A Blank Map Thread

Repost of map of Europe 1914:

Euro1870.png

Last edited:

Acenos

Banned
Has anyone here made a "Green Antarctica" styled greenland and fitted it onto the robinson projection Worlda Map yet or a arctic centered worlda? I'm not sure if the lake is necessary at all or if its just due to the weight of the ice and thus it wouldnt have such a lake.
2f14ab991402c67b04baf4649e43bcf9.jpg

Also, has anyone tried to fit in this version of "green antarctica" onto the robinson projection worlda yet?

the_southern_continent___part_ii_by_louisthefox-d9e0ns8.png

RvBOally already did one but he used a version with less land:
green_antarctica_worlda_by_rvbomally-db0khly.png

fantasy_ice_free_antarctica_by_rubberduck3y6.png

Also a few more requests:

- Kerguelen for Robinson Worlda:
mu_by_rubberduck3y6.png

- and Zelandia for Robinson Worlda:
lemuria_by_rubberduck3y6.png

And also a map of the doggerland (the dogger bank as and island) for the worlda map

Acenos

Banned
Can somebody please convert this map as a patch to replace the default antarctica on the standard worlda Map (which is in robinson projection)?

Can somebody please convert this map as a patch to replace the default antarctica on the standard worlda Map (which is in robinson projection)?

Try the map requests thread. This thread is for posting completed blank maps.

By the way, people don't become more inclined to help you by simply asking lots of times. I'm quite sure a few people have already muted you because of your repeated requests for the same thing. It's bordering on spam.

Acenos

Banned
Try the map requests thread. This thread is for posting completed blank maps.

By the way, people don't become more inclined to help you by simply asking lots of times. I'm quite sure a few people have already muted you because of your repeated requests for the same thing. It's bordering on spam.

i already did ans so far nobody has done it yet

tbh, I probably would at some point, but I'm in no hurry. Maybe a few months down the line I might.

Frankly, the way you act as if something must be done RIGHT NOW really does a lot to incentivise me to shift it even lower down on my priority list.

You might want to think on the fact that it's been a few days, tops, since you first issued you request (which frankly comes across more and more like a demand). Most maps don't get made in such a short time, except by the very top tier of map makers, who not unreasonably, charge for their services.

Has anyone here made a "Green Antarctica" styled greenland and fitted it onto the robinson projection Worlda Map yet or a arctic centered worlda? I'm not sure if the lake is necessary at all or if its just due to the weight of the ice and thus it wouldnt have such a lake.
2f14ab991402c67b04baf4649e43bcf9.jpg

Also, has anyone tried to fit in this version of "green antarctica" onto the robinson projection worlda yet?

RvBOally already did one but he used a version with less land:
green_antarctica_worlda_by_rvbomally-db0khly.png

fantasy_ice_free_antarctica_by_rubberduck3y6.png

Also a few more requests:

- Kerguelen for Robinson Worlda:
mu_by_rubberduck3y6.png

- and Zelandia for Robinson Worlda:
lemuria_by_rubberduck3y6.png

And also a map of the doggerland (the dogger bank as and island) for the worlda map
That's really cool. Two comments:

- Yes it is absolutely due to the glaciers. In a few million years, if the ice doesn't return, and with an infinite supply of MREs and nothing approaching a real life, you will be able to walk from Tierra del Fuego to Ellesmere Island. Greenland is much the same.

- You mixed up Zealandia and Kerguelen.

Acenos

Banned
Before you can consider this as spam, is anyone here willing to make a patch of Antarctica from the "Great White South" alternat ehistory timeline for the standard Worlda projection which is in robinson?

This time i was able to find a similar looking deglaciated antarctica from the "risk 2100" ma:
sBl0Ing.png

Compared with the OTL Antarctica:
kLiezH7.png

For further assistance, This is what i was able to cobble together in G.Projector:
map3-png.406420

UypZluR.png

I hate it when switching from polar to rectangular causes those pesky antialias blurs.

This should make handling the request much easier now

Before you can consider this as spam, is anyone here willing to make a patch of Antarctica from the "Great White South" alternat ehistory timeline for the standard Worlda projection which is in robinson?

I hate it when switching from polar to rectangular causes those pesky antialias blurs.

This should make handling the request much easier now

You've done all the hard reprojecting yourself and all you need to do now is redraw the coastlines by hand. Why not just do it yourself? I mean there is clearly nobody very interested in doing this and its super easy to do.

Is there an easy way of locating the major maps on this forum? I often find myself sifting through dozens upon dozens of pages trying to find the most recent iteration of the Q-Bam, M-Bam, or VT-Bam. Is there some central place to find these maps (specifically with first and second level subdivisions) without rooting around unproductively for hours on end?

Acenos

Banned
You've done all the hard reprojecting yourself and all you need to do now is redraw the coastlines by hand. Why not just do it yourself? I mean there is clearly nobody very interested in doing this and its super easy to do.

its the antialiasing that makes this impossible. not to mention im not really that good at drawing it since im not used to the distortion

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
its the antialiasing that makes this impossible. not to mention im not really that good at drawing it since im not used to the distortion
Stop.

REPEAT: STOP.

There is clearly not going to be a positive response to this request.

Cease and desist.