Dominion of America: An Alternate Timeline

So, this series will be inspired by the ongoing Yankee Dominion series, although I am nowhere near as good at this stuff as you guys are. There are a few differences, though, such as that the southwest and much of northern Mexico is part of the Dominion (for reasons I will explain in future updates), and that the Acadians aren't deported to the Deep South (except Louisiana). Anyway, a map is coming shortly.

M0Nhxx4.png

Basic Political Map of The Dominion of America

Last edited:
I have a few questions:

What's the capital of the dominion?

Homegrown or British monarch?

What are the main political parties?

I have a few questions:

What's the capital of the dominion?

Homegrown or British monarch?

What are the main political parties?
The Capital is Philadelphia
The Monarch is British (Queen Elizabeth II)
Political parties are to be determined
EDIT: The capital is Victoria, a planned capital city similar to D.C. built on the site of OTL Saint Louis.

Last edited:
Hmm, looks like it has some potential.

Also, for viewing pleasure, I edited it real quick:
upload_2018-10-13_21-25-6.png

Few quick questions, though:
1. How/when did Britain annex Spanish territories in the New World?
2. a couple of the borders seem a bit off for the POD-type deal (California, Texas, flat Montana, Kentucky and Tennessee and West Virginia and stuff)
3. I'd happily make a Worlda based offa this, if you want to make this a collab-kinda deal

Hmm, looks like it has some potential.

Also, for viewing pleasure, I edited it real quick:
View attachment 414072
Few quick questions, though:
1. How/when did Britain annex Spanish territories in the New World?
2. a couple of the borders seem a bit off for the POD-type deal (California, Texas, flat Montana, Kentucky and Tennessee and West Virginia and stuff)
3. I'd happily make a Worlda based offa this, if you want to make this a collab-kinda deal
1. Slavery (free state/province-slave state/province stuff), also British claims to the west coast (Francis Drake explored the west coast historically, so the British claimed "New Albion").
2. I was too lazy to change it :happyblush
3. Go ahead, just run it by me first.

vQmOZas.png

Linguistic Map of The Dominion of America (and surrounding areas)
English: Red
English and Native Languages: Pink
English and Spanish: Orange
English and French: Purple
French: Blue
French and Native Languages: Light Blue
Spanish: Yellow
Native Languages: Brown

Here's my progress so far:
upload_2018-10-14_0-24-40.png

What I'll be adding:
*Austin / Texas / Philippine (name pending)
*New Albion (might be most of the Californias IOTL, when they were a Mexican province)
*Yootka
*Hudsonia and Rupertia, among others, maybe
*Maybe some other proposals for colonies (like Vandalia, Transylvania, and Charlotina, which are all on the map)

vQmOZas.png

Linguistic Map of The Dominion of America (and surrounding areas)
English: Red
English and Native Languages: Pink
English and Spanish: Orange
English and French: Purple
French: Blue
French and Native Languages: Light Blue
Spanish: Yellow
Native Languages: Brown
I'll edit the language map later in order to make parts of Upstate New York (Iroquois) and the South (Five Civilized Tribes) bilingual between English and Native Languages.

Here's my progress so far:
View attachment 414100
What I'll be adding:
*Austin / Texas / Philippine (name pending)
*New Albion (might be most of the Californias IOTL, when they were a Mexican province)
*Yootka
*Hudsonia and Rupertia, among others, maybe
*Maybe some other proposals for colonies (like Vandalia, Transylvania, and Charlotina, which are all on the map)
So how are we going to balance our scenarios into one timeline, since our political maps already look different?

So how are we going to balance our scenarios into one timeline, since our political maps already look different?
We'll just compromise, probably. I'm basing mine off of a limited understanding of what happens, so we'll iron out the details after my map's done, or something?

So, I'm thinking that during the Irish Potato Famine alot of the Irish immigrants to America will go to French speaking Quebec and Ontario due to the common Catholic faith of Ireland and Francophone America (and that alot of Ireland was still Gaelic speaking at the time, so language wouldn't make a difference for many migrants). Meanwhile, most will still go to OTL's USA (Boston, New York, Philly, Chicago etc.). What do you guys think, and should I split the Irish category on the ancestry map into separate Anglophone and Francophone groups?

I will redo the ethnic and linguistic maps a bit, since I think that I overestimated how much of North America would be French Speaking, and I also made too much land have a Métis majority. I can't see a French majority west of Sault Ste. Marie, so only OTL Québec and Ontario excluding Northwestern Ontario and the Niagara Peninsula would be Francophone.

Last edited: