WIP Map Thread

think you hit the US with more nukes than the Soviets had on ICBMs and SLBMs
I am mostly using Nuclear Order of Battle as a source, which says they had 42 ICBMs at the time. There are a few more which are from the shorter-range missiles that were located in Cuba.

I am mostly using Nuclear Order of Battle as a source, which says they had 42 ICBMs at the time. There are a few more which are from the shorter-range missiles that were located in Cuba.

Keep in mind Soviet ICBMs had both a failure rate approaching 33% and a CEP of almost 2.5km

Keep in mind Soviet ICBMs had both a failure rate approaching 33% and a CEP of almost 2.5km
Oh god, I knew that they could be a few km inaccurate and took that into account in the timeline, but 33% failure rate? That's so bad. Do you know whether that is true for the short-range missiles as well?

Deleted member 108228

Something in the works

path1561.png

Isaac Beach

Banned
This isn't a guess because I went looking, but it's Douala, Cameroon.

That's cheeky, so you only get a silver star. But yes, a much nicer, larger, more advanced Douala.

Also you changed your name! Can't call you Kirbs in good conscience now. Fancy? Hat?

Hello everyone.

I've started working on a project of mine.

The first step is making a base reference map with various toponyms.

It is a fun but cumbersome task. At my internal version of 0.03 I've placed around 200 various toponyms worldwide. It will take a while to cover most of the planet, so here is a sneak peek to see if anyone is interested.

omclEY8.png

East Coast + Canada completed on my weird worldbuilding exercise - post-apocalyptic except not because native populations and magic/monsters AND neo-medievalism/pre-industrialism. Currently going over with one colour scheme before I finish and go over with another till I am satisfied. Not sure where I'll take it but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

I can't thank you enough for working on the project--very interested in your take on the scenario.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, I'm all ears. I may change north America, for one thing: upon rechecking your post it looks like you intended the US to be reunited (mostly) by the NE rather than permanently losing the NE and SW.

Another alt-Iran? Lovely.