Pop Culture Timelines Go-To Thread

1. What I said is still true, since I didn't say DQ did it first
2. My point was that the western release of DQ was at a bad time
Ehh Western release of DQ was in 1988 much after zelda and nintendo asked iwata , hori and other to improve the game for western release..but still failed, maybe as western have direct access to ultima and wizardy, a 'cute' version of both games would never got that traction.

If they game is a failure like OTL just a shorter nerd episode...if sucess a minor franchise?

Well, there'd be a few changes needed to be made for this TL

1. Full focus on Cheetahmen as a game.
2. Longer development time. They were only given three months to make 52 games. Maybe give them a year with only a single game to make. Maybe with a 1992 release

Also, they had plans for the Action Gamemaster, which could be turned into a potential CD add-on for the SNES in place of the Sony plans or Phillips CD-I, but that's a bit of a stretch of possibility.

For the direction, I would go for a solid success as a late-cycle NES game that would give Active the leeway to get a comic or cartoon series going like they had planned and then maybe make the franchise Nintendo-exclusive (though the idea of making a Genesis port for Cheetahmen is also an option I'm exploring.)

http://bootleggames.wikia.com/wiki/Action_Gamemaster

Well, there'd be a few changes needed to be made for this TL
At best i could see Cheetamen being a lite TMNT game(the action platformer, not the beat em up) and maybe a minor 4chan meme in the future, anything else would be a massive wank, but if they become competent rather a scam, they could be a minor game studio

At best i could see Cheetamen being a lite TMNT game(the action platformer, not the beat em up) and maybe a minor 4chan meme in the future, anything else would be a massive wank, but if they become competent rather a scam, they could be a minor game studio

A bit of a wank, yeah. As far as gameplay I was thinking each of the three Cheetahmen had a different playstyle (Hermes/Mercury (haven't figured out if I wanna go with Greek or Roman on the names) would be platformer, Ares/Mars would be beat-em-up and Apollo would be some form of shooter.) and I can see Cheetahmen going for about three games before the franchise is done game-wise. In other media, it'd depend on what was going on in the industries at the time, who would pick up Cheetahmen as a comic (if they don't release it independent) and what networks would pick up the cartoon, competition and the like. Vince Perri had a grand vision for Cheetahmen and while I can't see it being the biggest thing of the 90s, I can see people liking it at the time.

A bit of a wank, yeah. As far as gameplay I was thinking each of the three Cheetahmen had a different playstyle (Hermes/Mercury (haven't figured out if I wanna go with Greek or Roman on the names) would be platformer, Ares/Mars would be beat-em-up and Apollo would be some form of shooter.) and I can see Cheetahmen going for about three games before the franchise is done game-wise. In other media, it'd depend on what was going on in the industries at the time, who would pick up Cheetahmen as a comic (if they don't release it independent) and what networks would pick up the cartoon, competition and the like. Vince Perri had a grand vision for Cheetahmen and while I can't see it being the biggest thing of the 90s, I can see people liking it at the time.
Battletoads were popular as were nicely done and hard, and rare admit was a blatant copy of TMNT(that is why we make the crossover in MM, as was the perfect chance), so cheetahmen with good care and luck could pull it too, is possible...for a comic, i can imagine image comics or dark horse picking up.

Battletoads were popular as were nicely done and hard, and rare admit was a blatant copy of TMNT(that is why we make the crossover in MM, as was the perfect chance), so cheetahmen with good care and luck could pull it too, is possible...for a comic, i can imagine image comics or dark horse picking up.

Oh God... Rob Liefeld's Cheetahmen...

Also, I'm considering a possible Battletoads vs. Cheetahmen on the SNES, because how can you not?

Oh God... Rob Liefeld's Cheetahmen...

Also, I'm considering a possible Battletoads vs. Cheetahmen on the SNES, because how can you not?
Is as awesome screw up as you thinked it? because that would be.

Yeah the perfect crossover of two plagiarismo cash grab franchises....

Is as awesome screw up as you thinked it? because that would be.

Yeah the perfect crossover of two plagiarismo cash grab franchises....

Now I'm just imagining the shade that Cheetahmen throw at the Turtles in comics and cartoons. Like how Ares might be the slowest of the team, but he's still faster than any turtle.