith and his excellent TL about alternate Croatia during WW2, and due to various changing circumstances the Royal Croatian Homeguards need a new uniform, and having some kind of graphic representation would be very helpful for the readers.

Query:
Say you have a multinational parliament/assembly where the national "blocs" have slightly different apportionment (ie the representative ratio differs) but parties cross national lines.
What's the best way to represent both party and nation breakdown in a single seat image?

I chose to have some play and overset my midway oversheet (not inholding my true name nor my whereabouts) into Anglish

I decided to have some fun and translate my midterm transcript (not including my real name nor my location) into Anglish

Learner Midway Oversheet

Midway Marks
Learner Insight
Name: Gilbert A. Smith
Nowenly Broadcast: Stag of Crafts
Flake: Underward
Welcome Frist: 2017 Fall
Welcome Kind: New Freshman
Timewrit Frist: 2018 Fall
Lorestead: Openhanded Crafts
Lorerealm: Bellingham, Wa - Underward
Overling: Yore

1pu4Dd7.png

*Lorerealm Hint Scoring[/SPOILER]

Overthede Bookcraft = Transnational Literature
World Rikes I = World Civilizations I
Timeline of Americksland = History of the United States
Underthrows in Witship = Topics in Science

A quickie - I am so sorry for this... (any derogative languages does not reflect the opinion of the author and reflects only fictional prejudice)

"The republicans are calling his presidency disgraceful and thousands of conservative Americans pay publicly in Washington daily for Cruz to be stricken down by God."
That sentence out of context is very funny, and deserves a TL on it's own.

I've made this based on a recent question in a PM.

Somehow I believe such a TL would be negatively received. I don't have confidence in people seeing it as tongue-in-cheek, instead focusing on enumerating all the ways how implausible it is.

Hapsburg

Banned
Made using parts derived from DalTT and other on DeviantArt, from among the Pixel-Archives group (of which I am a contributor).

Sir Adhemar de Wilde, a human knight of the Tolossian tribe, son of Count Friedrich the Savage. Raised into the culture of courtly manners and feudal obligation, he was educated for war and leadership. His father was a Tolossian chieftain who infamously defected to the dwarven kingdom of Lithuar during a war in the early 780s; most of Friedrich's children died during the next decade of conflict. Adhemar is his youngest, but only surviving son and heir to his feudal estates, born after the peace. In 818, the young Adhemar departed with a small retinue, including his dwarven squire Adeline Wycliffsdottir, to join up with the Free Dorei Army, a volunteer militia dedicated to defending the Dorei Valley against orcish raids. He became a lieutenant to the company commander, and led the vanguard during several town defenses. After his company was nearly annihilated during a battle in 819, he and a small band of militia departed on a diplomatic journey to the Abbey of Tethar. From there, his story becomes muddled in legend...

Here is depicted in the full armor of a mailed knight with a surcoat emblazoned with the raven emblem of Lithuar, along with his personal device of a black chevron. Pinned to him is the badge of the Confessor Order, who would ordain him as one of their paladins. Just to the right is him without his helmet, in warrior's chain maille. Depicted also is his shield, painted blue and emblazoned with his house's symbol: a black bend with a black raven. Furthest right shows Adhemar clean-shaven, with his hair grown out and neatly combed, in a sky-blue tunic, in such a way as he would have appeared at court before leaving to serve as a soldier in the Free Army.

Adhemar de Wilde.png

Last edited:
Here are some Communist emblem designs I made in Flag Maker, because I had too many ideas for some and couldn't decide which ones to use for any new flags. Two of the four aren't exactly new: the top-right one has been featured in a few of my new flag designs already, and the bottom-middle one is just the standard Red Star/Hammer & Sickle combination with just the new addition of a circle of chains (though come to think of it, that might be a good emblem to represent Stalinism...).

Ufb7Kok.png

Oa6v8VG.jpg

Animation cells, featuring Princess Peach (voiced by Fiona Shaw) and King Bowser (voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson), used in Don Bluth's animated feature film "Super Mario Brothers" (1993).

IMPORTANT: I didn't make these. They were from a project done by a guy called "Kosperry". Be warned looking him up, tho -- he's quite into the Furry scene.

Last edited:
Well firstly it's not actually my art -- I found it while browsing and thought I could do something with it. Secondly, I'm not sure there's anything I could do with an Animated Mario movie as a Timeline.

That's kinda diappointing. You should definitely lead with the fact that someone else made it next time.

As for the concept, I really like the idea. A Don Bluth Mario movie would be bad, but probably a lot more memorable and influential than the live action movie.

That's kinda diappointing. You should definitely lead with the fact that someone else made it next time.

As for the concept, I really like the idea. A Don Bluth Mario movie would be bad, but probably a lot more memorable and influential than the live action movie.
Ah, sorry I didn't lead with that, then. Reading it back I now realise that I missed out the crucial wording -- 'here's the rest of the set I found'.

Bulldoggus

Banned
It would be like fun-bad with a cult audience of people who grew up with it, rather than just unmitigated, unwatchable bollocks. But I might think on that, with a different history of film from the 90's on in general and vidya game (I don't game at all, so I'd need to do a bit of research there...) film in particular. Of course, the elephant in the room is always that most games either don't lend themselves to film because they're too complex, or they lend themselves to films that already exist (Punch Out! would just be a generic boxing movie, GTA would just be a generic mob movie, CoD would just be a generic WWII movie, I need not go any further). Trends vs. Butterflies.