What color scheme should Tellurus use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whoops I meant ‘other’. My bad.
Colored version
tellurus blankrivers.png

Timeline beginning (0-720 AF)
Tellurus timeline first draft

c. -300ky AF: Modern humans first appear in central Rhodin near the Hadban Plateau. The Middle Stone Age begins in Rhodin.
c. -250ky AF: *Neanderthals first appear in Hatar.
c. -225ky AF: Modern humans reach western Serratar (Serica).
c. -200ky AF: The world has a population of 300,000 modern humans, and an unknown number of *Neanderthals.
c. -190ky AF: Modern humans reach northern Ozara (and eventually Talamor) from Rhodin after crossing the Ashufe islands, which are land-bridges between the continents during colder eras.
c. -170ky AF: Humans have invented clothing by this year.
c. -120ky AF: The world's climate is warm as it reaches the peak of the interglacial period.
c. -117ky AF: Northern Ozara's desert regions become fertile grassland.
c. -112ky AF: The Last glacial period begins. The world's temperatures and sea levels drop.
c. -87ky AF: Northern Ozara becomes desert once again.
c. -79ky AF: Personal jewelry is invented in north Rhodin.
c. -72ky AF: The last large-scale migration between Rhodin and Ozara occurs.
c. -70.5ky AF: A (unnamed) supervolcano erupts in the Sund Archipelago, bringing the population of the human race as low as 15,000 when it creates volcanic winter for a few years.
c. -67ky AF: The oldest symbolic art, its meaning long ago lost, is created in central Ozara. It is only stones engraved with patterns, but marks the rise of human creativity.
c. -64ky AF: Modern humans and *Neanderthals interbreed and mix DNA in central Serratar and Rhodin.
c. -50ky AF: Sewing is invented by this point in Serratar.
c. -47ky AF: Ozaran deserts begin to become fertile and the Later Stone Age begins on the continent.
c. -40ky AF: Modern humans reach the *Neanderthal-populated Hatar.
c. -39ky AF: Fishing technology is improved greatly by the skilled ocean travelers of the Sund Archipelago. Deep sea fishes are easily caught by humans at this time, who slowly spread south toward Capricornia.
c. 37ky AF: Modern humans become alone in the world when *Neanderthals become completely extinct. The true cause of their demise is unknown.
c. 37ky AF: Human remains are cremated ritually for the first time in northern Capricornia, which is settled by humans around this time as well.
c. -32ky AF: Humans begin making humanlike figures as opposed to just animal-like ones around this time.
c. 30ky AF: Dogs are domesticated in Hatar and Sibirica by this time.
c. -28ky AF: The glaciers begin expanding once more, and the last glacial maximum before modern times begins.
c. -25.5ky AF: The Ateilu Plateau of Capricornia is fully colonized by people from Avarda or northern Capricornia.
c -25ky AF: Ropes and ovens are both invented around this time. The world's population reaches 1 million.
c. -23.3ky AF: The height of the last glacial maximum occurs at this point.
c. -23ky AF: People are using baskets and nets made from fibers by this period. Harpoons and saws are also invented.
c. -18ky AF: Humans begin crossing south through the arid regions of Capricornia.
c. -17ky AF: Pottery is used for the first recorded time in Serica. The Epipaleolithic, or late old stone age, begins in western Rhodin.
c. -13ky AF: Humans reach Equatoria around this time, the last continent to be inhabited by humans.
c. -12.5ky AF: Evidence of expansion by hunter-gatherers from the Kubuzor Mountains eastward towards the Central Hataric basin.
c. -11.5ky AF: The deserts of Rhodin and Ozara (possibly other places as well) becomes green and humid. Many people move into the newly habitable lands. The pig is domesticated at this time in some places.
c. -10ky AF: The beginning of the end of the last glaciation. The world's population is 3 million people.
c. -9800 AF: A large amount of freshwater is added to the world's oceans when a large glacial lake experiences an outbreak in Talamor. This cools the ocean's temperatures. Sheep are domesticated around this time as well.
c. -9700 AF: The climate suddenly cools, destroying the cereals eaten by the semi-sedentary Efotin in the Katal Rift Valley. This may have forced them to eventually develop agriculture.
c. -9000 AF: By this point, southern Capricornia, southern Equatoria and the Haluum islands have all been colonized by people. There would be no major expansion for humans until the glaciers receded.

BC12000.png

(Tellurus -8,800 AF)

c. -8800 AF: Goats are domesticated by humans in Rhodin and Serratar.
c. -8500 AF: Global warming suddenly accelerates, marking the beginning of the Holocene Epoch.
c- -8000 AF: Sea levels rise as the glaciers recede, and the first ever temples are built in Lotan (cental Serratar).
c. -7800 AF: The area around the future city of Edad is settled for the first time, making it the oldest permanent settlement.
c. -7500 AF: Cattle may have been domesticated at this point.
c. -7000 AF: The Neolithic begins in Miscaya. People begin burying their dead ancestor in the floors of buildings. Edad has city walls by this time, and thousands of people living in it.
c. -6800 AF: End of the last glaciation. Many large animals become endangered and sea levels rise throughout the world. Many people are now isolated.
c. -6000 AF: The oldest cities are created in the Miscaya valley of western Rhodin, and in the nearby region of Katal.
c. - 5800 AF: The Neolithic revolution begins as farming is develop in several areas. Wealth and inequality become a part of human life.
c. -5800 AF: Goats and dogs are domesticated, and copper is discovered.
c. -5000 AF: World population reaches 5 million. Life expectancy is incredibly low but rising with the advent of agriculture.
c. -4800 AF: Agriculture is developed in Miscaya and several other places, and sheep and cats are domesticated.
c. -3800 AF: Agriculture is also adopted in Serica and Esirta.
c. -3600 AF: Pigs are domesticated throughout the world by this point.
c. -3300 AF: Farming begins in Miscaya, leading to increased population and urbanization.
c. -2900 AF; The cow is domesticated in Miscaya.
c. -2800 AF: The last land-bridge connecting Yseia to mainland Hatar sinks beneath rising sea levels. The sea level rises 20 feet in 150 years. Sea levels also separate Tapron from Capricornia.
c. -2800 AF: Horses become endangered in Talamor. It would take millennia for their numbers to recover.
c.- 2800 AF: First use of copper in Miscaya. Agriculture spreads to Lotan and northern Ahurastan. Bricks are used in Ahurastan as well.
c. -2400 AF: The Blood Sea floods with salt water after having been blocked from both the Thalmedic and Aqta seas.
c. -2200 AF: Irrigation begins in Kyngir, a region near the mouth of the Miscayan river valley.
c. -2200 AF: Large volcanic eruption in Nifland to the far north occurs, having unknown effects on the world.
c. -2000 AF: The total number of people in the world is about 7 million.
c. -1900 AF: The first large temples are built in Miscaya. At this point priest-kings rule the small growing cities in the region.
c. -1800 AF: Farming and agriculture spread to Hatar, and the Mexas plateau and Unia in Talamor.
c. -1800 AF: Agriculture begins in Talamor and Equatoria, independently of the rest of the world.
c. -1200 AF: Water Buffalo domesticated in Serica.
c. - 1100 AF: Brewing of alcohol and other liquids is invented in Miscaya.
c. -900 AF: Sailboats, the wheel, astronomy, astrology, civil law and mathematics are all slowly developed and created in Kyngir and Miscaya over the next millennium.
c.-800 AF: The world's population is about 10 million people.
c. - 800 AF: Rise of the Knoasic Civilization on the island of Hekila in the Pelasian archipelago.
c. -800 AF: The horse is domesticated in central Serratar.
c. -800 AF: Potter's wheel invented in Esirta (between Katal and Ahurastan).
c. -700 AF: People begin using the plough.
c. -600 AF: Proto-Miscayan settlements in southern Rhodin are abandoned. Mass graves are created in Katal, likely caused by heavy warfare.
c. -500 AF: Early settlers in Yseia begin building large amounts of monuments serving religious/time recording purposes.
c. -400 AF: Civilization begins in Kyngir. Irrigation and urbanization has led to a massive population increase.
c. -400 AF: First recorded use of mummification in the Arhasi region, as a way of preserving ancestors/leaders.
c. -300 AF: The Arhasi basin and northern Ozara begin transforming from semi-arid savanna to full blown desert. Mass emigration to the river valleys occurs.
c. -300 AF: Tin is discovered. Bronze tools are used in Kyngir.
c. -300 AF: Wheeled vehicles spread from Miscaya to Ahurastan and Hatar.
c. -300 AF: The first proper cities are founded in Miscaya, things like dams, canals, inclined planes and levers are invented and used.
c. - 200 AF: Archaic cuneiform sees usage in Miscaya, proto-writing using symbols for characters.
c. -100 AF: The central Rhodin and northern Ozara have fully desertified at this point, forcing the inhabitants to settle near rivers, most of which begin farming and irrigating.
c. -100 AF: Proto-writing begins in the Arhasi river valley, the land known as Tymria. It appears in the form of small ivory and clay tags used as labels for containers. They also begin using cattle in this area, and domesticate the wild ass (very funny). Several independent states form along the river.
c. -100 AF: The Rasan Civilization begins in northeastern Avarda, the first true civilization in the subcontinent and sees the rise of city-states in the area.
c. -100 AF: The Bronze age begins in the Katalian and Miscayan valleys.
c. -50 AF: By this point, several city-states are established in Kyngir. The most influential in this era were Nissar and Marun.
-25 AF: Supposed year the mythical figure An-Luru rose to power in Nidunu, a smaller city state in Kyngir. He is said to have conquered or defeated the other cities of Kyngir, Edad, Urubar and Esirta during his reign, making him the leader of one of the first ever empires. He becomes the first king in Kyngir.
1 AF (Akwar's Founding / After Founding): The City of Akwar is founded in the Miscayan valley, and it's founders begin using a pictogram writing language, This date is used by several later empires as a way to trace back their lineage and legitimize their claims. It soon rises in power in Kyngir. Legend writes that the city was founded by Nidunuan King An-Luru, on top of an already existing smaller settlement.
65 AF: Supposed year of the death of An-Luru, if the legends turn out to be true. His empire collapses entirely upon his death, with the new city of Akwar becoming dominant over Nidunu and other cities for a time. No city-state's leader holds the title of king after him, and all eventually begin fighting for control to prove themselves worthy of the title.
70 AF: Tymria is united for the first time. All the states are conquered by Lord Akben of Riphem, who makes it the capital of the entire country.
c.100 AF: Drainage/sewage systems created in Avarda.
125 AF: Nidunu is destroyed by a flooding of the Miscaya river and the last alleged descendant of An-Luru is killed. The city is rebuilt over the next decades. The other cities of the region are affected as well, but to a lesser known extent.
c.200 AF: The population of the world is around 25 million by this year.
c. 200 AF: Bronze age begins in Knoas.
c.220 AF The dominant cities of Kyngir are Akwar, Marun and Nissar. Smaller cities are Nidunu, Nagshe, Surun and Narshu.

BC3000.png

(220 AF
Two nascent civilizations exist in the dry northwestern corner of the continent of Rhodin. In the north, the civilization of the Tymrians, irrigating the Arhasi river and previously disunited, have been brought together under a single dynasty, which has ruled since 70 AF.
The second is the civilization of the Kyngirians, in the large Miscayan valley of western Rhodin. Many small city states, sharing the same language and this newly invented creation called writing, preside on the southern bank of the Miscaya river. Having long been ruled by priest-kings, a new era is dawning, an era that will mark the first chapters of history.)

c.300 AF: Approximate year that Edad is founded on the ruins of an older settlement north of Kyngir, lower on the Miscaya river. This gives them an advantage in river trade over the other city-states.
c. 300 AF: Akwar is the richest city in Kyngir, and the largest in the world with 30,000 inhabitants.
c.330 AF: Akwar conquers Nissar and Nidunu, its lord declares himself King, the first since the death of An-Luru (if he existed).
c.350 AF: Supposed founding of the semi-mythical Gandao Kingdom
c.330-600 AF: Very vague details about political events in Miscaya during this time period.
c.460 AF: Nissar becomes dominant over Akwar at this point, taking the Kingship as well. Nidunu also becomes independent again.
c.600 AF: Nidunu defeats Nissar and takes the Kingship.
c. 600 AF: Camels are domesticated.
c.620 AF: Akwar's lords become King for the second time after they burn down Nidunu.
620 AF: Writing is developed fully in Kyngir and Tymria, and recorded history officially begins.
675 AF: Edad is abandoned for a generation after it is burned down and destroyed by warriors from the neighboring city-state of Terit (possibly aided by the Urubarans).
680 AF: The kingship goes to Marun in northeastern Kyngir.
697 AF: Edad is reestablished, with it's new lord declaring himself king (separate from the kingship feud of Kyngir). Other Edadian cities (Terit, Muqihar, and Tuqut) are later conquered as well.
c. 700 AF: Uhaakin people settle in Katal, their origins are unknown.
700 AF: Kutarim in Rasan is the largest city in the world, with about 50,000 people.
714 AF: Akwar defeats Marun and the city-states in between as well, its ruling dynasty becoming kings a third time.
720 AF: OFFICIAL START OF TIMELINE(2500 BC) Kyngir begins using a calendar that sets the founding of Akwar by An-Luru as year 1, and the current year as 720. The Kyngir kings in Akwar use this as mentioned before. It's spreads to the rest of the world much later.
c.720 AF onwards : Great pyramids are built in Kaerm and Tymria, along with many large temples. Scribes flourish in Kyngir.
c.720 AF: Sutarba is established east of Kyngir. Cities north and east of Kyngir grow in power.

BC2500.png

(720 AF: Half a millennium later, and civilization has spread across the sea. The spread of writing leads to civilization forming northwest of the Kyngirians, many different tribes forming nation states. There are :
KYNGIR: The OGs. Already ancient at this point. Invented writing and perfected irrigation. They build large temples in each city to patron gods(They're basically Sumerians). Don't know it right know but they're past their prime.
SUTARBANS: A newer city-state upriver from Kyngir, they have have embraced writing and civilization, but that's not enough for some. At least one cup-bearer to a city's king has his mind on bigger and better things.
URUBARANS: Embracing writing greatly, have taking to archiving all of their short history so far. They speak a "Syriac" language similar to Eblaite. Already been in the city business for thousands of years.
EDAD: Similar to Mariote in language, they're the opposing group to Kyngir on the Miscaya River. About to start a hundred year long war with Urubar. It should be paying more attention to the south than the north, but they'll find out.
To the north of them lie the UHAAKIN tribes, polytheistic and reaping the benefits of their strategic location. One major tribe worships Nagadu, a fertility god with the body of a man and fish combined. Their people cross the straits of Katal to border the next land. They speak a language like that of early Canaanites.
ESIRTA: Combining a language isolate and Sutarban cuneiform, creates an odd place. House Navas rules the land during this time. Trade and cross-naval invasion are common with the Miscayans. They are most akin to Elam.
RASAN: Successful and prosperous, the Rasan people thrive in their irrigated cities. They are among the oldest civilizations, and incredibly peaceful compared to their neighbors. Equivalent to Harappa.
On an island in the Thalmedic, lies KNOAS. A thousand years after beginning the use of bronze tools, several towns have become prosperous enough to exert power over the nearby areas. They mostly trade with the natives of the other islands and the peninsulas to the west. Basically Minoans.
Going east, the TYMRIAN civilization continues growing in the Arhasi. It now has a new neighbor, the KAERM, in the south. From the Kaerm they learn pyramid building. Both nations know, or care, little of the other lands. Egypt and Nubia.
Far to the west, lie the early GANDAO kingdoms, whose dynasty has recently been overthrown by upstarts that will last for thousands of years. Or, at least that's what their descendants will write down.)

Last edited:

SuperZtar64

Banned
Thanks for the compliment. Why do you think it's perfect? In my opinion, it could always be better.
Well, when I say perfect I mean that it is so detailed and so well-documented with a world so diverse that one, with minimal effort, could effectively craft any kind of society they wanted somewhere here. It has endless possibilities and I think that's truly beautiful.

Or maybe it's just the fact that I feel honored simply looking at it, who knows?

Well, when I say perfect I mean that it is so detailed and so well-documented with a world so diverse that one, with minimal effort, could effectively craft any kind of society they wanted somewhere here. It has endless possibilities and I think that's truly beautiful.

Or maybe it's just the fact that I feel honored simply looking at it, who knows?
That's really awesome that you think that, because I made this world with the hopes that once it's "good enough", everyone on AH.com can use it.
If you ever want a specific map of Tellurus, just let me know. :)

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I'm in a really tough part in my life and not feeling really good right now, these maps are one of the few things that make me feel better, and I'm really happy that you guys enjoy them and thankful for all the help and support with them.

In more serious matters, I'll post the next part of the timeline as soon as I'm not sick. Also, if anyone has any ideas for town names/gods/religions, feel free to share them. Naming is probably the hardest part for me. :)
Here's a random map I haven't posted, cause why not?
cover tellurus.png

Deleted member 105545

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I'm in a really tough part in my life and not feeling really good right now, these maps are one of the few things that make me feel better, and I'm really happy that you guys enjoy them and thankful for all the help and support with them.

In more serious matters, I'll post the next part of the timeline as soon as I'm not sick. Also, if anyone has any ideas for town names/gods/religions, feel free to share them. Naming is probably the hardest part for me. :)
Here's a random map I haven't posted, cause why not?
View attachment 408679
I'm going through a rough patch in my life too, so I get it. The fact that you can create so much stuff so fast is honesty astonishing. This is probably my 2nd favorite ConWorld, second only to A Song of Ice and Fire.