World War Z and beyond?

I recently re-read Max Brooks' novel, World War Z and was thinking about what World War Z could be like and what the world would look like the aftermath of V-C Day (Victory in China). So I was thinking - what does the rest of the world, besides the countries of the book, look like?

It seems to me that Max Brooks didn't elaborate too much on what happened to the rest of eastern Europe, Africa, Middle East and the Southeast Asian-Pacific theatres.

Well, population is way down, the world is an absolute mess, you can still get killed by a Z if you are not careful, it ain't a bowl of cherries.

Well, population is way down, the world is an absolute mess, you can still get killed by a Z if you are not careful, it ain't a bowl of cherries.
Obviously but I was wondering about the broader details of World War Z of which Max Brooks didn't write about - what does Africa outside of the United States of Southern Africa look like? What about the Middle East outside of Israel/Unified Palestine or Iran?

Obviously but I was wondering about the broader details of World War Z of which Max Brooks didn't write about - what does Africa outside of the United States of Southern Africa look like? What about the Middle East outside of Israel/Unified Palestine or Iran?

Africa will always be probably a mess. Corrupt government plus underfunded military would mean zombies must have poured out from neighboring infected states. Though regions like the Congo and West Africa would fare a little better since zombies would rot faster in a tropical rainforest.

Middle East was mentioned to have been hit hard. Saudi Arabia was mentioned to have burned their oil fields for now apparent reason while it is safe to assume much of the Mid-East received fall out from the Iran-Pakistan nuclear war.

Maybe an independent Kurdistan is a thing now? The mountainous terrain offers some decent natural zombie defenses.

The one thing that this map contradicts from the books is that the nation with the high population was Tibet with 10 million, so my take is the numbers on this list are high.

The book descriptions also seems to back these numbers up. For examples, the streets of Japan seems to suggest the vast majority are Zombified, as do the places like India where the surviviors are retreating into the mountains and the vast majority are probably dead. Europe and NA seem to do better but still, I'm thinking 9 out of 10 Zombified/dead.

The one thing that this map contradicts from the books is that the nation with the high population was Tibet with 10 million, so my take is the numbers on this list are high.

The book descriptions also seems to back these numbers up. For examples, the streets of Japan seems to suggest the vast majority are Zombified, as do the places like India where the surviviors are retreating into the mountains and the vast majority are probably dead. Europe and NA seem to do better but still, I'm thinking 9 out of 10 Zombified/dead.

I think you're mistaken - the books say Lhasa is the most populated city at 10 million.

I think you're mistaken - the books say Lhasa is the most populated city at 10 million.

Skimmed the book, could not confirm either figure. These suggest I'm right.

http://zombie.wikia.com/wiki/World_War_Z Look under Asia. It cites the book as stating Tibet is the most populus nation on earth.

http://future.wikia.com/wiki/Tibet_(World_War_Z) Mentions a postwar total population of 13,786,129 in 2034, which is consistant an immediate post war population of 10M.

I think a human population postwar between 100-200 million makes sense or is high based on the book.

world_war_z_by_ynot1989-dconaio.png

The unified command structure of the UN Security Council, 10 Years after Victory in China.

I think a human population postwar between 100-200 million makes sense or is high based on the book.

I think you're right about the world population. I'd guess maybe 200 million, just based on the book (I haven't seen the movie and considering the reviews, I'd rather not watch it).

Skimmed the book, could not confirm either figure. These suggest I'm right.

http://zombie.wikia.com/wiki/World_War_Z Look under Asia. It cites the book as stating Tibet is the most populus nation on earth.

http://future.wikia.com/wiki/Tibet_(World_War_Z) Mentions a postwar total population of 13,786,129 in 2034, which is consistant an immediate post war population of 10M.

Now the question is how did 6.8 billion people die due to what show shambling zombies and the great panic no but B_Munros take is far far more realistic

That is a very good idea.

Because the movie is, quite honestly, a bit of a train wreck. But the books hint at a human population which is severely reduced. The Greater Chongqing region boasted 35+ million people and, ten years after World War Z, has around 50,000.

Now the question is how did 6.8 billion people die due to what show shambling zombies and the great panic no but B_Munros take is far far more realistic

The book (which I'm going to use as a basis) suggests that the zombie virus spread through black market organs that had been infected, infected refugees who were hoping for a cure in the west, and just general human shortsightedness.

The book (which I'm going to use as a basis) suggests that the zombie virus spread through black market organs that had been infected, infected refugees who were hoping for a cure in the west, and just general human shortsightedness.

Which accounts from 97% of the human population somehow actually and this doesn't lead to the collapse of all human civilisation how?

Which accounts from 97% of the human population somehow actually and this doesn't lead to the collapse of all human civilisation how?

Bad tactics (Battle of Yonkers), bad conception of warfare, people unwilling to see the bigger threat of the zombies (a rogue Chinese sub nuked the Politburo). But they managed to stave off the collapse because a: plot and b: rallying once they figured out how to kill the zed-heads, using the Redecker plan, and generally being smarter about their tactics.

Bad tactics (Battle of Yonkers), bad conception of warfare, people unwilling to see the bigger threat of the zombies (a rogue Chinese sub nuked the Politburo). But they managed to stave off the collapse because a: plot and b: rallying once they figured out how to kill the zed-heads, using the Redecker plan, and generally being smarter about their tactics.

So humanity doesn't regress to 18th-century tech how? if 1/20th of the human population lives in one city than industrial society likely ceases to exist so A: Either the wiki is wrong or B: Max Brooks can't work out population numbers