TL-191: Yankee Joe - Uniforms, Weapons, and Vehicles of the U.S. Armed Forces

My thinking is that ITTL the US was the first to use sloped armour ( I think I remember Turtledove mentioning sloped) . The suspension came from a Sherman and the upper hull is the front half of a T-34 and the back half is the rear end of an Sd.Kfz. 234 armour car. The turret is half PT-76 and half 234 armour car again, the gun is a 75mm.
That sounds like an ugly as sin tank

I'm wondering if the OTL MKB could serve has the basis for 191 US assault rifles. I like the guns barrel anyways.
WeaponMKB.png

Its on the previous page, post #70.
Did you see the alt-Pederson I did?
Just looked at it. I stand by my statement, that tank is ugly as sin. That said it looks like an effective tank for the time frame we are talking but leave little for upgrade ability.

As to the alt-Pederson, it looks good

For various anti-confederate militias and resistance movements from SGW I was thinking something similar to the Resistance from man in the high castle. Having a more wealthy and urbanite appearance compared to their Confederate.

Think something similar to OTL Polish and French partisans from ww2 and various period gangster films.
601px-Man_in_the_High_Castle,_Thompsons.jpg
th (17).jpeg
20151125232902!Man_in_the_high_castle,_thompson,_resistance,_neutral.jpg

Will do something similar with an FN FAL later on. Here's this for now.

Oh! Well, this turned out nice! The editing for it is almost seamless too! What is this suppose to be though? Some kind of semi-auto rifle meant to replace the M1903 Springfield? Looks like it at least. Its a MAS and an STG combined right?

Oh! Well, this turned out nice! The editing for it is almost seamless too! What is this suppose to be though? Some kind of semi-auto rifle meant to replace the M1903 Springfield? Looks like it at least. Its a MAS and an STG combined right?
pattontank12 wanted another version of the carbine with the barrel from MKb42, the MKb42 was the predecessor to the STG-43 (which led to the 44). I like the one I did earlier with the the Enfield and M1 Carbine magazine but this one turned out pretty cool too. I'm going to do one more with the MKb42 and an FN-FAL and that'll be it for the carbine.

Folks here can then choose the one they like best.

Oh and the rest of the gun above is from a Mas-49, a post WWII French rifle.

For various anti-confederate militias and resistance movements from SGW I was thinking something similar to the Resistance from man in the high castle. Having a more wealthy and urbanite appearance compared to their Confederate.

Think something similar to OTL Polish and French partisans from ww2 and various period gangster films.

Well I wouldn't they look "wealthy", but definitely more than a few anti-confederate partisans would be from a working-class, urban background. Either way, I get what you mean, and like the style here. From 1941-1943, I can definitely see small groups of anti-confederate partisans sprouting up in occupied Ohio, since it would really be the only state that would be fully occupied by the Confederates and Mexicans. There's parts of Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Michigan that might be occupied as well.

In either case we'll probably see armed bands of fighters resisting the Confederates. And I believe quite a few of them would be from a working-class background, some of them probably retired veterans, sporting clothing just like this, augmented by whatever weapons and gear they can find.

Another alternate Carbine design, FN-FAL with MKb-42 barrel, FG-42 butstock and M1 Carbine magazine.

Got that FG42 influence here lol

Actually this might work as a post-war US battle-rifle concept too. I say that because, well, for the parts used here. There's a lot of influence from assault-rifles and battle-rifles in this one and the addition of a scope certainly makes it look very post-war going into Cold War. Can be a very portable, very handy weapon though! Certainly a good concept!

pattontank12 wanted another version of the carbine with the barrel from MKb42, the MKb42 was the predecessor to the STG-43 (which led to the 44). I like the one I did earlier with the the Enfield and M1 Carbine magazine but this one turned out pretty cool too. I'm going to do one more with the MKb42 and an FN-FAL and that'll be it for the carbine.

Folks here can then choose the one they like best.

Oh and the rest of the gun above is from a Mas-49, a post WWII French rifle.

I think there's also a version of the MAS-49 with an extended magazine right? Put that on there and you can even make it a true semi-auto or full-auto design. Would look like a higher-quality, beefier version of the Volkssturmgewehr 1-5 to me.

Either way, I do like this design! I think it works as more of a semi-auto rifle in my opinion, but that's just me. I think its because of the parts used here. Heck if anything the US Army in TL-191 just needs semi-auto akin to M1 Garand and I think they're good. But again, really digging this design.

What should this one be called?

How about this for a Union SMG? M3 Sub-gun with ventilated barrel shroud in a PPSH stock with a 50 rd. drum from a Thompson and dual triggers for semi and full auto from a Beretta Model 38/42.

View attachment 412028

The dual trigger is a unique touch here. I had no idea there were guns designed with different triggers in mind for semi-auto and full auto purposes. This one kind of reminds me of a PPsH-41, though crude and a little bent at the receiver area.

Take three. I went back and looked at some pics of WWII weapons and I noticed the the magazines on guns back then were not as close the pistol grip as they are today. So I made the basic body of the gun less boxy and I moved the magazine a little further forward of the trigger.

Yes, yes! This is looking quite good now! Actually for a weapon that's meant to be a carbine, it has all the look and feel of potentially being a submachine-gun too! In fact - if there was a light stock comparable to to, say, what the M3 Grease Gun, MP-40, or PPs-43 had this one might actually qualify more as a sub-machine-gun by look alone.

Either way, what I'm saying that this one looks pretty good! If ya want it as a carbine though, that's cool too honestly! It can work like that as well honestly. I'm just saying that now that I've looked at it again this one might qualify as a handy sub-machine gun too. Definitely has the "brutal, heavy" look to it down.

M1 Scout a light barrel from the mid war era design but still used for training purposes and by National Guard units.

This looks like a good post-Great War design too! Reminds me of the Stuart Tank. Would definitely be useful for light infantry support for American troops. God knows they need the firepower considering how handicapped they are on an individual basis. That's what I see this tank being used for as well at least - scouting and infantry support.