New Deal Coalition Retained III: A New World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you certainly got the white man's burden in the negotiations down pat.

And Bundy's figures don't add up.

University Presidents have leeway in the total numbers.

For example you can go 80% Washington, 10% "agreement", and 10% foreign/other U.S. or 80%Washington, 15%agreement, and 5% foreign/other.

Last edited:
Hmm? Go on.

Let's treat the natives, literally called 'tribesmen', no leadership being established or even relevant to any signing of any kind (is it a NeoIncan, is it a Colonel Kurtz NeoIncan) to the full might of a US Division which we'll somehow airlift in more or less one go and which will be present at negotiations because gunboat diplomacy needs a facelift and let's decide on a balance between two countries established through means of our superior education and whose borders we'll mostly make up ourselves.

Also let's not call ethnic cleansing by its name.

Also the Marburg virus is apparently good at racism.

I am just going to leave this here for future reference. Supreme Court replacements spoiled in wikiboxes.

G Harold Carswell replaced by Joe Biden in 1995

Robert F Kennedy replaced by Bob Casey Jr in 2009

Let's treat the natives, literally called 'tribesmen', no leadership being established or even relevant to any signing of any kind (is it a NeoIncan, is it a Colonel Kurtz NeoIncan) to the full might of a US Division which we'll somehow airlift in more or less one go and which will be present at negotiations because gunboat diplomacy needs a facelift and let's decide on a balance between two countries established through means of our superior education and whose borders we'll mostly make up ourselves.

Also let's not call ethnic cleansing by its name.

Also the Marburg virus is apparently good at racism.

Thank you for your criticism, some changes have been made in reflection of your complaints. Check the post if you'd like. You will most likely not like the post anyways, but I tried to take criticism to heart.

90%Washington, 15%agreement, and 5% foreign/other

yeeeeeeeees, that was my point?

Thank you for your criticism, some changes have been made in reflection of your complaints. Check the post if you'd like. You will most likely not like the post anyways, but I tried to take criticism to heart.

Ah, the old trick of 'let's have the UN survey it and not call it ethnic cleansing, that way it won't be'.

It's still a treaty dictated at gunpoint to people who don't know their own interests and are magically raised up by Western education inside of half a decade.

French Elections 1993
Les Jours Ont Changé

The nation of France throughout its history has experienced countless of wars as did many other nations on the European continent. It was no different during World War III as France saw herself with many men and women deciding to put their nation first, many dying on the battlefronts. History repeated itself once again as men and women would come back home in their homeland of France, being praised as heroes. But at the same time though, many died in the process. To some, they died for a good heroic cause, while to others they’ve died for nothing but for a pointless war for the sake of the Germans.

Even for those who fought and came back being paraded through the streets of Paris and Lyons, many veterans felt they had lost so much during the war. To some veterans they imagined that ghosts of their French brothers and sisters were being paraded through the streets of their home villages. Their coffins were marched through the streets in pure silence along with the couple of cries from their loved ones.

After the Third World War, the French nation while recovering from the war it had gone through plenty of political changes as a result. For instance, the French Communist Party (PCF) would be banned due to the negative image of communism the war had brought, (As well as fears of being a puppet of the Kremlin). The French Section of the Workers’ International (SFIO) would end up disassociating itself from the communist ideology, resulting in the party itself changing its name to Parti Pour Le Peuple, (“Party for the Common People” in English), with it’s initials being “PLP”.

Even before the war began in Europe, France also saw political changes in it’s government as Jean-Marie Le Pen formed his own party called the Movement for France (FLM) after breaking away from the National Front (FN).

However the 1993 French legislative election would end up seeing many changes as well for the French people. The previous president, Mitterrand, of the SFIO, being too old to run a third term in office decided to not run again for the upcoming election. Because of that, this led to former General Michel Roquejeoffre becoming head of the National Front as many saw a huge chance for the party to regain the presidency. Meanwhile Jean-Marie Le Pen of the Movement for France (FLM) would gain more popularity within the party he created. Within the newly created Party for the Common People (PLP), Lionel Jospin saw his numbers decrease as much of the French population associated his party as being communist even though he and many of his party members abandoned their ties with communism. The Gaullist party, Rally for the Republic (RPR) headed by Jacques Chirac would see more members joining him due to many controversial remarks Le Pen made in the lead up to the election.

During the election, the Party for the Common People (PLP) would end up getting further weakened due to various scandals, (such as involving illicit financing, involvement with Soviet forces during World War III, contaminated blood, and other affairs), and an intense rivalry between Mitterrand’s potential successors (Lionel Jospin and Laurent Fabius) as they constantly accused one another for being involved with the various scandals.

For the Movement for France (FLM), Jean-Marie Le Pen saw himself come under fire after making insulting and disturbing remarks about the Russian and Algerian people and in one instance stated that Soviet child soldiers during the war “deserved to die” for helping the communists taking over Europe. With his controversial statements, his party saw their number of seats in the French National Assembly decrease from 17 to 6.

This led to an eventual alliance being formed between Roquejeoffre of the FN and Chirac of the RPR, making the FN-PRP coalition. It was a large coalition too, forming the largest majority the National Assembly had seen since the year 1958, with a total of 474 seats. Roquejeoffre and Chirac demanded Mitterrand resign from presidency. Roquejeoffre on the other hand did not want to become prime minister in a new “cohabitation” government, so he choose Alain Juppé to become Prime Minister, to which Juppé agreed. He later publicly stated he would not run against Chirac for the next presidential election.

As a result the conclusion of the French legislative election of 1993, Alain Juppé became the Prime Minister of France for the National Front.

The days were indeed changing in France, whether for the good or the better.

image.png

Last edited:

Redcoat

Banned
I would like to point out the Soviets never invaded Paris. They were stopped before otherwise the French were going to use nukes.
Yeah, though they could still strike Paris, which is the thing he mentioned here.

EDIT: Oh yeah you're right it says the Soviets invaded Paris, that's not true yes. Wew I went over this update before it was posted, how did I not catch that?

Last edited:
Meanwhile the Notre Dame, built in 1345

Get your Wikipedia skimming straight.

Parti Pour Le Peuple, (“Party for the Common People” in English), with it’s initials being “PLP”
Movement for France (FLM)

Your Wikibox gets it right, not your commentary.

contaminated blood

Literally something that occurred in the eighties over HIV/AIDS which this timeline did away with.

You'd think you could have come up with other scandals than just those that happened to two men who would have gone different roads in a country where Massu and Cousteau were PMs and where the SFIO still exists. Also no way Jospin would have that seat, he was parachuté there for a completely butterfly-unproof reason.

EDIT: Oh yeah you're right it says the Soviets invaded Paris, that's not true yes. Wew I went over this update before it was posted, how did I not catch that?
Yeah the whole first part of the update in fact seems to be about the invasion of Paris that never happened. IIRC wasn't Paris only damaged by the bombing attacks by the Soviet Air Force? I don't recall it ever having been in artillery range of the front lines.

Redcoat

Banned
Yeah the whole first part of the update in fact seems to be about the invasion of Paris that never happened. IIRC wasn't Paris only damaged by the bombing attacks by the Soviet Air Force? I don't recall it ever having been in artillery range of the front lines.
He added that part to set the tone for the rest of the update, so changing it to make it an air strafiing still makes sense. He told me he might fix it tomorrow

Your Wikibox gets it right, not your commentary.
Moi, j’ai créé le wikibox, et mon abilité de parler français m’a donné un petit avantage en écrivant les acronymes.

Also no way Jospin would have that seat, he was parachuté there for a completely butterfly-unproof reason.

Yeah, that’s my bad. I don’t know much about Jospin or Haute-Garonne and essentially picked a random constituency. I can change it if it’s too much of an issue. Is Haute-Garonne a particularly conservative area?

Yeah, that’s my bad. I don’t know much about Jospin or Haute-Garonne and essentially picked a random constituency. I can change it if it’s too much of an issue. Is Haute-Garonne a particularly conservative area?

No. He was elected in Paris. Then the election for that particular seat in Haute-Garonne was cancelled due to irregularities in the campaign's finances forcing a by-election. As a way to give the PS a breather after the general beating it took in 1986, he was chosen to dispute it. The PoD is thirty years earlier. That particular event won't happen.

The French Section of the Workers’ International (SFIO) would end up disassociating itself from the communist ideology, resulting in the party itself changing its name to Parti Pour Le Peuple, (“Party for the Common People” in English), with it’s initials being “PLP”.
Within the newly created Party for the Common People (PLP), Lionel Jospin saw his numbers decrease as much of the French population associated his party as being communist even though he and many of his party members abandoned their ties with communism.
The SFIO wasn't associated with the communist ideology since Jean Jaurés so before WW1.
jolou is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.