President Forever and other 270soft games Megathread

I’d like to have more of this.

Thank you!

I might redo the '72 one, but I will be continuing this idea. I also have at least two other ideas for scenarios that I am pursuing.
But for now...here is '76!

76prodemreppfpacp.JPG

Governor John Lewis (Pro-GA)/ Sen. Birch Bayh (Pro-IN) defeat Vice President Shirley Black (DR-CA)/ Fmr Gov. Patrick Lucey (DR-WI), Fmr Gov. Timothy Leary (PFP-CA)/ Dr. Benjamin Spock (PFP-CT), Sen. James Buckley (ACP-NY)/ Gov. Bill Dyke (ACP-WI), and Sen. Mike Gravel (L-AK)/ Rep. Ron Paul (L-TX).

Can someone explain to me how it's possible for me to gain 61 news power in a single week and still lose ground in several large states?

I'm so salty right now. I created a President Infinity 1976 scenario where MLK Jr. survives and runs for POTUS, and I was doing great in the Democratic primaries--but in every single primary after New Hampshire, Mo Udall somehow gained 20 percentage points of support on the literal day before the primary, obliterating any leads I held. He took Pennsylvania and Illinois from me this way, and produced a swing of forty points in a single day in Texas to take it from Carter. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

I'm so salty right now. I created a President Infinity 1976 scenario where MLK Jr. survives and runs for POTUS, and I was doing great in the Democratic primaries--but in every single primary after New Hampshire, Mo Udall somehow gained 20 percentage points of support on the literal day before the primary, obliterating any leads I held. He took Pennsylvania and Illinois from me this way, and produced a swing of forty points in a single day in Texas to take it from Carter. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

I don’t know why but I’m just going to point out this happens all the time. It’s stupid, unfair, and frustrating as all get out. I don’t think it works in reverse in your favor either. So you’re not alone.

I don’t know why but I’m just going to point out this happens all the time. It’s stupid, unfair, and frustrating as all get out. I don’t think it works in reverse in your favor either. So you’re not alone.
It can work in your favor. I was playing as Bernie once and got a 60 point swing in Georgia on election day. I also got a similar swing in some other States

It's not just primaries. I was playing Nixon in 1972, Humphrey got the dem nomination, as soon as he did, he got a 20% boost and ended up winning everything east of the Mississippi and all of the West coast. That may be a dream to some, but it's was very anoying.

I imagine this is a nightmare scenario for many. Donald Trump beating Obama in a Reagan-style landslide in 2012. I played as Trump on medium difficulty. Rick Perry was my VP.

TRUMP POTUS.PNG

Hey! so I just got PE 2004. Going through the scenarios however, all of them lead to "403 Forbidden" and under that "openresty" Any idea as to how I can get the scenarios?

perot1.jpg

Lost as Perot, but love the fact I won both homes states. I wonder what would have happened if was the 1992 result

View attachment 418317

Lost as Perot, but love the fact I won both homes states. I wonder what would have happened if was the 1992 result

My best guess would be that Democrats keep the House until at least 1996, and Bush is a lame duck President. In addition, the Democrat push for either the NPVIC or outright abolition of the EC, given that they came first in the PV but least in the EC. Perot runs again in 1996, possible with a stronger Reform downballot result.

80jordanmondale_fernandezrumsfeld_andersonwhite.JPG

Senator Barbara Jordan (D-TX)/ Senator Walter Mondale (D-MN)
Governor Ben Fernandez (R-CA)/ Representative Donald Rumsfeld (R-IL)
Representative John Anderson (NU-IL)/ Fmr Mayor Kevin White (NU-MA)

I do not want to be the one to clean the mess from this, especially from all those glass ceilings...