Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a just-for-fun map of what the next PEI provincial election might look like based on current polls, since it's the election I'm anticipating most for next year. I basically just eyeballed what the swing in each riding could theoretically be if the swing was mostly uniform across the province (with the Greens performing slightly better in Charlottetown than elsewhere). I also bumped up the turnout by a couple hundred in each riding due to the rise of the Greens and the concurrent referendum on electoral reform that will be taking place simultaneously. I expected to have to alter my eyeballed results after tallying up the vote percentages across the province, but they ended up being fairly in line with the latest polls; by happenstance, the Greens ended up being only one vote behind the Liberals.

(To make the map, I definitely just ripped DrRandomFactor's 2015 map from Wikipedia and painted over it.)

nnCS3bC.png

Rhn8nrg.png

2000 if Nader won his home state of Connecticut

genusmap.php

George Bush - 335 electoral votes / 39.87 percent popular vote
Ralph Nader - 200 electoral votes / 35.74 percent popular vote
Al Gore - 3 electoral votes / 23.38 percent popular vote

1996 if Perot had won his home state of Texas

genusmap.php

Ross Perot - 437 electoral votes / 48.4 percent popular vote
Robert Dole - 71 electoral votes / 20.7 percent popular vote
Bill Clinton - 29 electoral votes / 29.2 percent popular vote

U.S. with Canadian parties:
JXuMTLc.png

American politics has typically been dominated by two parties, the Conservatives and Labor. Traditionally, the Conservatives were the party of white-collar businessmen, while Labor was branded the party of the working man. The Deep South and the West are the cores of the Conservative Party, while the Midwest and Appalachia are the traditional cores of the Labor Party. The parties have straddled between center and center-left (for Labor) / center-right (for Conservatives) depending on the party leadership. This two-party system has been usurped by the recent rise of the left-wing New Democratic Party, which has taken hold of urban centers especially in the Northeast and West Coast. The separatist, big-tent Texas Group was once a dominant force in Texas politics, but has lost a lot of influence over the past decade and the Conservatives have emerged as the predominant force in Texas. The Greens can only be found in the most left-wing parts of the country, occasionally proving competitive in races in San Francisco, parts of the Boston area, and Burlington, Vermont.

Wouldn’t you need a Bloc Québécois in like the South West ?

Wouldn’t you need a Bloc Québécois in like the South West ?
The Texas Group is a stand-in for the Bloc Quebecois. Just like how the Bloc Quebecois is not as widespread as it was 10-15 years ago, the Texas Group is no longer a dominant force in Texan politics.

What about Utah and the surrounding areas? Or perhaps the Pacific Northwest?
I'd say secessionists in that area are mere fringe groups (to a greater extent than Texas).

The Texas Group is a stand-in for the Bloc Quebecois. Just like how the Bloc Quebecois is not as widespread as it was 10-15 years ago, the Texas Group is no longer a dominant force in Texan politics.

I'd say secessionists in that area are mere fringe groups (to a greater extent than Texas).
I just thought it would be a Confederate Block in the Deep South...

Sepratist New Mexico would be a good choice then?
Unfortunately, New Mexico is small enough that a secessionist party would be ignored. There are only 4 states in the US that I can imagine (with a post-1900 POD) having a real movement: Texas, California, Alaska and Hawaii.

1992 if Perot won his home state of Texas

genusmap.php

Ross Perot - 348 electoral votes / 38.7 percent popular vote
Bill Clinton - 139 electoral votes / 33.0 percent popular vote
George Bush - 51 electoral votes / 27.5 percent popular vote

This is another Democratic landslide, this one based on the 2000 Presidential Election. I like this map in particular because Gore does well in both rural and suburban/urban areas, providing a nice buffer between the better rural Democratic performances of the 80s and 90s and the more suburban/urban coalitions of the later 2000s.

tVRjpbn.jpg

This is another Democratic landslide, this one based on the 2000 Presidential Election. I like this map in particular because Gore does well in both rural and suburban/urban areas, providing a nice buffer between the better rural Democratic performances of the 80s and 90s and the more suburban/urban coalitions of the later 2000s.

tVRjpbn.jpg
What states would Gore win here?

Here's a map for the New Rutherford Scenario that I haven't posted here: the map of the presidential results by congressional district, compared with the congressional results in those districts. Dark blue districts are districts won by both President Rutherford and a Democratic congressional candidate (both incumbents and non-incumbents). Light blue districts are districts won by President Rutherford and a Republican congressional candidate (both incumbents and non-incumbents). Dark red districts are districts won by both Senator Leach and a Republican congressional candidate (both incumbents and non-incumbents). Light red districts are districts won by Senator Leach and a Democratic congressional candidate (both incumbents and non-incumbents). All total, President Rutherford wins 281 of the 284 Democratic districts and 113 of the 151 Republican districts; Senator Leach carries 3 Democratic districts and 38 Republican districts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.