The Iron Eagle: An Adolf Hitler Presidency

Is this TL Good so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Md139115

Banned
Bryan and Hitler end up as die-hard adversaries due to Hitler’s embrace of evolution in humans as proof of his racial and America-centric views, which, incidentally is precisely why Bryan was opposed to it.

Edward IX

Banned
I will vote for the chicken farmer talking to the posion dwarf.

Although, as someone who is very interested in the formation of the Republic of Ireland, I am highly interested to see that the "Big Fella" is still alive and well.

Last edited:
The Four Meetings: Hitler and the Great Commoner - Part One
The Cornhusker state was the epicenter of America in its purest form, both physically and metaphysically. Within it's majestic plains it sang the soul of America: with its bountiful homesteads a reminder of both the settler culture and immigrant story, its manifold farms a testimony to both the Jeffersonian farming spirit and the state's vitality in modern commerce, and its diverse churches illuminating both Columbia's piety and plurality; Nebraska was the kernel of America.

The state's motto, "Equality before the law", was best exemplified through Prairie statesman William Jennings Bryan. The Silver Platte Orator, still maintaining his soulful vigor, nonetheless was past his prime. Now 63, Bryan was only able to muster half the energy he had exhibited in the Chicago convention 27 years ago. Half his duty as the common man's champion was to ensure that the new generation of genuine American populists were ready to tackle the upcoming generation's social and political ills. A promising successor had been found, whose name was -

"Adolph. Adolph Hitler, Mr. Secretary."

"Welcome to my humble abode, Senator Hitler."

"Why thank you sir."

"No need to thank me. Young whippersnappers like you are blessings."

"Hitler was taken aback by the generous words of America's forefront populist. Little did he know that former Secretary Bryan's quick personal amiability was not on the basis of the Texan's personal charm and allure but based upon the Great Commoner's latest mission." - David McCullough

"I am glad you could find the time, Mr. Hitler."

"But of course sir."

"Be honest, Mr. Hitler, what is the first thing that pops up in your mind when you hear of me?"

"I envision a courageous man who fought tooth and nail for what he knew was right."

"Exactly. Not a success."

"But sir, I did not imply you were a failu-"

"No, there was nothing wrong in your original response. It was … accurate."

Hitler froze. He sensed a developing change in the conversation.

"I'm an old man now, Hitler. And as an old man, I have reflected about my life time and time again. I understand my mistakes, my past mishaps, and for that I am tenfold wiser."

Hitler cautiously approved, holding back a gulp. He did not wish to disturb or insult the great man in front of his eyes.

"I was cocky, I was arrogant. I thought I, a 36 lawyer from the backends of Nebraska could take on the whole Republican machine with only my rhetoric and integrity. How foolish I was."

Now, Adolph's eyes grew, pulling him in with his eager ears. Knowledge was dripping in gallons; he did not know if he would ever have such a marvelous opportunity again.

"I let my vanity and eagerness get in the way of achieving great things. Yes yes, you may ponder this, wondering why I shrug off legislative achievements in women's suffrage, on worker's rights, and on the drink."

Embarrassingly enough, Hitler hadn't. But he did not correct the Nebraskan sage.

"Well, I am truly proud of these milestones, and am pleased that I could do my part in advancing these righteous causes. But I could not fundamentally change the system. The men who so viciously beat me down with their money power and political extravagance are the same men who still ensnare this nation with their iron claws: the same men who you have courageously fought in the Congressional halls."

Adolph blushed. "Am I being called brave by the man who took on the whole Democratic establishment twenty-seven years ago?" he thought. His face brightly illuminated the strong emotional response to the mass leader's praise.

"Your shock and slight amusement is strongly apparent, Adolph."

"I so appreciate your kind words, sir."

"Oh no, you deserve them. I see great potential in you Adolph. I was a man who could have changed everything, but my personal fall backs prevented me from upending the status quo. You are someone who can turn this wicked, anti-people system on its head. And, I say this with great clarity and brevity, you are the champion I have been looking for since I resigned from office and the one this nation needs. I feel you have great potential, Adolph."

"I promise I will not let you down, sir. I might be saying this with impulse or clarity, but I certainly say this with heart and commitment."

The Nebraskanite smiled, a smirk brought out both by nostalgia and hope. After a brief yet hearty chuckle, he responded with:

"Well then, let's get started."

Well guys, its been a while. I have been busy, and will continue to be. But the good news is that I have to a large extent figured out the basic roadmap for this timeline, and depending on the nation, up to the 1980's.

There will be a part two to this meeting, and three more meetings. One Hitler will be involved in, one a meeting between two Britons (both whose last names are either A, B, or C) and one in Munich between two diabolical schemers.

Edward IX

Banned
What a wonderful update!

*Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice! It's not a thing to be waited for, it's something to be achieved! "

"My friends, if I may revise my words from when I was a young man in 1896, you shall not press down on labor this crown of thorns, you shall not crucify America on this cross of internationalism! Nay, Never! For one man who will be our savior is here! This is his hour, America's hour! I am proud to place into the nomination the name of a man who carries forth the legacy of Woodrow Wilson, the Next President of the United States: Adolph Hitler!"I

The "Battle Hymn of the Republic" begins to play.

*note the first quote is actual

Danga

Banned
I think the sedition at of 1918 and the espionage act of 1917 will come back with a vengeance when hitler becomes president

The Four Meetings: Spilled Milk
The historical 10 Downing Street was the nucleus of British political life. In was the dwelling of great statesmen, from William Pitt the Younger to David Lloyd George. Future statemen were as certain to reside in the historic location as they were to exist: indefinitely. Yet, to quote William Pitt the Younger, it was a "vast, awkward house". His commentary provides as much of a reflection of British aristocracy's distaste for the awkward and out-of-place as much as a description of the dwelling a few centuries ago. Unfortunately for the man from Oxfordshire, those cultural inclinations did not die off along with Pitt the Younger's generation.

"Woe is Winston Churchill! His career in politics be damned by a single cup of milk!" exclaimed semi-satirically British historian and biographer Lord Christopher Hitchens. While originally mocked for his work, the then thirty year old budding intellectual Hitchens' book The Rise and Fall of Traditional Toryism took great notice of a passage in Sir Stanley Baldwin's personal diary; the diary that accounted for the seemingly minutiae events of September 3rd, 1923:

"I have woken up to a rather perky morning. I have grown accustomed to my duties, and all runs smoothly today. Well, not quite. Winston Churchill, the former Secretary of State of the Colonies no less, came to my office for a meeting no less with a milk stain! Now, it is courteous to inform someone they enjoyed your hospitality, but not to gulp it down like a porker! For heavens sake, what kind of man is he to barge into my office with such hideous attire? His self-staining is one matter. His self-staining and forcing me, a proper gentleman, to engage with him on a serious level with such a blot, both literal and metaphorically, is absolutely ridiculous!"

"Now, it is hard not to pity sir Winston. Here was someone who, not immediately, but during a period of tremendous crisis, had his voice trampled down in the midst. Now, the events were all the harder to piece together for not only was it traditionally viewed as a moment of great importance but also because Prime Minister Baldwin was unaware of the previous events regarding the incident. After numerous reports and interviews were collected however, the most likely summation of events is this"*:

Winston Churchill was a busy man. Tired of not moving ahead in life, he had no care for the frivolities of aristocratic politics, aside from the necessary profile sustenance. "Business is everything" he frequently commented to himself, especially during the busy days of early post-war Britain. A member of the George Ministry, Churchill was no stranger to the workings of Westminster, but he never truly felt as if he was in its centre. So the ambitious politician strove to do what any ambitious politician would do: get the attention of the one who sits in 10 Downing Street.

Having no time to miss, Winston ran as fast and gentlemanly as he could through the streets of London as to not be late for his appointment with Prime Minister Baldwin. He had always desired to rejoin a Ministry as to put himself back on Westminster's map, and being late was the worst insult imaginable. His efforts in fact had him five minutes early for his appointment, and he took a heavy sigh. Perhaps he sighed too soon.

Asked what drink he would enjoy, Churchill decided that brandy in the morning would be too much. Instead, something "more childish, more wholesome would do. I would enjoy a cup of warm milk". The servant affirmed, and in three minutes brought his seemingly innocent drink.

Winston rather quickly picked up his drink, fearing his summoning prior to sipping his milk. In this fearing mind, and fear is known to cloud one's judgement, Churchill gulped down his milk, only to witness the horror. Drops of milk had spilled all over his coat and suit!

Churchill grimaced. No witness did not notice the sheer grimace on his face. Yet, he maintained his calm and composure as he tried to wipe out the blots of calcium over his fine attire. He would not be so lucky. He was summoned to the Prime Minister's office, only to be greeted with a "Dear God!"

Churchill still maintained himself rather well. His previous and future meetings with many Conservative party leaders had all but assured him the position of Chancellor of the Exchequer. However, as Prime Minister Baldwin wrote, "it was not my most confident of decisions".

stanley-baldwin-and-winston-churchill.jpg

(Prime Minister Stanley Baldwin outside of 10 Downing Street with Chancellor of the Exchequer Winston Churchill, February 1924. While originally their relationship was rather normal, the seeds of doubt that always were with Baldwin on Churchill's credibility would not only impact the latter's political career, but would also shape Britain's political destiny permanently.)

*Citation from Letters on Winston Churchill by historian and politician Lord William Whitelaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.