Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a confederate Golden circle?

Some of the states and territories seem far to small, especially considering most of the population would be disenfranchised.

Not Confederate, no. And a lot of them were originally military occupation districts. Some basically still are.

This is exactly what I thought, but as alternatehistory.com would have more older users, it is probable that much more people would get offended than if it was on, say Reddit.
Actually, I am offended because I am Autistic. No let us all leave this subject behind us.

Heres how I see all this: it's a meme, is it offensive in nature? Sure, but its used ironically, and there are memes out there equally offensive to basically every group of people on this planet, and finally I don't think memeing should be an offense on this forum

Is this a Free State of Alsace-Lorraine I'm seeing ?

Britain negotiated its independence after the Russian Civil war, hoping it would resolve Franco-German tensions

Great map! A couple questions: what's this German Reich all about? I suppose a democratic state? If so, how has it affected the balance of power within the League? I can't imagine the French are terribly enthusiastic about Goßdeutchland just across the border...

How has Russia's new Asiatic identity affected the Muslim and Turkic minorities within the country? Perhaps Russia is reminiscent to Dugin's Eurasianism?

What's that British protectorate in Central Asia?

A more democratized German Empire, the German Reich is the second in command after Great Britain. Though all ostensibly equal, The UK encourages Italy and France in their attempts to check German power, with Japan wavering between Germany and the UK. It's a pretty loveless relationship, but when you have a quasi-stalinist US to your West threatening Europe, and a revanchist Russia pressuring your east, you may be inclined to take in some strange bedfellows.

The ruling Asianist ideology of Russia is pro-Russian Orthodox Church and pretty anti-Semitic, but gives a much more lenient hand to say the Tatars and Kazakhs. Assimilation into the Russian identity is encouraged, but is not enforced by state violence.

Khiva, Bukhara, a resurrected Khokand, a Turkmen and Kyrgyz state, and British Turkestan

Is that...
Is that new state in Northern Indiana

Is that Gary?

Rise, Magic City of Steel!

It's weird that these communists have no ties to the actual US Communist or leftist movement!

They're more tied into the theme of the scenario than realistic

The New Economic Program is seeing some bookish types overseeing 'scientifically sound' agricultural methods, and a punch-card system is now what determines the value of the work you do each day. Some recent communist converts have some disturbing ideas about who has the capacity to live in a communist society, mostly looking at the black and Jewish NOCCs. Joseph Stanley is the head of this faction, and though he's an ambitious young man, he's still a fresh-off the boat from St. Kitts and Nevis. His fervent nationalism is not to be ignored either. He wishes to make America great, and it seems no one could stop him...

A good writeup and a good map!

Also, who would you think is the American Trofim Lysenko?

After winning the first Ottoman-Roman War, the Eastern Roman Empire, under the guide of victorious general Michael VI, went on a massive campaign to take back lost Roman lands. The pope, massively against this, called for a crusade against the Byzantines. No one exactly listened, so the ERE went on their campaign without much trouble. By 1453, Rome was taken, the pope having fled to the Vatican. The Visispainards, an extremist group, took control of Spain and Portugal, or what was left of them. England suffered a massive revolt, causing them to release Wales and Ireland. Denmark and Norway formally united and Poland-Lithuania had extended its rule. The Persians, bordering the ERE, decided to follow their rival north, subjecting many peoples under them. The Byzantines insighted a coup against the Shia rulers and installed a Orthodox ruler. Russia had united by this point, but Poland, Sweden, Persia, Denmark-Norway, and the ERE had set up vassals on their border with the new kingdom. Austria broke free from the HRE but suffered lost land by the Byzantines. The HRE continued to exist, only listening to the pope.
1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.