Hey, @Napoleon53, if you want to add even more craziness to the timeline, during WWII most armies issued meth to its soldiers and it’s speculated that the sheer amount of meth given to Japanese soldiers contributed to their brutality. Now imagine a future Republican Union military fueled by meth and told they’re on a god blessed campaign against the Inferiors. It’d fix the problems that ORRA suffered in the original and would make the Rape of Nanking into a normal pacification operation.

...guys, Mengele's work was scientifically useless. It was just a psychopath indulging his sadism.

There's only a very limited amount of information that you can get from unethical experimentation. You need sane people and unrestricted ideas to get actual progress, otherwise you go down batshit pseudoscience routes like phrenology and sooner or later end up running into tech walls.

Hey, @Napoleon53, if you want to add even more craziness to the timeline, during WWII most armies issued meth to its soldiers and it’s speculated that the sheer amount of meth given to Japanese soldiers contributed to their brutality. Now imagine a future Republican Union military fueled by meth and told they’re on a god blessed campaign against the Inferiors. It’d fix the problems that ORRA suffered in the original and would make the Rape of Nanking into a normal pacification operation.
So you mean basically a Draka Janissary army with added religious fanaticism? There's a recipe for 'success'.

...guys, Mengele's work was scientifically useless. It was just a psychopath indulging his sadism.

There's only a very limited amount of information that you can get from unethical experimentation. You need sane people and unrestricted ideas to get actual progress, otherwise you go down batshit pseudoscience routes like phrenology and sooner or later end up running into tech walls.

Here's my theory, and it could either be totally stupid or right on the money:

I feel like that as the RU modernizes and develops a public education system, they'll probably introduce aptitude tests to try and figure out which young students are "scientifically inclined." Students that do well enough are allowed to go to top research facilities, and are granted an unparalleled level of creative and intellectual freedom as long as they A). Produce results and B). Don't openly rock the boat in terms of their ideology. If any of their findings prove problematic for the government, they disappear, along with their research. Combined with a lack of any moral compass, and the RU could have a semi-effective R&D machine for a very long time.

I have definitely thought of this. It's a classic Heinleinian sounding plot for "what is your worth to society."

Already on it! Earlier in this version and Classic Madness, I had Fire-Breather cigarettes laced with coke and cocaine lozenges.

One thing I find really weird is how the totalitarian RU is making such technological advancements already. Surely the inefficiencies of the fascist and corporatist systems discovered OTL would inhibit innovation?
The total monopoly of Goodyear Enterprises of the original WMIT doesn’t seem to have set in yet, so they have to remain competitive and innovative. That and the current Charles Goodyear fanaticism about making the RU great means he’s probably dumping money on problems, not to mention outright stealing ideas from other countries and rushing them to completion.

That said, the RU in the original WMIT always being the most technical advanced nation did bug me. Maybe give the Allies a bone and some good tech but can’t compete with the RU’s overwhelming numbers. Georgia’s last hurrah as the evacuate to Cuba is to atom bomb advancing RU soliders?

I will also say Freach Australia will now have a good use as Napoleon II will be sending every last trouble-maker and nay-sayer to the Land Down Under. (Same for Louisiana and Quebec. Why? If only to boost their numbers and keep the RU away.)

So whats your plans to make japan and china mad? I was thinking for Japan that it would be imperial japan turn up to 11, so when the nu invade, it will be every Japanese fighting to last breathe. It will most likely get worse when the black jew comes along.
Regarding China, I feel like the Qing Dynasty--or maybe a successor dynasty based off the Taiping could really go the Imperial Japanese route, or even take it further:
  • Social elite emphasising honour? Check.
  • Emperor worship? Check.
  • Willingness and ability to sustain apocalyptic wars? Check.
  • Honour suicide? Rather overlooked by contemporary pop history, but check.
  • Kamikaze? Check.
  • Superiority complex? Check.
Imgine--Imperial Japan but with the resources of China and something like 6,7 times the population. Whilst the basis for much of Imperial Japanese theology aren't as strong in China than they are in Japan, I still be a horrific opponent. If China gets badly mauled by imperialist powers like in Classic, I'd even expect attacks like these:
Chinese_infantry_soldier_preparing_a_suicide_vest_of_Model_24_hand_grenades_at_the_Battle_of_Taierzhuang_against_Japanese_Tanks.jpg

To become the norm towards the end of the 19th Century and beyond.

Last edited:
Regarding China, I feel like the Qing Dynasty--or maybe a successor dynasty based off the Taiping could really go the Imperial Japanese route, or even take it further:
  • Honour suicide? Rather overlooked, but check.
  • Kamikaze? Check.
Imgine--Imperial Japan but with the resources of China and something like 6,7 times the population. Whilst the basis for much of Imperial Japanese theology aren't as strong in China than they are in Japan, I still be a horrific opponent. If China gets badly mauled by imperialist powers like in Classic, I'd even expect attacks like these:
Chinese_infantry_soldier_preparing_a_suicide_vest_of_Model_24_hand_grenades_at_the_Battle_of_Taierzhuang_against_Japanese_Tanks.jpg

mad China vs a Japan that makes decisive darkness japan look sane, I like it.

So whats your plans to make japan and china mad? I was thinking for Japan that it would be imperial japan turn up to 11, so when the nu invade, it will be every Japanese fighting to last breathe. It will most likely get worse when the black jew comes along.

But why?

• Honour suicide? Rather overlooked, but check.
  • Kamikaze? Check.

mad China vs a Japan that makes decisive darkness japan look sane, I like it.

But didn't we like...talk about China having a better fate then in Classic? (At least for a longer time.)

I mean, I get this is 'What Madness', but still.

I think that would add for this madness is maybe one of the places authroirtan otl turn into the opposite to add to what is this madness

But why?

But didn't we like...talk about China having a better fate then in Classic? (At least for a longer time.)

I mean, I get this is 'What Madness', but still.
I mean eventually China will go down the gutter, the rule/feeling of the madness universe is that eventually, everyone, from nations to religions to races and ethnicities and ect will go mad in the long run.

I mean eventually China will go down the gutter, the rule/feeling of the madness universe is that eventually, everyone, from nations to religions to races and ethnicities and ect will go mad in the long run.

But still, no little hope here and there?

I think that would add for this madness is maybe one of the places authroirtan otl turn into the opposite to add to what is this madness
that's a good idea, but not too good, maybe just basic authoritarian, but compared to everone else, there the sane guys.

that's a good idea, but not too good, maybe just basic authoritarian, but compared to everone else, there the sane guys.
Yah with limited freedoom something like maybe bismark germany it wouldn't be freedom but at the same time you have limited rights while everyone else will make 1984 look okay in comparison

Yah with limited freedoom something like maybe bismark germany it wouldn't be freedom but at the same time you have limited rights while everyone else will make 1984 look okay in comparison
exactly. not too good to be considered good, but not to evil to considered insane.