Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Considering the map linked to doesn't have internal boundaries for China, but does have those boundaries between the Siberian areas, I would say those might have been satteliate states. As the person mentioned, they weren't going to try translating it.
Nope. I'm from Hong Kong and I can read traditional Chinese. The Chinese there clearly marks the areas out as Provinces. From East to West:
Taiping Province (lit. Great Peace)
Zhongxing Province (lit. Central Prosperity)
Yongning Province (lit. Eternal Peace)
Yongan Province (lit. Eternal Pacification)

Last edited:
Nope. I'm from Hong Kong and I can read traditional Chinese. The Chinese there clearly marks the areas out as Provinces. From East to West:
Taiping Province (lit. Great Peace)
Yongning Province (lit. Eternal Peace)
Yongan Province (lit. Eternal Pacification)
Love it. Eternal Pacification for Central Asia? Brilliant. Your map does seem to have an issue or two, though. When I look up historical administrative divisions for China, it shows the ROC having the two areas to the. East of the Tibet Area as unified. Suppose it might come down to the difference between facts on paper and facts on the ground, though. Which year of basemap did you use for China?

Love it. Eternal Pacification for Central Asia? Brilliant. Your map does seem to have an issue or two, though. When I look up historical administrative divisions for China, it shows the ROC having the two areas to the. East of the Tibet Area as unified. Suppose it might come down to the difference between facts on paper and facts on the ground, though. Which year of basemap did you use for China?
Ah--thanks for the tip. It's the basemap--missed out that part when I was colouring Tibet as a province. I'll fix that.

Ah--thanks for the tip. It's the basemap--missed out that part when I was colouring Tibet as a province. I'll fix that.
Definetly all comes down to the years, and I a man sure the ROC would have made some more changes in the areas around the Han heartlands. I think they also might have been a bit different borders in Manchuria, but given the ROC didn't control that land long, if at all, they it was probably all on paper as well.

Zhongxing means “revival” or “rejuvenation” of a failing Dynasty. To “prosper”(Xing) again in its mid life(zhong).

Like how Emperor Xian of Tang revived Tang from decline, or Chancellor Zhang Juzheng revived Ming.

Chiang wanted to conquer Russian Siberia to mark his Dynasty’s revival.

Definetly all comes down to the years, and I a man sure the ROC would have made some more changes in the areas around the Han heartlands. I think they also might have been a bit different borders in Manchuria, but given the ROC didn't control that land long, if at all, they it was probably all on paper as well.
Hm. I honestly don't know why Manchuria has that many provinces. I suppose it's because how rich it was compared to the rest of China in postwar times--but that's just a guess.
Zhongxing means “revival” or “rejuvenation” of a failing Dynasty. To “prosper”(Xing) again in it it mid life(zhong).
Oh crap. That's embarrassing I didn't see it. I swear my Chinese is usually better.

Sam Houston's vision of a Texas-Oregon Union.
YUGB755.png

from How the States Got Their Shapes Too
3Ylp2Fr.png

Greater Belgium? I hear about some plan involving Sudan or part of it. Belgian king want to help with pacification of mahdists and then use them for "liberation" of Armenia or something similar...

Map_of_the_Paraguayan_War_1864-1870.png

Map of the Paraguayan War including disputed territory. There was one I saw in a Masaman video today that I can't find that also had the proposal Argentina floated to just wipe Paraguay off the map entirely

That first one is great, especially because of its size. Also shows a good image of the Argentine-Brazilian border dispute, though I'm pretty sure it should be a bit longer.

Here's my take on Paraguayan annexation, with borders and claims at the time.
upload_2018-10-20_15-21-53.png

I think the Paraguayan territories inhabited by indigenous peoples would be incoroporated into the Chaco Territory of Argentina, and Misiones would be returned to Corrientes Province. I don't know the exact details of the annexation though.

Van Zandt.png

After the end of the Civil War, when the Confederacy was reabsorbed into the Union, the county of Van Zandt in Texas wasn't down with the idea and so declared independence as the Free State of Van Zandt in 1867. They even wrote up their own declaration of independence on top of it. The U.S. sent in a cavalry unit to deal with them...only to be stopped by the dense woods of the region and pushed back by the Van Zandt forces. Feeling victorious, the Van Zandt forces then celebrated by getting absolutely plastered.

When the Americans came back, they surrounded the drunk men and arrested them. The prisoners later escaped and were never recaptured or went to trial. Their declaration of independence was also never repealed, so the Free State of Van Zandt still technically exists.