Tellurus: a worldbuilding project

What color scheme should Tellurus use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Finished river maps
At long last, the rivers (and the terrain by proxy) are finally completed! If anyone wants a certain version of the map(blank, major rivers only, river basins), just let me know.
tellurus_rivers.png
phys_newtellurus_rivers.png
clim_newtellurus_rivers.png

Hey Frank and clan! Just thought I'd say I'm really appreciating the level of commitment and detail you guys are showing, it a really fine world you have here which I see is still very much growing! Congratulations on finishing your rivers, I'll be following this to see how you plan on placing you're cultures and ethnicities. I'm an anthropology buff who is already a participant in another collab project and if I can chime in when I come back here I'd love to make some suggestions based on what I've learned. I'll say this much, the migration patterns on this world are going to be pretty different to old earth. The continents are much closer with they're being a very limited distinction between 'Old' and 'New' worlds and many of your coastal regions are breeding grounds for expansionist maritime cultures so expect a lot of intermixing early one and a more multi-polar world than our RW.

The geography here is some of the very best I've seen on a fictional world, you really have pushed the bar higher with this level of detail and your climates and environments seem just about right for the arrangement of landmasses you have. There really is nothing more to say on this.

Carry on doing God's work: World-building.

Introducing

JacobFenrir

Amazing work! Really interesting level of detail with the extra maps on geologic periods. Keep it up!

The continents are much closer with they're being a very limited distinction between 'Old' and 'New' worlds and many of your coastal regions are breeding grounds for expansionist maritime cultures so expect a lot of intermixing early one and a more multi-polar world than our RW.
ing.

Wouldn't having two moons make seafaring really hard and risky? I mean depending on the distance of the moons from Tellurus the tides would be crazy and the tides almost unpredictable for a more primitive society.

Amazing work! Really interesting level of detail with the extra maps on geologic periods. Keep it up!

Wouldn't having two moons make seafaring really hard and risky? I mean depending on the distance of the moons from Tellurus the tides would be crazy and the tides almost unpredictable for a more primitive society.
The smaller moon is farther away, so it's tidal effects are very small.

Hey Frank and clan! Just thought I'd say I'm really appreciating the level of commitment and detail you guys are showing, it a really fine world you have here which I see is still very much growing! Congratulations on finishing your rivers, I'll be following this to see how you plan on placing you're cultures and ethnicities. I'm an anthropology buff who is already a participant in another collab project and if I can chime in when I come back here I'd love to make some suggestions based on what I've learned. I'll say this much, the migration patterns on this world are going to be pretty different to old earth. The continents are much closer with they're being a very limited distinction between 'Old' and 'New' worlds and many of your coastal regions are breeding grounds for expansionist maritime cultures so expect a lot of intermixing early one and a more multi-polar world than our RW.

The geography here is some of the very best I've seen on a fictional world, you really have pushed the bar higher with this level of detail and your climates and environments seem just about right for the arrangement of landmasses you have. There really is nothing more to say on this.

Carry on doing God's work: World-building.

Introducing

JacobFenrir
Thank you for the kind words, it means a lot to me. I wish I could spend more time on it but I'm borrowing the laptop i use the make maps.

Testing something. I'll eventually make a writeup for each frame and post them individually if I decide to keep this. It covers about 2200 years of progress from about the equivalent 2500 BC, using the SUCK color scheme(not gonna be real life countries just similar ones).
tA2Kc0S.gif

Testing something. I'll eventually make a writeup for each frame and post them individually if I decide to keep this. It covers about 2200 years of progress from about the equivalent 2500 BC, using the SUCK color scheme(not gonna be real life countries just similar ones).
tA2Kc0S.gif
Is the one big country near the end (the one that turns blue then tan) the Rome analogue?

I like that you've started work on the human history of the world now. I've a question about your ethno-cultural areas. Do you have an idea where your 'Europe' and 'China' are? It seemed from your previous posts they on both located on that Northwestern continent in rather close proximity to one another. Another good question would be to ask where your origin point of modern humans is?

I like that you've started work on the human history of the world now. I've a question about your ethno-cultural areas. Do you have an idea where your 'Europe' and 'China' are? It seemed from your previous posts they on both located on that Northwestern continent in rather close proximity to one another. Another good question would be to ask where your origin point of modern humans is?
If you look at the name map on previous pages to understand the names, China is basically Serica and Europe is Hatar. Humans evolved on the Hadban Plateau in central Rhodin.

Surprise paleo map! Featuring a dried up Thalmedic Sea and an as-of-yet unnamed equivalent to the Paratethys Sea as well. Writeups on BC 2500 - BC 2000 coming soon.
tellurus messinian.png

Also updated the Pleistocene map.
tellurus pleistocene names.png

Last edited: