Timeline 191 - Name of Confederate Battleship?

I seem to recall a scene towards the end of In at the Death in which Sam Carsten was standing on the deck of a US ship in the Gulf of Mexico looking at a Confederate battleship which had not been completed in time to enter the Second Great War. (I think they were talking about turning it into razor blades.)

Does anyone happen to remember the name of the Confederate battleship seen towards the end of In at the Death, and does the book mention this particular ship's final fate? (I imagine that it must have been something similar to the Iowa-class of ships in OTL?)

I don't remember any mention of any Confederate capital ship names during the series. The only Confederate surface ship that I only ever heard named was a Cruiser from the First Great War, that was named Fort Sumter, but that is all I remember.

I don't remember any mention of any Confederate capital ship names during the series. The only Confederate surface ship that I only ever heard named was a Cruiser from the First Great War, that was named Fort Sumter, but that is all I remember.

It was a very minor plot device in a bigger setting if memory serves me correctly. It seems that a US Navy ship had just departed a Confederate base to conduct an inspection (soon after the end of the war) and as they were heading out to sea they passed a dry dock in which a Confederate battleship was nearly finished. I think that they also mentioned that the unfinished Confederate ship was currently manned by Confederate Naval Cadetes, and not an actual crew. I think that the spent about two or three sentences talking about the ship, and the impression that I got was that it was supposed to be something like the Bismark, or maybe the USS Missouri in OTL. I think that it might have been named the CSS Alabama, but I no longer have a copy of In at the Death in front of me, and it has been at least ten year since I read it.

Actually, what happened was Carsten's ship was on occupation duty, at Mobile, and he and he executive officer were looking at a bunch of Confederate warships that we're tied up and what the U.S. going to do with them. As to the Confederate naval cadets, Mobile was home to their Naval academy.

Actually, what happened was Carsten's ship was on occupation duty, at Mobile, and he and he executive officer were looking at a bunch of Confederate warships that we're tied up and what the U.S. going to do with them. As to the Confederate naval cadets, Mobile was home to their Naval academy.
Sounds like I need to go to the second hand book store and pick up a used copy of In at the Death and read it again.