Upcoming AH books

Found an article about it, looks maddeningly Americentric.

Where's No Miracle of Bern stifling the event that made Germans comfortable with being proud to be German again, or Cameroon reaching the semis in 1990 ushering in a golden age of African football?

Oh, totally US centered.

reading the comments there... this book seems to have the same problem a lot of Kindle books have... really crappy editing... you have to wonder why the Kindle books in particular are so bad for that...
Most kindle books are self-published. Most folks who self-publish spend too little on both their covers and their editing. Now, I like Paul Lally's cover, it looks pretty sweet. Now, I only looked at the first few pages on Amazon's "look inside" and it was pretty clean grammar-wise, but it's easier to put your best foot forward in the first chapter than to keep a high standard throughout a book.

Having published a few books on Amazon now, I can tell you that a good book cover and editing can get very expensive, very quick. Most books don't sell more than five hundred to a thousand copies. And that assumes they're properly edited and have a compelling cover. Most of the 5-6 million books available on Kindle have sold less than a hundred copies. The economics of self-publishing don't lend themselves well to spending much money on an editor, even though, as you can see in the above example, Mr. Lally would have been well served to have hired one.

Deleted member 82792

Most kindle books are self-published. Most folks who self-publish spend too little on both their covers and their editing. Now, I like Paul Lally's cover, it looks pretty sweet. Now, I only looked at the first few pages on Amazon's "look inside" and it was pretty clean grammar-wise, but it's easier to put your best foot forward in the first chapter than to keep a high standard throughout a book.

Having published a few books on Amazon now, I can tell you that a good book cover and editing can get very expensive, very quick. Most books don't sell more than five hundred to a thousand copies. And that assumes they're properly edited and have a compelling cover. Most of the 5-6 million books available on Kindle have sold less than a hundred copies. The economics of self-publishing don't lend themselves well to spending much money on an editor, even though, as you can see in the above example, Mr. Lally would have been well served to have hired one.
What books have you published?

When is your Down Mexico Way book coming out? It is not listed yet on Amazon. Read your first three and can't wait for the finish.
I'm in the process of formatting the print book. You'd be amazed how easy it is to let something slip through that will screw up some element of formatting.
The kindle version is ready to upload to KDP, I think, but it will need to go through one more eyeball review before I hit the release button. I'm thinking about putting it on a very short pre-order while confirming formatting, maybe a couple of days or so.

Just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed Down Mexico Way. Two questions, Drew. When will book 5 be out in print? Also the only other time I saw an AH site that had Texas as an independent country that streached from the Gulf to the Pacific was an old Sliders episode. Did you ever recall seeing it?

@Dan Greenhouse
I watched some of the old Sliders episodes, but I don't recall that one.
Print will probably follow the ebook by a week or two. My goal is to finish book 5 by the end of October. From there, it'll go to my editor. From there, it's usually 4 to 6 weeks before it is published. But I should warn you, I'm already behind schedule a little. Life has a way of interfering with my writing schedule. All that to say, I hope to publish it before Christmas.