• Judaism

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Remain pagan

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
So I see Orthodoxy is dominating.

Is this out of reading TSK, wish to see Lithuania replace Russia or inner desire to see ethnic Lithuanians gone? :p

Out of question.

latest

Is this out of reading TSK,

What is "TSK"?

wish to see Lithuania replace Russia

It is not about "replacing" Russia but about creating an unified state which is not the PLC and speculating what will happen. Rulers' ethnic identities do not matter: Rurikid state had been ruled by the people with a mixed Northern-Slavic-Lithuanian-Mongolian pedigree and Russian Empire ended up being ruled by a branch of the Holstein-Gottorp House. Nobody cared.

or inner desire to see ethnic Lithuanians gone? :p

Now, when you mentioned it .....:cool:

Is this out of reading TSK, wish to see Lithuania replace Russia or inner desire to see ethnic Lithuanians gone? :p

I just think that Lithuania has more capacity to become an independent actor that way (for starters they gain Novgorod as some kind of dependency, since it was also outside the Vladimir metropoly). Recieving Catholicism from the Knights would be my second choice because of the potential conflicts with Poland, which is new and cool in AH terms.

They had been burning widows alive (see "Grazyna" by Adam Mickiewicz) ;)

Look, the ability to sacrifice your least favourite son to Yarilo during the festival of Reformed Slavic Paganism is a CK ability many a RL early modern ruler would have appreciated. If you can add his widow to the mix, all the better.

What about a reeeeaaaaally early Christianization, like within a few decades of Poland's conversion?

Also given that the dead ends of Judaism and remaining pagan are on the poll I'll pitch Gnosticism (although rather than just a dead end, that would be begging for a sequel to the Albigensian Crusade).

What about a reeeeaaaaally early Christianization, like within a few decades of Poland's conversion?

Also given that the dead ends of Judaism and remaining pagan are on the poll I'll pitch Gnosticism (although rather than just a dead end, that would be begging for a sequel to the Albigensian Crusade).

I’ll do ya one better, what about a reeeeeeeeealllllly early conversion by some kind of Late Antique mission to the Germans that is diverted to the Baltics? How would a Migration Era Chalcedonian Proto-Baltic state fare?

...and yes, I am aware this is near ASB

Deleted member 114175

Paganism is retained, but international connections across Europe, the Renaissance, and Reformation turns it into a number of different loosely associated religions, with the elites following Neoplatonism, Hermeticism, and Gnosticism.

Paganism is retained, but international connections across Europe, the Renaissance, and Reformation turns it into a number of different loosely associated religions, with the elites following Neoplatonism, Hermeticism, and Gnosticism.

Lithuania as a refuge for every heterodox intellectual of that ilk would be....interesting :p

There were attempts to convert the Baltic tribes to Christianity in the late 10th-early 11th centuries, however, all it achieved was a bunch of martyred missionaries.