Votes: 20 5.5%
  • Change back to the Mexican Empire TL

Votes: 25 6.9%
  • Stop it ! Before it is too late !

Votes: 12 3.3%

• Total voters
Prologue
The Golden Eagle

27th of August of 1813, Dresden, Saxony, the night after the battle.

The Emperor of the French was sleeping in his campaign tent, he won a crushing victory that morning, defeating an Austrian Army with the double of the size. But the rain of the previous day gave him a strong colic, he went to sleep in a mix of pain and happiness of another victory. But everything changed on that night when he heard a voice in his dream.

He woke up sweating like a pig, rushed to the table and wrote a letter, addressed to Tsar Alexander I, leader of the 6th coalition, and called a meeting of the Generals.

The generals standed around the campaign table when the Emperor arrived. Napoleon used his traditional uniform and had a very serious expression. He didn't greet the Generals and instead just went to his side of the table and started to speak.

"Gentlemen, we went to many adventures together, from Austeritz to Borodino, from Egypt to Jena. But there comes a time that we have to stop." The generals murmured to eachother, was the Colic too strong ? "This last night I had a dream, I saw the future of France, if we keep going we shall become a nation humiliated by the Germans and just a shadow of our Empire. I could hear the voice of Josephine, telling me to stop before I brought the destruction of France. I have decided to hear the voice and now I have sent a letter to Alexander, offering reasonable terms of peace to him, we will lose our Empire, but we shall keep France, Piedmont, Catalonia, and the West Bank of the Rhine. We shall quit while ahead as to avoid the dark future. Here we shall celebrate the end of the Wars."

The Generals applauded the Emperor, many with visible smiles on his face, others yelling "Vive L'Emperur ! Vive La France !"

2 days later, the French menssager arrived at the coalition camp, he requested to meet the Tsar but was surprised to what he heard: The Tsar Alexander I died of a strong digestive disease. Luckily for the French the Austrian foreign Minister, Klemens von Metternich, became head of the coalition. Metternich was taken aback by the generous peace terms proposed by Napoleon just after losing battle after battle against the Corsican, he didn't hesitate to accept Napoleon's offer of negotiations and called a meeting of all Coalition leadership to Vienna.

A week later, Napoleon went to Vienna, in a peace meeting between the leaders of the Coalition. Napoleon used the victory in Dresden and his several previous victories against the coalition during 1813 as bargaining chips. The Coalition leaders were taken by surprise by the Lenient peace offer made by the Emperor, even with the British insisting on keeping the war until ultimate victory, and that having Napoleon to remain Emperor was a threat, the rest of the coalition happily agreed to the "Peace of Vienna". France was allowed to keep a large territory, keeping the Netherlands as a puppet state under French Control. The rest of the Empire would be split into spheres of influence. The coalition would recognize Napoleon and his dynasty as rightful rulers of France, in return, Napoleon would not engage with any further expansion Wars into the European continent. The British weren't happy with that and they also demanded the Retreat of the French from Iberia, Napoleon accepted but demanded to keep Catalonia, the British accepted the compromise and swore to never create and subside another coalition against Napoleon and France. The Napoleonic Wars were over.

IMG_2420.JPG

(Discord Link:https://discord.gg/bpKzwa7)​

Last edited:
27th of August of 1813, Dresden, Saxony, the night after the battle.

The Emperor of the French was sleeping in his campaign tent, he won a crushing victory that morning, defeating an Austrian Army with the double of the size. But the rain of the previous day gave him a strong colic, he went to sleep in a mix of pain and happiness of another victory. But everything changed on that night when he heard a voice in his dream.

He woke up sweating like a pig, rushed to the table and wrote a letter, addressed to Tsar Alexander I, leader of the 6th coalition, and called a meeting of the Generals.

The generals standed around the campaign table when the Emperor arrived. Napoleon used his traditional uniform and had a very serious expression. He didn't greet the Generals and instead just went to his side of the table and started to speak.

"Gentlemen, we went to many adventures together, from Borodino to Austerlitz, from Egypt to Jena. But there comes a time that we have to stop." The generals murmured to eachother, was the Colic too strong ? "This last night I had a dream, I saw the future of France, if we keep going we shall become a nation humiliated by the Germans and just a shadow of our Empire. I could hear the voice of Josephine, telling me to stop before I brought the destruction of France. I have decided to hear the voice and now I have sent a letter to Alexander, offering reasonable terms of peace to him, we will lose our Empire, but we shall keep France, Piedmont, Catalonia, and the West Bank of the Rhine. We shall quit while ahead as to avoid the dark future. Here we shall celebrate the end of the Wars."

The Generals applauded the Emperor, many with visible smiles on his face, others yelling "Vive L'Emperur ! Vive La France !"

A week later, Napoleon went to Vienna, in a peace meeting between the leaders of the Coalition. Napoleon used the victory in Dresden and his several victories against the coalition during 1813 as bargaining chips. The Coalition leaders were taken by surprise by the Lenient peace offer made by the Emperor, even with the British insisting on keeping the war until ultimate victory, and that having Napoleon to remain Emperor was a threat, the rest of the coalition happily agreed to the "Peace of Vienna". France was allowed to keep a large territory, keeping the Netherlands as a puppet state under Napoleon's brother. The rest of the Empire would be split into spheres of influence. The coalition would recognize Napoleon and his dynasty as rightful rulers of France, in return, Napoleon would not engage with any further expansion Wars into the European continent. The British weren't happy with that and they also demanded the Retreat of the French from Iberia, Napoleon accepted but demanded to keep Catalonia, the British accepted the compromise and swore to never create and subside another coalition against Napoleon and France. The Napoleonic Wars were over.

As it was already remarked, you'll have to change Napoleon (which you seemingly did ;)) but you also have to change Alexander. How about both him and his brother Constantine (just to be on a safe side) died from cholera: taking into an account a prevailing level of a sanitary this is quite realistic and also very "unheroic" and unpleasant (yes, I don't like Alexander ;)). This would give at least some chance to peace: heir of the throne, Nicholas, is 17 years old and without Alexander's aggressive anti-Napoleonic stance (and prestige) coalition may start losing its drive.

BTW, "from Borodino to Austerlitz" is a little bit reverse chronologically. :winkytongue:

Blaze

Banned
I don’t think Spain and Britain neither the catalans would accept a French Catalonia as by that time the french had already lost the war in the peninsula.Plus a border in the Pyrenees is more logical as it is easily defendable

The problem for Britain is that they would end up fighting alone against the French, don't forget this is pre-Leipzig so the Coalition didn't have an assured victory, Napoleon leaving Germany, Poland, And Italy is far beyond generous than what the Coaition would expect. Besides, Britain is also dealing with another war in the USA and they won't forgive Napoleon that easy.

Originally thins kind of peace was proposed but was refused, because the allies doesn't think that this peace was possible and wanted to get rid of napoleon in the same time napoleon knew it was a trap and wanted to win some major battle to have the upper hand in negociation and kept the prestige for his army, him and his country.

So IMO, it would be possible with a lesser deaft in Russia, with more troop and more moral Napoleon could win more battle, like this the coalition would not be sure to win and would be trully in favor of a peace with him, in the same time after a lot of fighting and some victories he would accept this peace he doesn't want to jeopardizing his empire.

The Frankfurt proposal was made after the Battle of Leipzig, this one happened before, just after Napoleon got a Major victory in the battle of Dresden. The Coalition wasn't sure that they could defeat Bonaparte by then. Besides, their objective was dismantle the French dominion over Germany and Italy and they got their demands... mostly.

((And also I needed a PoD to keep France with these sexy Borders))

Blaze

Banned
That was in Germany, in Iberia they had completely lost the war by this time and sure that Napoleon would go there after the other powers made peace. But the adition of both Piedmont and Catalonia pratically guarantees italian and spanish enmity.
Don’t take me wrong, i’m interested in what your timeline would bring, it just seems too ASB to me than France would keep these borders in Iberia as it would still mean a continuos drain on resources for quite some time

That was in Germany, in Iberia they had completely lost the war by this time and sure that Napoleon would go there after the other powers made peace. But the adition of both Piedmont and Catalonia pratically guarantees italian and spanish enmity.
Don’t take me wrong, i’m interested in what your timeline would bring, it just seems too ASB to me than France would keep these borders in Iberia as it would still mean a continuos drain on resources for quite some time
B-But the borders look so beautiful

What would you suggest then ? (Also I made Catalonia and Piedmont part of France as a source for future conflict.) Is there any change to make so these borders are allowed ?

That was in Germany, in Iberia they had completely lost the war by this time and sure that Napoleon would go there after the other powers made peace

Catalonia was french until 1814, and was part of France, Napoleon would want to negociate a peace but would try to kept the maximum of territories or Iberia is a lesser theater for other powers, Austria, Prussia and Russia are not interested by Catalonia they are more interested by Italy, Germany, Illyria.

IMO it seems realistic that Napoelon kept this territory, but yeah it will be source of conflict.

It's not ASB, because resistance could generally be crushed in Spain as long as the British don't have an army in being in Iberia; once Napoleon has settled the threat in central Europe, he would land on Wellington like a ton of bricks, with major numerical superiority. If he can force the British to evacuate their army, then he can keep whatever he wants in Spain. It probably wouldn't even come to a direct confrontation, as the British would understand that they can't stand up to Napoleon on land with just the forces in Iberia.

1813-1820: France
The end of the Wars was very well received by the French people, Napoleon came back to Paris with his "Grande Armeé" and met again with his wife Marie Louise and his son Napoleon Francis, he needed an new Title since Rome wasn't under French Control anymore, he was now the "King of the Rhine". Marie Louise was very happy with the end of the wars against her father, later at night she demonstrated that happiness to Napoleon, later it was discovered she was pregnant.

Internally, Napoleon reorganized the French Army, sending the conscripts back and keeping about 4 army Corps under Ney, Davout, Masséna, and Murat. But he kept about 4 Army Corps as reserves in case the Coalition broke the treaty. He continued his Enlightened Despotic rule, censoring press but guaranteeing civil liberties.

9 months later, Napoleon's second son was born: Louis Napoleon Bonaparte, Prince Imperial, and King of Belgique. Napoleon's rule remained stable for the rest of the decade, as opposed to what would happen in the next one.

Napoleon's health recovered from the Colic and stress from war, many doctors feared it would get worse, but being around his family with a grateful France seems to have Improved his health.

Last edited:
the title of King of Rhine seems weird, i don't see him accept this kind of title, IMO he would likely kept his title of Emperor of the French, even if he lose Roma, he's still crowned by the pope so he kept his legitimacy also the ceremony was held in the great cathedral of Notre Dame de Paris not in Roma. (by the way Roma became french in 1809 five year after Napoleon was crowned Emperor of the French)

The end of the Wars was very well received by the French people, Napoleon came back to Paris with his "Grande Armeé" and met again with his wife Marie Louise and his son Napoleon Francis, he needed an new Title since Rome wasn't under French Control anymore, he was now the "King of the Rhine". Marie Louise was very happy with the end of the wars against her father, later at night she demonstrated that happiness to Napoleon, a week later it was discovered she was pregnant.

Internally, Napoleon reorganized the French Army, sending the conscripts back and keeping about 4 army Corps under Ney, Davout, Masséna, and Murat. But he kept about 4 Army Corps as reserves in case the Coalition broke the treaty. He continued his Enlightened Despotic rule, censoring press but guaranteeing civil liberties.

9 months later, Napoleon's second son was born: Charles Luis Napoleon Bonaparte, Prince Imperial, and King of Catalonia. Napoleon's rule remained stable for the rest of the decade, as opposed to what would happen in the next one.

Napoleon's health recovered from the Colic and stress from war, many doctors feared it would get worse, but being around his family with a grateful France seems to have Improved his health.

... can French society absorb such a rapid demobalization of the Grand Armee, especially after its been essentially totally mobalized to war for so long? The shutting down of the national workshops that produced the weaponry plus the end of Conscription would see a FLOOD of unemployed on the streets, to say nothing of the refugees from the former satalitte states who're going to be emigrating in save their hides from vengence-minded restored regeimes. Nappy is going to have to pull some impressive policies out from under his coat to prevent social unrest, and even those are going to require tapping deeply into an already deeply drained treasury...

Britain won't accept France keeping Antwerp; that was the main reason they went to war in 1793. Even if the rest of the Great Powers left the war they'd still probably stay in it; the war at that point wasn't really hurting them and without the Continental System things would just get better. So any peace involving a demobilization of the Grand Armee just results in the British army steamrolling through Spain.

the title of King of Rhine seems weird, i don't see him accept this kind of title, IMO he would likely kept his title of Emperor of the French, even if he lose Roma, he's still crowned by the pope so he kept his legitimacy also the ceremony was held in the great cathedral of Notre Dame de Paris not in Roma. (by the way Roma became french in 1809 five year after Napoleon was crowned Emperor of the French)
That was the title to Napoleon II, not Napoleon I. And I just made up that King of the Rhine title for the child.

... can French society absorb such a rapid demobalization of the Grand Armee, especially after its been essentially totally mobalized to war for so long? The shutting down of the national workshops that produced the weaponry plus the end of Conscription would see a FLOOD of unemployed on the streets, to say nothing of the refugees from the former satalitte states who're going to be emigrating in save their hides from vengence-minded restored regeimes. Nappy is going to have to pull some impressive policies out from under his coat to prevent social unrest, and even those are going to require tapping deeply into an already deeply drained treasury...
The next decade will be very tumultuous for France, and the most of the Grand Armeé that time was drafted or Conscripted, I made it so Napoleon keeps a core of professional soldiers (and some more as reserves) and most those demobilized didn't even join as soldiers and probably had other jobs.

The next decade will be very tumultuous for France, and the most of the Grand Armeé that time was drafted or Conscripted, I made it so Napoleon keeps a core of professional soldiers (and some more as reserves) and most those demobilized didn't even join as soldiers and probably had other jobs.

... jobs that would have been filled or disappeared in the years they've been off campaigning. And a number of those are liable to disappear as customs barriers go back up in Italy and Germany to French goods and the demand of the "war material boom" counter-cyclical factor disappears. Somehow, I doubt there's going to be hundreds of thousands of open job positions for them to go back to, and I don't think I need to remind you that it was mass inability to buy bread that triggered the Revolution in the first place.

But as long as that domestic unrest is addressed, I see no reason that it can't be overcome. I just want to make sure you diden't plan on making peace all roses and rainbows.