Status
Not open for further replies.
After ten years as a half-hour newscast on UPN, Hard Copy spun off into an all new channel.

On January 6, 2000, the USA Network group, co-owned by MCA and Paramount Communications officially launched the Hard Copy Network to compete with CNN (Turner), Headline News (Time-Life) and MSNBC (Disney).

hqdefault.jpg

Chairman:
Roger Ailes

Anchors:
Matt Lauer
Sean Hannity
Alan Colmes
Paula Zahn
Bill O'Reilly
Charlie Rose​
So which network is the leftist, one, which is the right winger, and winch is the centerist.

Here's a novel thought...how about none of them are any of those things?
How about we have the news maintain that thing that used to be called "journalistic integrity", which by definition is non-partisan?

That would be nice, but I dunno if I can guarantee non-partisan news can continue on ITTL.

Great job on this TL so far!! :cool:

Any chance you could do a story about MST3K and the movie based on the show?

Certainly.

Mystery Science Theatre 3000 ran from 1989 to 1999 on Comedy Central. ITTL, Comedy Central is owned by Time-Life Inc. Ha! still exists, and is owned by the USA Network Group, which in turn, is shared by MCA and Paramount Communications. However, CC has kicked Ha's butt in the ratings for eight straight years, and USA might be looking to restructure the network into...I dunno...Spike or something.

Anyways, the MST3K show is pretty much the same as OTL.

As for the movie, 20th Century Fox, which Time-Life also owns, gave the MST3K movie a wider release with a better marketing campaign. The film runs the same as OTL, and has been released to VHS and Laserdisc with a double-disc DVD aimed at diehard MST3K fans on the horizon later this year.

After ten years as a half-hour newscast on UPN, Hard Copy spun off into an all new channel.

On January 6, 2000, the USA Network group, co-owned by MCA and Paramount Communications officially launched the Hard Copy Network to compete with CNN (Turner), Headline News (Time-Life) and MSNBC (Disney).

hqdefault.jpg

Chairman:
Roger Ailes

Anchors:
Matt Lauer
Sean Hannity
Alan Colmes
Paula Zahn
Bill O'Reilly
Charlie Rose​
So I'm guessing ITTL Charlie Rose (the show on PBS) ended early or something? Damn Hannity is the only good one on this roster, I have no idea who Colmes or Zahn are

So I'm guessing ITTL Charlie Rose (the show on PBS) ended early or something? Damn Hannity is the only good one on this roster, I have no idea who Colmes or Zahn are

IOTL, the late Alan Colmes used to be Sean Hannity's co host in the early days of the Fox News Channel.

Paula Zahn was also one of the original FNC anchors IOTL.

Charlie Rose is moving his show to the Hard Copy Network full time later this year, but right now, he is simulcasting on both PBS and Hard Copy. Rose was in the running to conduct those animator interviews a few pages back but Igeo and a couple other users preferred Larry King.

Lauer as I said was brought back to the Today show after his initial replacements were met with poor reception from viewers. Shepard Smith, Stone Phillips, Bryant Gumbel and Ahmad Rashad are in the running to take Lauer's place at NBC.

Entertainment news for mid-January 2000
GAME SHOW JUGGERNAUT PUTS TV EMPIRE FOR SALE

Citing declining health, legendary TV host and game show mogul Merv Griffin, 74, released a press statement announcing he is placing his production company for sale. The man behind Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy among others will meet with potential buyers next week.

THE JOKE IS OVER FOR HA!

Citing steep ratings declines in the last eight years, the USA Network Group announces that Ha!, the arch rival to Time-Life's wildly successful Comedy Central, will undergo a complete relaunch in early 2001. As for what direction Ha! will take moving forward, nobody really knows.

THIS LIL' CABLE BOX AIN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR TWO COUNTRY MUSIC CHANNELS!

CBS, which owns both The Nashville Network (TNN) and Country Music Television (CMT) could be relaunching one of the networks early next year, sensing redundancy between the two brands.

Perhaps turmp convies CBS to sell him either tnn or cmt networks instead of relaunching one. I like the idea of him buying tnn. He would probbly change the name to Trump National Network

February 2000 Movies
Snow Day
snow-day-DI.jpg

Released by USA Films and Nickelodeon Movies. Same as OTL.

Scream 3
cover-scream-3.png

Released ITTL by Grand Diamond. Same as OTL

Reindeer Games
reindeer-games-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Released ITTL by Trump Manhattan. Same as OTL

The Beach
MV5BZGNjMDYxOTUtYzNhNS00ZTZjLWFkOWYtMGMyNDk4MTJmOGY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTMzNTIwMjE@._V1_.jpg

Released ITTL by New Line Cinema. Same as OTL. As of 2018, it still ranks as the least popular film in Leo's filmography among moviegoers.​

Status
Not open for further replies.