TL-191: Yankee Joe - Uniforms, Weapons, and Vehicles of the U.S. Armed Forces

I suppose, its just when I hear the terms Mobile or Mechanized infantry, I see visions of desert Storm era soldiers. I think modern APC's, I don't know why, all the news footage I saw during the time I guess. You don't hear those terms when one watches WWII documentaries.

How about just good ol' "Armored Infantry" or "Motorized Infantry" then, depending on the mode of transport? XD It doesn't have to be very fancy really, at least to me. I mean, the "grenadier" in Panzer-Grenedier is uniquely European and distinctly German in this case. Its a symbolic elite status bestowed to the assault infantry of the Prussian Army in Fredrick the Great's time - infantry that was trained well to go into battle bayonet fixed, having to evolve tom their previous status as close assault infantry that used fuse grenades.

The Americans don't have that kind of old, old tradition. But if ya dig around I suppose something can turn up if you don't want the generic term lol

How about just good ol' "Armored Infantry" or "Motorized Infantry" then, depending on the mode of transport? XD It doesn't have to be very fancy really, at least to me. I mean, the "grenadier" in Panzer-Grenedier is uniquely European and distinctly German in this case. Its a symbolic elite status bestowed to the assault infantry of the Prussian Army in Fredrick the Great's time - infantry that was trained well to go into battle bayonet fixed, having to evolve tom their previous status as close assault infantry that used fuse grenades.

The Americans don't have that kind of old, old tradition. But if ya dig around I suppose something can turn up if you don't want the generic term lol
I hear you.

I liked Pattontank12's suggestion of "Armored Cavalry", maybe the CSA would use the term "Motorized Infantry" just to be different from the US.

US Army 4x4 utility vehicle.

car  .skoda-type-952-kubelwagen-kfz15.gif

Originally aSkoda staff car but then I shortened it quite a bit from its original length to give it more of a jeep-look.

Okay I'm thinking that the US had an interwar tank similar to the M3 Lee, with the frontal hull gun but with a more "germanic" design element.

I like this idea, will try to draw something up.
Keep those ideas coming man. :cool:
I had an idea for an experimental hybrid Rocket & Jet craft, developed in cooperation with the Germans. The rockets would provide the initial lift, launching the craft into the air before detaching and initiating the jets.

I had an idea for an experimental hybrid Rocket & Jet craft, developed in cooperation with the Germans. The rockets would provide the initial lift, launching the craft into the air before detaching and initiating the jets.
The Germans did mount rato rockets on the Arado Ar-234 and I believe they did have a rocket/jet hybrid on the drawing board when the war ended.

arado234cynrik.jpg

I was thinking something along the lines of the German's rocket plane from ww2, crossed the Horton.
th (19).jpeg
ho229B.jpg

Mixed with elements of the United States own flying wing from the time, the Northrop YB-49
yrb-49_flight_2.jpg

I was thinking something along the lines of the German's rocket plane from ww2, crossed the Horton.

Mixed with elements of the United States own flying wing from the time, the Northrop YB-49
I believe the rocket/jet hybrid I mentioned was a flying wing design. I'll check out some Luft.46 sites and see if I can something on it, either way, I'm making my own version. :biggrin:

and I believe they did have a rocket/jet hybrid on the drawing board when the war ended.

They did indeed, including several Me 262 variants that actually flew like the Me 262C Heimatschutzers, which had rocket boosters mounted either under the tail like the Me 262C-1a:
me262c-2.jpg

Or the Me 262C-2b which had combined thrust engines consisting of BMW 003s with a rocket booster in the same pod:
Prototype-Me-262V12-C2b-V074-WNr-170074-being-inspected-Schwabish-Hall-Feb-1945-01.jpg

I was thinking that the US would recycle the frames of older barrel models for a mobile artillery platform, only with it possibly using rocket artillery similar to the Katyusha.

I was thinking that the US would recycle the frames of older barrel models for a mobile artillery platform, only with it possibly using rocket artillery similar to the Katyusha.
Makes more sense with conventional artillery than rockets. The heavy suspension system of a Barrel could handle the recoil of an artillery piece, since rockets don't recoil you can put them on a truck or half track with much lighter suspension. Yes the OTL US had the Calliope and Wizzbang, but both of those kept the gun and just added a removable rack for the rockets, and well the OTL US had a lot bigger surplus of tanks than the 191 US

I was thinking that for an American bloodflag just replace the white sun and Swastika with a blue sun and a white star, surrounded by a circle of smaller stars (possibly representing the states that stayed loyal to the Union during the war of Succession).
Ah yes that's one of Claymore's alternate armour models. I've learned a lot about doing alternate weapon drawings from Claymore.
Yeah I rather liked the design.