Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Why does Gaza get its own color? Jerusalem I get, but not that.

Also, oof, some minor border gore going on there. I get that they're trying to do things along ethnic lines, but 7, 13, and 16 are like, nothing but panhandles.
probably just a unique status
The website says it'd be excluded from the federation, so presumably either independent or Egyptian again.
It's already semi-independent to my knowledge so I believe that's why they had it excluded

It's already semi-independent to my knowledge so I believe that's why they had it excluded

The website said that Gaza would be excluded from the federation.

Why does Gaza get its own color? Jerusalem I get, but not that.

Also, oof, some minor border gore going on there. I get that they're trying to do things along ethnic lines, but 7, 13, and 16 are like, nothing but panhandles.

The borders of the cantons bother me

k0HoshB.png

Dig a deep wide canal and fill in the northern strait of the Irish Sea. Simples!

(originally from Punch magazine, 1913)

?
Olster Isthmus.png

American Greenland.png

In 1946, the United States offered Denmark $100 million (the equivalent of $1.35 billion in today's money) in exchange for all of Greenland. Denmark refused, but allowed the U.S. to build Thule Air Base on the landmass.

Spéciale décidace à @Augenis

THE LITHUANIAN PROBLEM
by Marian Świechowski
Le_Probleme_Lithuanien-001_text_map_PBC.jpg

Basically a proposed solution to the issue of Polish-Lithuanian borders, especially with the crisis of Kaunas/Kovno. French diplomacy really recieved a blunder there because while supporting Poland, there was a real fear that it would push Lithuania in the arms of Germany, if not Bolshevik Russia.
A common mentioned "solution" in 1923 was that Poland could integrated Lithuania as a whole into a new federation, on which Lithuania would be dominated but allowed a greater territory involving much of NW Poland.

(The picture doesn't seems to load correctly, so I put a link in the title)

The text basically say that while Lithuania really wants to unilateraly impose its territorial hegemony, (sic.) then Poland would be ready to integrate Lithuania in a new Polish-Lithuanian federal state (Red stripes over Yellow and white)
Now, if Lithuanians are still bent against Poland and favoring Germany, that would be their choice (if irrational) and they would be let as a client state of Germany is they want so, but only based on "ethnographic Lithuania" (blue stripes). Poland would even let some territories outside agreed 1920 border in exchange of Kaunas/Kowno.

That tentacle into Lithuanian territory to take that small enclave of Polish speakers around Kėdainiai is cancer and if I ever see it in any AH.com map or timeline, I will throw cold cepelinai at the windows of the perpetrator.

This isn't as much as a proposal but rather something which actually existed for like almost ten years. These are the PRoC's territorial subdivisions in 1949, and they mostly stayed like this until the late 1950s. Provinces and autonomous regions are in blue, territories in pink, separate municipalities in red. Since there are proposals to divide the bigger Chinese provinces even today, this is something one could easily draw inspiration from. Here is a list with all the data on them, including their abolition dates.

1949_PRC_map.png

Last edited:
What could've the US possibly hoped to gain by buying Greenland?
Apart from a closer base to European Russia (flying through the North Pole saves a lot of time) a vaste land full of natural resources the US could exploit, such as oil, fishing rights, coal etc...