TL-191: Yankee Joe - Uniforms, Weapons, and Vehicles of the U.S. Armed Forces

B19 Havoc US. Air-Force & Navy four engine bomber. Originally planned as a float-plane but then the Air-Force learned of the unique pusher-pull tandem engine configuration and offered to put up half the funds for development if the the plane was given a conventional landing gear. The Navy accepted the Air-Force's offer and the B19 became a dual service attack craft but the Navy got more use out of the B19 than the Army ever did. The Air-Force tried the B19 in various roles but never found a true role for the plane due to having better aircraft designed for specified roles. The Navy however used the B19 in both anti-shipping and an anti-submarine role.

The naval version of the B19 could carry two torpedoes or six depth charges or a 2,200 lbs. bomb load and most planes were armed with five 50 cal. (four in the nose and one in the tail) MG's,a 20mm cannon in a dorsal turret and two 30mm cannons of German design in each wing root.

B19.gif

An OTL Aircuda with engines added to the front of each nacelle and a twin rudder tail.

Last edited:
How likely would it be for the US to have used half track vehicles during the war? Maybe something similar to the OTL M3?

B19 Havoc US. Air-Force & Navy four engine bomber. Originally planned as a float-plane but then the Air-Force learned of the unique pusher-pull tandem engine configuration and offered to put up half the funds for development if the the plane was given a conventional landing gear. The Navy accepted the Air-Force's offer and the B19 became a dual service attack craft but the Navy got more use out of the B19 than the Army ever did. The Air-Force tried the B19 in various roles but never found a true role for the plane due to having better aircraft designed for specified roles. The Navy however used the B19 in both anti-shipping and an anti-submarine role.

The naval version of the B19 could carry two torpedoes or six depth charges or a 2,200 lbs. bomb load and most planes were armed with five 50 cal. (four in the nose and one in the tail) MG's,a 20mm cannon in a dorsal turret and two 30mm cannons of German design in each wing root.

View attachment 413320

An OTL Aircuda with engines added to the front of each nacelle and a twin rudder tail.
I like it.

How likely would it be for the US to have used half track vehicles during the war? Maybe something similar to the OTL M3?

I like it.
I think it would be very likely the US would have half-tracks, over on the "Featherston" I had my doubts about the CS having half-tracks but some others felt they would have em too.
I'll draw something up, maybe a cross between the M3 and a the SdKfz.250 series?

I think it would be very likely the US would have half-tracks, over on the "Featherston" I had my doubts about the CS having half-tracks but some others felt they would have em too.
I'll draw something up, maybe a cross between the M3 and a the SdKfz.250 series?
German-Half-Track.jpg
th (18).jpeg

I like it. Maybe it could have a top hatch, connected to a vehicle machine gun.

Has for the Confederate's I think they'd just repurpose civilian farm trucks for troop transports.
ecfaa4c9e7e8fc9a8720ee1b6630adee.jpg

Yeah I posted a pic of an early French half-track that was pretty much a civilian truck converted into a half-track and I added a bit of armour to it.
Yeah I'd think a Confederate transport would just be a civilian truck with the bed replaced by a metal box, no half track conversion of anything like that. Keep it simple and quick to make.

Yeah I'd think a Confederate transport would just be a civilian truck with the bed replaced by a metal box, no half track conversion of anything like that. Keep it simple and quick to make.
Yeah there's already one over on the other thread, its one of the first pics I did there along with a couple of armored cars, I also later converted one of the light tanks I made into a Bren Carrier-like vehicle.

MAV4 (Motorized Armored Vehicle No.4) US Armored troop carrier, could carry eight fully equipped infantry men and was armed with a 50 cal. heavy MG and a 7mm light mg. in an armored turret that was accessible from the right side passenger door or the rear hatch.

AM 2.png

This one strongly reminds me of the old TV show Combat! set in WWII, a lot of German vehicles were portrayed by US army vehicles (like in a lot of movies back then) and in a couple of episodes an M3 with a turret armed with an MG mounted to a fabricated roof was featured.
I always thought it was one of the cooler mock German AFV's used in a TV show or movie, I should try to make a model of it one of these days.

Liberty S1 Screaming Eagle. The US first jet fighter, Heavily influenced by Germany's Fokker D-300.
The Thunderbolt arrived late in the war and saw only limited combat.
av su11-1-2.gif

Made from a Sukhoi Su-11 jet (a Sov copy of the Me-262) and a Messerschmitt Me-263 rocket (not the 163 Komet) plane.

Last edited:
Liberty S1 Thunderbolt. The US first jet fighter, Heavily influenced by Germany's Fokker D-300.
The Thunderbolt arrived to late to see any combat but did perform at least one recorded recon mission.

Made from a Sukhoi Su-11 jet (a Sov copy of the Me-262) and a Messerschmitt Me-263 rocket (not the 163 Komet) plane.
At least in canon 191 the US did deploy Jet Fighters in combat missions, one of the viewpoint characters flies one and engages CSA planes with a methanol boost system

Liberty S1 Thunderbolt. The US first jet fighter, Heavily influenced by Germany's Fokker D-300.
The Thunderbolt arrived to late to see any combat but did perform at least one recorded recon mission.

View attachment 413661

The first American jet fighter was called the the screaming eagle. The description of the aircraft is kind of like that. Though it probably looks more like a ME-262.

At least in canon 191 the US did deploy Jet Fighters in combat missions, one of the viewpoint characters flies one and engages CSA planes with a methanol boost system
The first American jet fighter was called the the screaming eagle. The description of the aircraft is kind of like that. Though it probably looks more like a ME-262.
My bad I forgot about that, going to go back and edit the post.

<snip> Though it probably looks more like a ME-262.
I didn't want it to look too much like an Me-262, I figured Messerschmitt would be butterflied away but Fokker might still come into being and I think it was mentioned that a US fighter in the First Great War was a copy of a Fokker.
I imagine the Fokker company inventing the the first jet but Anthony Fokker himself did not really having anything to with the design.

Last edited:
Liberty S1 Screaming Eagle. The US first jet fighter, Heavily influenced by Germany's Fokker D-300.
The Thunderbolt arrived late in the war and saw only limited combat.

Hey this one looks nice too! I actually like that it doesn't look like an exact copy of the Me-262, but instead takes parts and piece from similar aircraft to make a totally new design. probably the most noticeable feature here is that it doesn't have a swept wing design. There armament also looks lighter, but I imagine that's fine since the Scream Eagle would probably be used more as a fighter-interceptor or dogfighter. Not sure about the ground support role, but definitely more of an air-superiority fighter.

Definitely a sufficiently futuristic design for TL-191! Too bad it never went up against any Confederate jets! XD

MAV4 (Motorized Armored Vehicle No.4) US Armored troop carrier, could carry eight fully equipped infantry men and was armed with a 50 cal. heavy MG and a 7mm light mg. in an armored turret that was accessible from the right side passenger door or the rear hatch.

This one strongly reminds me of the old TV show Combat! set in WWII, a lot of German vehicles were portrayed by US army vehicles (like in a lot of movies back then) and in a couple of episodes an M3 with a turret armed with an MG mounted to a fabricated roof was featured.
I always thought it was one of the cooler mock German AFV's used in a TV show or movie, I should try to make a model of it one of these days.

Oh awesome! Now that's thinking creatively! Combining the Hanomag and the US half-track to make a cool looking design, all based off of a show even! Well the result is pretty good. I think my favorite part of it is that it has a semi-enclosed turret to provide better infantry support. I can see this being a bit more combat effective than whatever the Confederates have as a half-track (I can't remember if you made one for them).

Seems like the Confederates either do or don't have a half-track XD If they did it would probably be a stop-gap looking thing, very crude.

So this means there are engines front and back? I've never heard of a design feature like this, so this is news to me! Sounds like this plane got more service in the US Navy though, so I imagine the Air Force never used it for much.

So some possible symbols that could be placed on the US Stalhelm.

The classic flag shield im the place of the German tricolor.

Perhaps the American Star to represent the Army.

The twin swords of the cavalry or perhaps in this case US mechanized and armored forces.

And of course the American Eagle.

Yup, I like this too. I'd personally go with the US shield and crossed swords, for the latter is pretty prevalent in TL-191 US society. I can see these decals being applied to helmets in the early war stages before all the helmets are eventually unadorned, but I could be wrong on that. Reason I say that is because they might need a lot of helmets and might not have the time to apply decals on all of them. Again could be wrong on that.

Either way, these would look great!

So this means there are engines front and back? I've never heard of a design feature like this, so this is news to me! Sounds like this plane got more service in the US Navy though, so I imagine the Air Force never used it for much.
There were several German seaplanes that four engines in tandem such as Dornier Do-18
fpino-do18-2.jpg

And the Dornier Do-26.

dorn_do-26.jpg