Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

map24.jpg

Louis P. Bénézet's map of "Europe As It Should Be" (1918)

Is Louis P. French? Free Occitania and Catalunya! Language d'oc!

europe_as_it_should_be.png

Europe as it never, ever should've been

Seriously, Spanish Sardinia? I tried to make the borders as blobby as the original.

Considering there is a Catalan community in Sardinia...
my point was that Sicily really was controlled by Spain for a long, long time before becoming part of Italy XD it actually contributed a fair bit to how Cosa Nostra came to be

Vuu

Banned
Even if whoever the hell your favorite faction is made it, it would be equally bad. They need to talk to me about dem borders, the only important thing on a map

Wait, it was? I though that SS Burgund was the only project.
You had a lot of conflicting projects in SS and Nazi circles, it was a mess of ambitions and degenerate understanding of the world.
This particular map, as said in the post, is the result of former SS and nazi survivors in the 70's that claimed it was what began to be popular in the latter part of the world when SS was definitely not about German supremacism and even less about genocide but European fraternity, because that's what SS was all about in the end, and communo-democrat just lied a lot, and even some liberals agree now that there a need of ethno-states, etc., etc.

Deleted member 108228

You had a lot of conflicting projects in SS and Nazi circles, it was a mess of ambitions and degenerate understanding of the world.
This particular map, as said in the post, is the result of former SS and nazi survivors in the 70's that claimed it was what began to be popular in the latter part of the world when SS was definitely not about German supremacism and even less about genocide but European fraternity, because that's what SS was all about in the end, and communo-democrat just lied a lot, and even some liberals agree now that there a need of ethno-states, etc., etc.

What other SS/Nazi Projects were there? I know of the Burgund thing, and the Gotengau.

What other SS/Nazi Projects were there? I know of the Burgund thing, and the Gotengau.
It probably wasn't a SS project, rather the half-made up remembrance about what some SS tought of what Europe should look like. There's no way SS as a whole, especially German and leading groups, would have gave up on nazi ideology and German dominance.
Truth to be told, you didn't have real SS projects, as real plan goes : just whichever fantasy Himmler or his sycophants came with and forgot eventually in favor of another one. Even Hitler, of all people, didn't considered it noteworthy.

Deleted member 108228

It probably wasn't a SS project, rather the half-made up remembrance about what some SS tought of what Europe should look like. There's no way SS as a whole, especially German and leading groups, would have gave up on nazi ideology and German dominance.
Truth to be told, you didn't have real SS projects, as real plan goes : just whichever fantasy Himmler or his sycophants came with and forgot eventually in favor of another one. Even Hitler, of all people, didn't considered it noteworthy.

If Hitler was bored, then that is saying something

If Hitler was bored, then that is saying something

IIRC, he wasn't anywhere nearly as interested in the occult as Himler was. I can't remember if this was from OTL or an ATL, but at least some Nazis weren't all that enamoured with all of the "Aryan" artefacts German archaeologists kept finding, because all that proved was that Aryans were once primitive.

Skallagrim

Banned
IIRC, he wasn't anywhere nearly as interested in the occult as Himler was. I can't remember if this was from OTL or an ATL, but at least some Nazis weren't all that enamoured with all of the "Aryan" artefacts German archaeologists kept finding, because all that proved was that Aryans were once primitive.

This was OTL. Himmer's organisation Ahnenerbe ("Ancestor-inheritance") served to investigate the Germanic past (although, predictably, also delving into Grail mythology and such stuff). Himmer was very keen on reconstructing actual Germanic town-halls and such things, and Hitler was really not into it. He preferred Speer's neoclassical designs as representing the "Aryan spirit" (designs which Himmler, correctly, saw as totally unconnected to the actual Germanic past). Hitler mostly just let Himmler muck about freely, in part because Ahnenerbe was conveniently self-financing. (This was really ingenious: Himmler managed that by basically stealing the patent for those reflector thingies you put on bicycle paddles... and then pushing the government to make them mandatory, so that Ahnenerbe, as the patent holder, made a killing in royalties. And yes, that is also OTL.)

Those interested in the matter can read about all of this in the book I got this from: The Master Plan: Himmler's Scholars and the Holocaust, by Heather Pringle. It details how Himmler was both the Nazi most interested in real history and the Nazi most interested in the kind of bullshit you see on Ancient Aliens. Also... how he had really insane plans for the future of the Aryan Empire (including neo-feudalism with the SS elite as the new aristocrats, and an artificial return to pseudo-medieval conditions.)