Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Found it by accident
7ba0f961ca1c2ad98c197a359f1684d9.png

Antarctic Claims According to the Defrontation Theory
From west to east: Ecuador (90 W), Peru (81 19 49 W), Chile (80 50 15 W), Argentina (67 16 50 W), Uruguay (56 39 53 W) and Brazil (53 22 10 W to 24 W).
Defrontation Theory.png

I had no idea that (other than Chile and Argentina) had any claims to Antarctica.
Defrontation seems to be based on a Spanish term or something. When I googled it the first result was on Antarctic claims. Peru apparently claims they have the rights reserved for land and stewardship over an area, should they decide to make a claim. It links to a Wikipedia page describing it, but it is purely in Spanish. Perhaps the map or map it was based on was made to ridicule the idea.

https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teoría_de_la_defrontación

Vuu

Banned
Found it by accident
7ba0f961ca1c2ad98c197a359f1684d9.png

That is one massive Serbia.

No Serbian Krajina? Clearly wimps or traitors made this map. On a side note, I like to think the Ottomans reannexed Bulgaria and Greece in this.

It's extremely difficult to see, but top-right says "Serbia under emperor Dušan" - it includes territories that weren't really controlled legally (the part of Bulgaria, Bosnia and Srem, those were under military occupation, probably included because). Rest of Bulgaria (incl. all of Dobruja) were vassals. Another reason for these inaccuracies (well, not really, depends on what you count as ownership) - the smaller text says "according to a German map from Dušan's period, found in military archive in Pecs" and "Bulgaria is shown as a tributary state"

So not a war goal, but a historical map. Though we sought to restore those borders, until the governing elite fell for the yugo meme against the recommendations of, like, the entirety of the military who actually ventured into Croatia and saw the mentality there.

Though we probably will never find out just how much did Dušan manage to conquer and subjugate, our national library got bombed by the nazis deliberately, destroying pretty much probably the only copies of some ancient shit, bits and pieces of which are found in the most random locations (primarily Russia)

Defrontation seems to be based on a Spanish term or something. When I googled it the first result was on Antarctic claims. Peru apparently claims they have the rights reserved for land and stewardship over an area, should they decide to make a claim. It links to a Wikipedia page describing it, but it is purely in Spanish. Perhaps the map or map it was based on was made to ridicule the idea.

https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teoría_de_la_defrontación

I believe the English equivalent would simply be "fronting" or "frontage"