DCS - Yet Another Colour Scheme, but without an acronym

@Drex :
I love this, and I am already using the WIP! For Central America, what would you use for an ATL Poyais nation? ASB Central America? Also, at least for the Sandinistas, you should add a far-left Central America.

Out of curiosity have you decided how are handle borders and landforms, or are you just waiting until you get the rest of the colors done?

@Drex :
I love this, and I am already using the WIP! For Central America, what would you use for an ATL Poyais nation? ASB Central America? Also, at least for the Sandinistas, you should add a far-left Central America.
Done, check the DA link.

Out of curiosity have you decided how are handle borders and landforms, or are you just waiting until you get the rest of the colors done?
I'll do it at the end, but I feel like scrapping the old landmarks.

Maybe add a separate "Colonies" section, where you can add colors for a Roman Colony, a Celtic Colony, a Slavic Colony, an African Colony, etc. regardless of which continent it is in. I think SUCK does this and it can be useful.

Maybe add a separate "Colonies" section, where you can add colors for a Roman Colony, a Celtic Colony, a Slavic Colony, an African Colony, etc. regardless of which continent it is in. I think SUCK does this and it can be useful.

SUCK it seems just does it for ASB colonies, so Roman, Hellenic and Carthaginian Colonies, as well as other entities what Skall. dubs as ASB entities in mapping terms. Although that idea actually isn't a bad one for sure, could be useful as a general tool, unless you (Drex) are planning to make territories = colonies in the scheme ;).

Just some other things i've noticed upon close looking
-Is Alta California = California (Ask as you use a very similar colour to SUCK's California for Alta California)
-Will South Sudan be in East Africa then? as it isn't mentioned in North Africa
-Libya is now just the Republic of Libya, it dropped the Arab part in 2014, and put forward its name to the UN as just Libya at the end of last year.
-Are the European African Islands (Maderia, Canaries etc) going to be under Europe then? If so, please have a native tag or two for them :).
-Maybe see if you can squeeze in some more of the berber tribes- SUCK points out the Masaesyli, the Moors (put as Mauri), Kabylia, and maybe some general location ones (N,E,S,W), though you do have a lot of the berber tribes in it seems, which makes me happy.
-(as my Mesoamerican knowledge is limited) how many Aztec (i.e. North Mexico) tribes did you put in? SUCK points out two you missed, (Tarascans and Tlaxcalans), But I think on the whole you have more- would you just say use the rest of the Mexico colours on region basis to add to that if we needed to?
-Perhaps add in some more Caribbean islands, just splintered from their pairs, such as Caicos without Turcs, Saint Kitts/ Saint Nevis (split), Antigua without Barbuda, and maybe split up dutch west indies

EDIT: On the whole though, as I've been scanning through to compare this to SUCK, as yet you might just out do SUCK on the polites you represent :O, though they are stupid comprehensive when it gets to East Asia/ Indies, so I await in anticipation to see if you consider going that far down the rabbit hole

Last edited:
This is awesome! I've been playing around with it for a couple maps, and I really like it, keep it up!

A suggestion for the Canadian section, maybe remove Chippewa as a part of the Athabasca colour and replace it with the Chipewyan who are more local to the actual Athabaskan/Slave Lakes region. Chippewa (which I assume is just the alternate spelling for the Ojibwe), in my personal opinion would be more at home under the Far-Right Canada/Northern Great Lakes State colour due to their locality there.

Ojibwe Pre-Contact:
220px-Ojibwe_Language_Map.png

subarctic_map.jpg

I only say this because I was struggling to decide between the two as they were co-existing (an Athabascan state and a Chippewa/Ojibwe state) on a map I was working on.

EDIT: Also, perhaps swap the Saulteaux and Cree. Cree are more prevalent in Saskatchewan from what I can see and Saulteaux are more common in Manitoba.

8124091.jpeg

Last edited:
SUCK it seems just does it for ASB colonies, so Roman, Hellenic and Carthaginian Colonies, as well as other entities what Skall. dubs as ASB entities in mapping terms. Although that idea actually isn't a bad one for sure, could be useful as a general tool, unless you (Drex) are planning to make territories = colonies in the scheme ;).

Just some other things i've noticed upon close looking
-Is Alta California = California (Ask as you use a very similar colour to SUCK's California for Alta California)
-Will South Sudan be in East Africa then? as it isn't mentioned in North Africa
-Libya is now just the Republic of Libya, it dropped the Arab part in 2014, and put forward its name to the UN as just Libya at the end of last year.
-Are the European African Islands (Maderia, Canaries etc) going to be under Europe then? If so, please have a native tag or two for them :).
-Maybe see if you can squeeze in some more of the berber tribes- SUCK points out the Masaesyli, the Moors (put as Mauri), Kabylia, and maybe some general location ones (N,E,S,W), though you do have a lot of the berber tribes in it seems, which makes me happy.
-(as my Mesoamerican knowledge is limited) how many Aztec (i.e. North Mexico) tribes did you put in? SUCK points out two you missed, (Tarascans and Tlaxcalans), But I think on the whole you have more- would you just say use the rest of the Mexico colours on region basis to add to that if we needed to?
-Perhaps add in some more Caribbean islands, just splintered from their pairs, such as Caicos without Turcs, Saint Kitts/ Saint Nevis (split), Antigua without Barbuda, and maybe split up dutch west indies

EDIT: On the whole though, as I've been scanning through to compare this to SUCK, as yet you might just out do SUCK on the polites you represent :O, though they are stupid comprehensive when it gets to East Asia/ Indies, so I await in anticipation to see if you consider going that far down the rabbit hole

No, colonies here won't have their own box. Instead, if you want a colour for a colony you must go to where the colony is placed or nearbies.

-Yes
-East Africa indeed
-Fixed
-Most of Macaronesia (except Cape Verde, which is kinda far away anyways) will be on Hispania
-Both Tarascans and Tlaxcalans are already here (Aguascalientes and Tlaxcala). And yes, eventually I plan to add more tribes for Mexico.
-Nah, I think doing so many islands is counterproductive, I don't feel like doing a separate colour for every single island.

I definetely plan to outdo myself with East and South Asia, but I'm not sure if I'll reach the level of complexity of SUCK there.

Two more suggestions from me: Add "German Brazil" to Sergipe and "German La Plata/Southern Cone" to Catamarca.

Done

This is awesome! I've been playing around with it for a couple maps, and I really like it, keep it up!

A suggestion for the Canadian section, maybe remove Chippewa as a part of the Athabasca colour and replace it with the Chipewyan who are more local to the actual Athabaskan/Slave Lakes region. Chippewa (which I assume is just the alternate spelling for the Ojibwe), in my personal opinion would be more at home under the Far-Right Canada/Northern Great Lakes State colour due to their locality there.

Fixed

No Songhai?

Could be covered by Major West African State, no? And Songhai is usually a blue in mapping :p ((scratch this, see my looking below Smart))

EDIT:
-Ummm, on second glance, did you miss your Niger colours, as you seem to have transferred everything else over
Could add some more nations regardless though, if up for it, as M+T, for example, makes reference to few other states (though I am impressed by your range of native inclusion regardless :) )

((see below for link))
https://imgur.com/a/c1VmF7j

Last edited:
@Drex , I love the many possibilities for native states there! I would suggest one or two colours for Christian theocracies in West Africa there - I have seen and used an Igbo-led theocracy several times. Also, you could add a "Danish/Nordic Gold Coast" colour, together with "ASB West Africa" (the latter I thought of because of the Kong Mountains hoax)

Another possibility, complementing the far-left colour for West Africa, would be a (secular) far-right one. Mainly for "African Supremacist" or just ultra-nationalist cases.

Like SaveAtlacamani's suggestions, hopefully (as it seems you have) you'll be able to take a look at the images i linked above :). As another thing, I noticed you sneaking ahead over on deviantart so will put the next thing in a spoiler, so your next update isn't revealed (for those playing the see how you on here)

Liking the Central African work so far, with your merging, and your rather impressive adding to your original work, in particular to the native tribes, makes me a happy bunny, as it looks like a few were inspired by M+T :).
Just wanted to say that be sure to have Cameroon as a outright independent state referenced, as you just have the 3 splits of it currently, not a independent one ;). With your merging, makes me wonder if we'll see more in the 'Congo' subsection of the update, as well as going down into the Southern Central Africa parts :).

Keep up the good work, and looking forward to seeing the next update,
all the best,
From ML8991

I would suggest adding a colour for the Aouzou Strip to the Chad colours. This area was hotly contested between Ghaddafi's Libya and Chad, and the colour could also serve as an Arab-ruled Chad or Greater Libya.